Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-13-2004, 06:03 PM   #31
skituner
Regular User

i really like the look
i dont know how i drives but the styling is nice
finally some american companies are goin back to the muscle car roots
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #32
Vansquish
Regular User

blah wrote:

looks like a sebring fucked a XLR and thats the result what the hell is that?
and the answer, better looking than either ;-P

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #33
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
what did they say on the 1/4 mile time?
1/4 mile time is 14.1s @ 101.1mph pretty decent.
4330 lbs curb weight 54/46 weight distribution

Road and Track just put out a not-so mini magazine with this months issue

OH BTW they make an All Wheel Drive Version as well
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 08:53 PM   #34
Nocturn
Regular User

I herd they got a 13.9 @ 102 out of it in some magazine, can't remember which one though. I'v read a couple of reviews about it and it seems people either think it's pretty quick, or untollerably slow. But the general consensus was that it had good off the line power but hitting it @ 60mph wasn't to impressive.

Personally I think its good competition for the GTO were they ever to make a coupe 2 door version. But I think the GTO is a better car for the money.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:02 PM   #35
5.7 V10
Regular User

I'm not an American car fan, but admit i like it. Not enough to buy, but i still rocks. 345hp, 390 tq.

Sweet, looks good too.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:55 PM   #36
nthfinity
Regular User

econo engine controls the 'demi hemi' that the computer aperently almost instantaneously snaps the unused cylinders into working again... good idea if tis fast enough. GM has been playing around with this idea for years... but havent yet had a good enough version that people actually used it (always in the corvette) one of the big problems with their system is that it requires the engine to be started as a V4 pushing 8 cylinders, or a V8.

its not a terrible looking car, but the more options that have been installed quite segnificantly raise the price. still cheaper then the E class benz brand new...
Old 04-24-2004, 11:48 PM   #37
FoxFour
Regular User

I have seen one or two being test driven lately. Finally, Chrysler got it right IMO. It will be interesting to see how well the AWD versions will sell. The performance from this car is surprising. I will be expecting 300 owners to be challenging me now. Bring it on!! I bet an M version is being tested as we speak. And I'm sure that the M version won't have the 126 mph speed limiter that the American 300C currently has.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:10 AM   #38
Nocturn
Regular User

Gm already has it in production on some of their pickups, and is stated to be on the C6. What I want to know is with some exhaust mods is it going to sound like a 4cylinder when your not on the throttle? That would be weird. DC basically is doing the same thing GM has been almost to the point where they are called the exact same thing.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:02 AM   #39
nthfinity
Regular User

Gm already has it in production on some of their pickups, and is stated to be on the C6

it would help slightly if you use quotes a bit more often, or describe what you are speaking of if you arent going to quote. that helps the rest of us.... dont worry, i do know what you speak of.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:10 AM   #40
Nocturn
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Gm already has it in production on some of their pickups, and is stated to be on the C6

it would help slightly if you use quotes a bit more often, or describe what you are speaking of if you arent going to quote. that helps the rest of us.... dont worry, i do know what you speak of.
Ah well ill be sure to do that then.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:29 AM   #41
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Only problem with RWD cars is that most of the American public is too stupid to know how to drive them safely, and even fewer are capable in the snow and other inclement weather.
what about all the RWD trucks out there. my parents have a 90 GMC seirra RWD, and lemme tell u its tricky as hell with out concrete slabs above the rear axle in the winter! but i think some of the slower americans can figure out a RWD car in the winter, if my sister can figure out our truck with out crashing it.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:14 PM   #42
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by FoxFour
I have seen one or two being test driven lately. Finally, Chrysler got it right IMO. It will be interesting to see how well the AWD versions will sell. The performance from this car is surprising. I will be expecting 300 owners to be challenging me now. Bring it on!! I bet an M version is being tested as we speak. And I'm sure that the M version won't have the 126 mph speed limiter that the American 300C currently has.
You know the 300M is not a performance version of the 300 we aren't talking BMW buddy the M was a model designation that Chrysler used to have with the 300's but for some reason they decided to use the letter C again on this one and the V6 version is just the 300 the M is not a performance version of the 300 just to let you know. And BTW I've seen a few on the road and they are pretty damn quick.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:34 PM   #43
gtx28
Regular User

I know the new Hemi is a small block motor. According to dodge they are running 9.6/1 compression. If memory serves correct, the older bigblock Hemi motors were like 13/1 compression. I dont know if its possable, mabey with headstuds, but i would like to see a modern large displacement, fuel injected, high compression hemi.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:25 AM   #44
nthfinity
Regular User

13:1!!!!!!???????? are you out of your mind! the engine would be engaging in hydrolic lock!

the 426 hemi was a higher compression engine @ 10.25:1
Old 04-30-2004, 11:50 AM   #45
bmagni
Regular User

finally chrysler is doing something well, we should see how it performs, but the looks are good
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote