Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-15-2003, 12:12 PM   #211
Jabba
Regular User

I have no interest in it...there is only one country that makes true supercars IMO....ITALY......
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:19 PM   #212
SL55 AMG

even a proud yankee that i am, i must admit that too

Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani, love them all!
Old 10-15-2003, 12:22 PM   #213
Jabba
Regular User

Yes even the names are full of passion and excitement...guess you better add Bugatti to that list as well....
Old 10-15-2003, 12:38 PM   #214
st-anger
Regular User

hey what about Porsche....????
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:28 PM   #215
Jabba
Regular User

Yes they are not bad either
Old 10-15-2003, 02:23 PM   #216
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
Not enough love and passion . They're too cold. Nice, but cold and kind of boring.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:44 PM   #217
Vansquish
Regular User

I'm a Ford die-hard fan, and I've seen and heard the GT on the road near where I live (the Blue and White prototype vehicle that's being tested in all the magazines was being run around my neck of the woods)...it looks and sounds incredible...but from what I've seen it's intended to be as good as the 360M on a track, but is a more comfort-biased car...so it's not quite as lively and adjustable. I like the looks a lot better personally, but that's a matter of personal taste hehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:45 PM   #218
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Not enough love and passion . They're too cold. Nice, but cold and kind of boring.
didnt you get upset recently about someone putting a V8 into a Porsche? now you call them boring, thats what the V8 was for, to make it different and livlier.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:46 PM   #219
TT
Regular User

In evo #61 they test the GT against the Modena and surprisingly, Mr Brovington put the GT ahead.. 5 starts against 4 and 1/2 for the 360... the GT beeing more funny to drive and more easily driven on the limit..
Old 10-15-2003, 03:59 PM   #220
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
didnt you get upset recently about someone putting a V8 into a Porsche? now you call them boring, thats what the V8 was for, to make it different and livlier.
It's not about the engine......
A car is more than its engine!
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #221
666fast
Regular User

Then why complain about the engine that the guy swapped in?
Old 10-15-2003, 08:37 PM   #222
themailman34
Regular User

Can't forget the McLaren F1
themailman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:15 AM   #223
novass
Regular User

wait, so your saying that i cant just sit on an engine and go? so thats what ive been doin wrong LOL

i just thought it was kind of funny how upset you got over that engine swap and defended the honor of Dr. Porsche, but now you call his work boring and cold. i agree with you on that part tho, i do like Porsches but i also think they are a little cold and plain. ive had nothing but good experiances with Porsches, but when compared to Ferrari or Lambo, they are a little utilitarian in design.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 08:30 AM   #224
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Nope I am very undecided on it now after seeing Tiff's review...they are not available here until March 2004 anyway......
Don't let Tiff stop you from test driving one. After all, he is a racing car driver and obviously likes cars best when they're as uncompromising as they can be. I think the Gallardo could turn out to be great fun on the road. If not, you have to wait till the rwd street version of the Gallardo competition car gets built. I hope Lambo will do that. Complemented with a street version of the Murcielago R-GT they would have the perfect range of cars IMO.

I have just read this thread for the first time and it surprised me how many people here know so little about Lamborghini.

No scissor doors (not gullwing BTW) strange for a Lamborghini?! Only if the Countach and Diablo were the entire history of the marque. Which they're not.

A smaller Lamborghini just Audi's idea?! No way, the project was started long before Audi took over. Take a look at the L140. The V10 engine has been ready for years too. Besides, has no one ever heard of the Urraco/Silhouette/Jalpa range?

Most Lambos had incomprehensible names for non Italians. That's why Lambo needs to continue with that. Screw everyone that doesn't understand it or has trouble pronouncing it. I never heard anyone complain about the name Countach, but now it seems Murcielago and Gallardo are suddenly too difficult! For which, astoundingly, Audi is blamed too. LOL!
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:07 PM   #225
coombsie66
Regular User

Oh man, its gud 2 b back!! Its taken me mate a fuckin month 2 sort out the god damn internet in our student house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhh!!!!!
Nyways, jabba, when u comin 2 south ken 2 c the lambo, i live 10 mins cycle away and me uni is just up the road, b nice 2 pop down and say hello if uve got 5 mins! Although i do understand if u want 2 spend the entire time droouling over the gallardo!!!!!