Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #31
dangerously_cool
Regular User

Speedkiller, I have to agree with RC on the point that you're going about this rather arrogantly. To say that the US will never create a car on par with the Europeans is presumptuous.

You're also going to have to define driver's car if what the neww Z06 possesses isn't a mark of a driver's car. What is then?

A driver's car can be anything to anyone. A Conti GT is a driver's car if you like grand touring. My Neon is a driver's car if you're poor. The Z06 is damned fast, brakes damned well, and handles or it wouldn't have gotten the 7.42. The Carrera S is around that price, a little more, but what was its ring time? Around 8.00?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:05 AM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Just as I thought ***chirp chirp*** - the sound of crickets, instead of ***clickety click*** , the sound of key strokes as Speedkillar posts an asnwer to the above question.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:15 AM   #33
number77
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Just as I thought ***chirp chirp*** - the sound of crickets, instead of ***clickety click*** , the sound of key strokes as Speedkillar posts an asnwer to the above question.
I think what it comes down to is that he has too much pride, and can't admit that *insert his favorite car maker here* doesn't make a car anywhere near the value of the c6 z06.
If you ask someone who designed the Ford GT, they will say that the modena is a heck of a car, even though the GT can take it. If you ask them about the ENZO, they will say its a heck of a car, even if the GT can't take it.

Competitors respect each others cars....that is why it is called competition. These people compete, they don't got to war with eachother. When was the last time you heard of the company Lamborghini saying that everyone makes inferior cars to their?
Just admit that the Z06 deserves respect for the category it is in (a super fast low costing car).
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:24 AM   #34
abbor
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
So I guess it didn't hurt u as much as those turbo car owners in this ever hiking oil prices ehh. It's 97cents a liter over here @ toronto today. :cry:
97 cents??????? WTF are you complaining about? It's half our price...
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:20 PM   #35
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

^^^^^^^Are you all fucking stupid dickheads, damnnn.

READ CAREFULLY:

1) Me like C6 Z06 verry much

2)C6 Z06 is no more "real" bang for buck when compared too C5 Z06

3)C6 Z06 is good vehikle( ) but never achieve level of Euro rivals

You understand maybe this... :roll: :fist:

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:05 PM   #36
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
honda accord mileage? what mpg do you get on average in your z06?
ON the open road cruising - as I did on the last 2400 mile round trip I did 3 weeks ago - 27mpg.. - in a mellow mood you can get 29mpg.

That's about 8.5l/100km.

Yeah - yeah - yeah - so Accords can squeeze out 35mpg on a good day....

Urban cycle can be from 12mpg to 19mpg - all depends how you drive.

The C6 Z06 should be in the same range - it has missed gas-guzzler tax yet again
god damn.. 27mpg.. and you have 385hp on tap..
i get about 22mpg in my RAV4 goin from Boston to New York.. if i was real leanient on the throttle i could probably get 25-26.. but thats with a inline-4!
Old 08-14-2005, 01:07 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
No - you are - the car is the same as it has always been - only 100hp more, which is on a par with every other car it has been competing against since 2001.

In other words - the C5 Z06 was on a par with the cars of it's day - just the same as the C6 Z06 is on a par with cars of it's day. But funny how people would not give credit in the past.

READ CAREFULLY:

Personally I would prefer it if you didn't like it - we don't need arseholes like you to be ambassadors for Corvette :fist:

We (Vette family members) have been around for 52 years without the need for your kind of haters - we can survive the next 52 without you :fist: - but thanks for the offer

Bullshit. You are just too stupid to realize the price increase from $51,000 to $65,000 is STILL on a par with it's performance peers.

Use you mind :

The C5 Z06 competed against Vipers GTS-R, Ferrari 360CS, the Y2K Mustang SVT Cobra, Porker GT2, Porker GT3, Porker 911TT, Lamborghini Diable and Gallardo etc etc etc

Price check - aisles 5 - Speedkillar - go compare the price of the then $51,XXX C5 Z06 vs every other one of those cars.

Come back and tell us the answer. Many people are waiting to see your answer.

