Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-07-2005, 12:13 AM   #1
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Default Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo?

According to thecarconnection.com there is a saleen S7 twin turbo in the works with 750 hp and 700 ft-lbs. lets see JC and the stig test this bad boy on top gear

Originally Posted by The Car Connection
“Just a few years ago, 500 horsepower was considered extraordinary. Today it’s commonplace,” noted Fred Blount, vice president of sales for Saleen, Inc. While “commonplace” may be a bit extreme in itself, there are now at least 20 cars on the road that break the 500-hp barrier, according to a count by TheCarConnection, with more coming. So what is a respectable supercar, such as the Saleen S7, supposed to do? When it launched in 2002, it was the only street-legal car in the U.S. to exceed that barrier. Now the upgraded Saleen S7 Twin Turbo will remain tops in the domestic category by adding twin turbochargers giving it a big boost for 2005. The S7 Twin Turbo edition is rated at 750 hp and 700 lb-ft of torque. Other changes for the new year are meant to improve the car’s downforce and handling, as well as the ergonomics of the interior.

source: http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7923

edit: here is some info from edmunds.com that i found on it.

http://autoshow.edmunds.com/news/aut.....leftnav.18.*
Old 01-07-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
T-Bird
Regular User

you know being from the US I find it kind of odd that the only super car I've never seen on the road is the S7 I've seen quite a few but never on the road. The closest I got was one driving off the trailer at the dealer so atleast I got to hear it.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
tekwar
Regular User

thats really pushing the envolope now..haha...pretty soon we will have cars with more horse power than even f1 cars...we are already very near it.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:14 AM   #4
hemi_fan
Regular User

DAMN! I seriously want JC to test it out, I dont see how he wouldnt like it! It seems amazing!

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:28 AM   #5
racer_f50
Regular User

thats fucking awesome!
since it already does 0-60mph in 3.3-ish seconds, i bet we'll see a sub-3 second time now! :shock:

that is one serious supercar already, so adding those turbos will really separate the men from the useless celebrities/sports stars when they get behind the wheel.

kind of a shame the S7 never got any respect in its N/A form, hopefully more people will take notice and do big extensive road tests now
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:37 AM   #6
T-Bird
Regular User

see the reason this never got alot of attention was because celebrities didn't buy it because they ONLY buy a car for the badge like all those pricks who can afford the 65 series AMG's but only get the 500's or the dipshits who buy the C5 convertible autos or the Escalades and H2's. How many Celebs do you see driving M cars, or top end Porsche's w/out 90 lb rims. (saw it on a CGT) Atleast this car was featured along with the ME412 on MTV Cribs DUB edition so maybe some dipshit rappers will buy one so that us normal folk can afford to buy Saleens (maybe not the S7 but still)
Old 01-07-2005, 05:11 AM   #7
blah
Regular User

if i had to option i think id take the S7.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:34 AM   #8
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
you know being from the US I find it kind of odd that the only super car I've never seen on the road is the S7 I've seen quite a few but never on the road. The closest I got was one driving off the trailer at the dealer so atleast I got to hear it.
are you saying you've seen an F40, F50, Enzo, Zonda, SLR, CGT, Koenigsegg etc on the road?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:28 AM   #9
bmwmpower
Regular User

great, real power car, but in top gear wasnt saleen S7 , so i will be surprised if this will be
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:33 PM   #10
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
are you saying you've seen an F40, F50, Enzo, Zonda, SLR, CGT, Koenigsegg etc on the road?
forgot about the kenigsegg and zonda ops:
Old 01-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #11
sentra_dude

Hmm, wish I could find some more pictures of it...from that picture it doesn't look like they did anything to distinguish it from the normal S7. I took a little visit over to the Saleen site...and they didn't have anything about it either, or maybe I missed it.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #12
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

like all those pricks who can afford the 65 series AMG's but only get the 500's
lol i always wondered about that and i could never understand it. like britney, but i think it would piss me off more if she did buy the 65 AMG becuase she doesnt know how to park much less handle 738 ft-lbs of torque

so i think its best that they stick to their 500s rather than step up to the 65 AMG series and leave those cars to people who will appreciate it. 8)
Old 01-07-2005, 06:14 PM   #13
number77
Regular User

all ya had to do was ask

0-60 mph: 2.8 sec
0-100 mph: 6.0 sec
Quarter Mile: 10.7 sec @ 136 mph

number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:34 PM   #14
ikon2003
Regular User

Oh gooood lord, that's beautiful. beautiful news and beautiful pics. 700bhp TT Saleen, all cuz of automotive peer pressure. i'm loving it.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #15
findleybeast
Regular User

:shock: Good lord look at that engine bay!! This is taking the horsepower war to new extremes. It's a shame that the S7 hasn't received as much credit as it deserved, but I think this is going to be impossible for anyone to ignore

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote