Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #31
mvu00

thats one sweet car .. waiting for TIFF to test it and show what it can do
Old 01-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #32
nthfinity
Regular User

thats one sweet car .. waiting for TIFF to test it and show what it can do
hell, id be happy if even tested the N/A S7...
Old 01-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #33
neothealien

yeh that would be ok too, they've been quite impressive in british GT championship
Old 01-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #34
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by ikon2003
Oh, and btw, fast-autos has a really good synopsis of the new TT Saleen.

Awesome read. Dunno if anyone posted the link b4 in this thread, but here it its.

http://www.fast-autos.net/saleen/saleens7tt.html
Good link, thanks.

I can see some very small changes to the appearance...but I think they should do a little bit more, and maybe change the look of the interior. I would really like to see a test of this S7TT to see if it can actually manage those performance numbers...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #35
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
Originally Posted by blah
Originally Posted by mv
The worlds greatest supercar is american and we cant even find one on the road. :x
You are quite nationalistic aren't you? It's definitely one of the most astonishing supercars on sale by now ,however, it's very disputable whether it should be hailed as the best one

I reckon that a proper supercar should be equipped with a lusty V12 rather than a force-fed V8.
Than whats that make the F40, the Porsche Carrera GT, the Koenigsegg, 360 Modena, F430, Lambo Gallardo, SLR McLaren, and a whole host of other supercars? The Saleen is the most underated supercar out there. I believe it to be the best on sale right now. Nothing matches its good looks and performance.
you wanna know why the saleen hasnt changed its appearence, or why it looks like that? Its the best design for that car. For what the saleen has to do. I believe that the saleen has enough downforce to do a loop or something like that. Also i think the enzo and the zonda are very ugly, and i like the design of the saleen better. Still not as nice as the McLaren but very nice.

I might agree in terms of performance...But i find its appearance quite out-dated, it looks like a supercar from mid 90s whereas the zonda or an enzo are more up to date or even futuristic and that's another thing I would expect from a supercar.However, it is a matter of tastes...Btw I've never heard S7's sound - do you happen to know where to download some clips or road tests (if there are any)?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #36
mv
Regular User

you wanna know why the saleen hasnt changed its appearence, or why it looks like that? Its the best design for that car. For what the saleen has to do. I believe that the saleen has enough downforce to do a loop or something like that. Also i think the enzo and the zonda are very ugly, and i like the design of the saleen better. Still not as nice as the McLaren but very nice.
Like I said it is a matter of tastes...Does the saleen really have more than a tonne of downforce at a certain speed? If so, hail the king of american supercars
Old 01-10-2005, 02:53 AM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
yeh that would be ok too, they've been quite impressive in british GT championship
i had no idea that they were over there
theyve done fairly well over here too... its kinda funny the story, but the S7 was never meant to be a race car (like the macca F1) but several costomers, and teams said they were interested before the car was availble for public purchass, and race cars require less safety development then the government does... so there were several race cars right away

the car has done well over the last few years, but not as spectacular as the C5R from Chevrolet... of course, GM has a much larger budget to deal with...
Old 01-10-2005, 05:05 AM   #38
findleybeast
Regular User

just read from that fast-autos.net article that the S7TT has had a "40 percent reduction in aero drag and a 60 percent increase in down force"

:shock:

HOW!? That's nuts! That must have been some serious tweaking

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #39
ikon2003
Regular User

^Yup, those are some crazy figures. dunno how it did that w/ just minor tweaking.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #40
ikon2003
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
Like I said it is a matter of tastes...Does the saleen really have more than a tonne of downforce at a certain speed? If so, hail the king of american supercars
Yeah, the physics analysis of the S7 show that at 160mph through 180mph, the car hits an aerodynamic downforce "sweet spot" where it creates more downforce than the weight of the car. hence it can theoretically drive upside-down when it goes above 160mph.

that would be quite an experience....
Old 01-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #41
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
Yeah, the physics analysis of the S7 show that at 160mph through 180mph, the car hits an aerodynamic downforce "sweet spot" where it creates more downforce than the weight of the car. hence it can theoretically drive upside-down when it goes above 160mph.

that would be quite an experience....
so not only would it beat a ferrari, it could do it upsides down.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #42
findleybeast
Regular User

Was that the old S7 or the new S7 Twin Turbo? If that was the old one, imagine what the new one with the reworked aerodynamics would be capable of!

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #43
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by findleybeast
Was that the old S7 or the new S7 Twin Turbo? If that was the old one, imagine what the new one with the reworked aerodynamics would be capable of!
Positive, even the old one is capable of that.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #44
gottacatchup
Regular User

Reworked might mean they lessened the downforce to allow the car to reach high speeds. I doubt it but you never know.

EIther way TOO SEXY!! TOO SEXY!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 12:53 AM   #45
ikon2003
Regular User

Yup, that came from a review of the "old" (ie, current) S7. I believe the new one should b able to do that as well. I forget the stats, but it's supposed to have even more downforce with less drag on the new car cuz of the new front fascia. That might change the "sweet spot" some, but we'll see. can't wait till more info and more reviews come out.... anxiety is killing me, already.