Now lets see the about the C6 Z06:

The C6 Z06 competes against Viper SRT/10, the upcoming Viper Coupe, Ford GT, Ferrari 430 and upcoming 430CS, Porker GT2, Porker GT3, Porker 911TT, Lamborghini Murci and Gallardo etc etc etc

Price check - aisles 6 - Speedkillar - go compare the price of the $65,500 C6 Z06 vs every other one of those cars.

Truth be known you are so out of your depth in this debate I will destroy your every thought, let alone actual comments you post. (if only because I have a lot more Vette related research at my finger tips )

Who gives a shit what you think or say, the truth is played out every weekend on the street and on the tracks as people take their cars to track days, amateur races and semi pro events.

And that is with street cars... let's not even talk about what happens every time Corvette race cars show up

Just as I thought ***chirp chirp*** - the sound of crickets, instead of ***clickety click*** , the sound of key strokes as you posts an answer to the above question.

Please share with us the price PROOF that the C6 Z06 is not the greatest bargain sports car around.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #38
yg60m
Regular User

Is it a game between Speedkillar and RC ??
Anyway, as I already said, I am sure the C6 Z06 will be a great car and I would be disappointed if the mags reviews are not good !!
Old 08-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

ON the open road cruising - as I did on the last 2400 mile round trip I did 3 weeks ago - 27mpg.. - in a mellow mood you can get 29mpg.

That's about 8.5l/100km.

The C6 Z06 should be in the same range - it has missed gas-guzzler tax yet again
i get about 22mpg in my RAV4 goin from Boston to New York.. if i was real leanient on the throttle i could probably get 25-26.. but thats with a inline-4!
Yep - and now that I have 420hp on tap the fuel mileage is still the same...

Originally Posted by yg60m
Anyway, as I already said, I am sure the C6 Z06 will be a great car and I would be disappointed if the mags reviews are not good !!
Nah - we'd rather recruit 100 Viper drivers than have him cross to our side...

We're all prepared for the magazines to praise the speed, power and handling of the new Z06 - but then in the follow on paragraph they will say that even though it's equal or better to any sports car in the world, that it is not refined enough or luxurious enough or not enough hp/l or not built well enough or not reliable enough etc etc etc.

And that's ok - because many thousands of people will buy them even though they know these facts

Seems to me, that makes it as true of a drivers car as Lambo and Ferrari - as many people bought those through the years even though for many years, Ferrari's and Lambos had reputations for low reliability and high maintenance. (funny how that is a "character" of an Italian car - but a flaw in an Amercian car )

Anyway - I better go off to gather a couple answers for Speedkillars next reply...
Old 08-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #40
yg60m
Regular User

Anyway - I better go off to gather a couple answers for Speedkillars next reply...
Old 08-14-2005, 04:36 PM   #41
5vz-fe
Regular User

Let me put some gasoline on the fire

Old 08-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #42
coloradosilver
Regular User

That's about 8.5l/100km.

Yep - and now that I have 420hp on tap the fuel mileage is still the same...

Originally Posted by yg60m
Nah - we'd rather recruit 100 Viper drivers than have him cross to our side...

We're all prepared for the magazines to praise the speed, power and handling of the new Z06 - but then in the follow on paragraph they will say that even though it's equal or better to any sports car in the world, that it is not refined enough or luxurious enough or not enough hp/l or not built well enough or not reliable enough etc etc etc.

And that's ok - because many thousands of people will buy them even though they know these facts

Seems to me, that makes it as true of a drivers car as Lambo and Ferrari - as many people bought those through the years even though for many years, Ferrari's and Lambos had reputations for low reliability and high maintenance. (funny how that is a "character" of an Italian car - but a flaw in an Amercian car )

It's all about that tall 6th gear.

I still get over 25 mpg with my 485 RWHP.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver

Exactly - considering we strive for an ideal air/fuel ratio - and we have a static engine size - and the engine is just a great noisy pump, we have a constant rate of gasoline we send through the engine for each revolution...

So anytime you can turn fewer revs, the less fuel you burn. I am guessing this little detail is completely overlooked by the super-high-rpm-lovign crowd...

I mean even a Honda S2000 turning a 9,000 rpm sucks gas like a Lamborghini...

Long live the torquey large cubic inch engine that can idle at 70mph.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:49 PM   #44
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver

Exactly - considering we strive for an ideal air/fuel ratio - and we have a static engine size - and the engine is just a great noisy pump, we have a constant rate of gasoline we send through the engine for each revolution...

