Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #31
maalox
Regular User

Thanks for the (direct!!! :shock links demon, they're hard to come by these days. I hope we're not killing your bandwidth too much, although you must have a ton if you're willing to host this. I'll post a review of the game once I get settled in and playing. Thanks again.
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:10 PM   #32
lamboz
Regular User

ok, ive downloaded both cd's and i will post my review also as soon as i can get my hands on some blank cds !!!!

p.s. i have a athlon 800,256mb ram,geforce ti4200 card... but the game runs pretty slow ( really have to minimize the details) .. im thinking of changing my processor. does anyone know what is the best bang for the buck ? is it worth getting a 3Ghz intel or is a 2700 ahtlon just as good?i really dont know too much about this stuff.....demon, thanks again !!
lamboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:15 PM   #33
DeMoN
Regular User

for some reason, nfs underground does not need too much of graphics card. I play at 1280 resolution in my LAPTOP. I get great framerate and i have a gf4 128ddr in my laptop with p4 1.8mhz and the game runs perfect. I think it is that the game takes great advantage from the directx 9 engine.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:32 PM   #34
Vansquish
Regular User

To play the game do I have to burn the files onto CD's, or is there another way to access it?

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:45 PM   #35
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by maalox
Thanks for the (direct!!! :shock links demon, they're hard to come by these days. I hope we're not killing your bandwidth too much, although you must have a ton if you're willing to host this. I'll post a review of the game once I get settled in and playing. Thanks again.
yes, it is true that this is hard to find, but JW has taught me. I NEVER share lol. My kazaa folder is empty exept for the dloads I currently have... If JW has changed me, I am sure it has plenty others!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:46 PM   #36
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
To play the game do I have to burn the files onto CD's, or is there another way to access it?
to install you dont have to burn, but to play you do. You need CD2 to play the game even after the crack. So yes, you will have to get blank cd's but hmm its .50$ each isnt it?
Old 11-20-2003, 10:43 PM   #37
KaBlookie
Regular User

Location: born near Toronto, Canada, living near Philly, PA, USA

downloading CD1, download speeds started around 120-130, climbed to just over 200, and now it's chillin around 160-170. nice speeds!

dont have enough HDD space on this comp, so im gonna xfer some schidt to other comp and burn it b4 i go get CD2

thanx a lot for sharing this stuff man!!!!!! 8) 8)

96 Acura Integra SE sedan with some goodies
KaBlookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:12 AM   #38
Vansquish
Regular User

What I got when I expanded the .rar files were .cue and .bin files...which my computer is not able to open, as they are "part of another program" or so it tells me hehe. How shall I go about working with them?

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 11-21-2003, 12:14 AM   #39
dominiquelee
Regular User

you need some cd burning software, nero or alcohol 120% will do it nicely
dominiquelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:15 AM   #40
Vansquish
Regular User

I've got burning software...but how is that going to help me? The computer still can't read the files.

Old 11-21-2003, 12:28 AM   #41
Ziploc
Regular User

you open them IN the program...
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 02:04 AM   #42
deth
Regular User

hey, downloaded both and burned them in nero...but having problems installing..it doesnt seem to like CD2 keeps giving me 'insert correct then click OK to continue' anybody else getting this?
Old 11-21-2003, 02:06 AM   #43
deth
Regular User

nm i'm a fricking retard...it worked the second time..
Old 11-21-2003, 02:11 AM   #44
deth
Regular User

dood...just watched the intro....fucking looks like 2F2F! hahaha..i wonder if stickers add HP!

fucking eh...this should be called 'how to be a typical ricer 101'!
Old 11-21-2003, 02:29 AM   #45
Igorionia
Regular User

Hey guys ;( i haven't download game ant both links were down ;( Who can post cd1.rar and cd2.rar one more time ;( I'll be really thanksful ;(
Igorionia is offline   Reply With Quote