So anytime you can turn fewer revs, the less fuel you burn. I am guessing this little detail is completely overlooked by the super-high-rpm-lovign crowd...

I mean even a Honda S2000 turning a 9,000 rpm sucks gas like a Lamborghini...

Long live the torquey large cubic inch engine that can idle at 70mph.
Here here!
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:26 PM   #45
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

No - you are - the car is the same as it has always been - only 100hp more, which is on a par with every other car it has been competing against since 2001.

In other words - the C5 Z06 was on a par with the cars of it's day - just the same as the C6 Z06 is on a par with cars of it's day. But funny how people would not give credit in the past.

READ CAREFULLY:

Personally I would prefer it if you didn't like it - we don't need arseholes like you to be ambassadors for Corvette :fist:

We (Vette family members) have been around for 52 years without the need for your kind of haters - we can survive the next 52 without you :fist: - but thanks for the offer

Bullshit. You are just too stupid to realize the price increase from $51,000 to $65,000 is STILL on a par with it's performance peers.

Use you mind :

The C5 Z06 competed against Vipers GTS-R, Ferrari 360CS, the Y2K Mustang SVT Cobra, Porker GT2, Porker GT3, Porker 911TT, Lamborghini Diable and Gallardo etc etc etc

Price check - aisles 5 - Speedkillar - go compare the price of the then $51,XXX C5 Z06 vs every other one of those cars.

Now lets see the about the C6 Z06:

The C6 Z06 competes against Viper SRT/10, the upcoming Viper Coupe, Ford GT, Ferrari 430 and upcoming 430CS, Porker GT2, Porker GT3, Porker 911TT, Lamborghini Murci and Gallardo etc etc etc

Price check - aisles 6 - Speedkillar - go compare the price of the $65,500 C6 Z06 vs every other one of those cars.

Truth be known you are so out of your depth in this debate I will destroy your every thought, let alone actual comments you post. (if only because I have a lot more Vette related research at my finger tips )

Who gives a shit what you think or say, the truth is played out every weekend on the street and on the tracks as people take their cars to track days, amateur races and semi pro events.

And that is with street cars... let's not even talk about what happens every time Corvette race cars show up

Just as I thought ***chirp chirp*** - the sound of crickets, instead of ***clickety click*** , the sound of key strokes as you posts an answer to the above question.

Please share with us the price PROOF that the C6 Z06 is not the greatest bargain sports car around.

- So the car is still the same, just 100hp more, wow, basically they are charging ppl 14000$ more.
Don't think so, the only similarities the C6 Z06 shares with the C5 Z06 is its crappy interior.
And what on 'par', its still not at the same level as its Euro rivals. So who says I am giving it credit? I'm not, just saying that the new model is a more serious contender than the outgoing model.

- And what's up with the "we", , what an idiot, like you and the rest of the barn yard made cars fanboys own the company. Don't think so, I'll like and dislike whatever I want moron.

- And you are stupid for thinking/wishing that it is on par with its Euro rivals, prizewise yes, but you get what you pay for. And you pay for a car made of plastic and a 20th century engine and a crappy interior PERIOD

- To tell you the truth, it is you who is out of "depth", for dreaming that the Z06 will ever be on par with its superior rivals, though it is the better car in the US, and there is where it ends.

- 'The truth is played out every weekend on the streets...' (only during the weekend ha ) I would feel really sorry for you if you believe this crap you wrote yourself. Really, its really sad :cry:

- What is this fascination with crickets? That is probably what you heard a lot during your childhood, poor fellow.

- And to end this, yes it is the "greatest bargain" sports car around, but like I said, you get what pay for.

I'll try to illustrate this statement with a simple for you to understand example.
Lets take chocolate cookies for example, you go to the shop and you got 5$, You look at the shelf and see the cookies you like, but damn, they are 8$, the second choice costs 4$ so you buy them.
The end result will be practically the same, you'll become fatter, it is how you experience the whole cookie eating that is worth the 4 extra dollars of the first choice wich is tastier.

(So you'll start defending your 4$ brand, 'cause that is the only thing you will be able to buy or handle )

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote