Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #46
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
- So the car is still the same, just 100hp more, wow, basically they are charging ppl 14000$ more.
Don't think so, the only similarities the C6 Z06 shares with the C5 Z06 is its crappy interior.
And what on 'par', its still not at the same level as its Euro rivals. So who says I am giving it credit? I'm not, just saying that the new model is a more serious contender than the outgoing model.
Again you are wrong.

The C5 Z06 ran with and at times soundly beat it's performance rivals the F360, F360CS, Cobra R, Viper GTS-R, P911TT, GT2 and GT3.

Please post any proof that disprove this accurate statement.

BTW - what the fuck would you know? You have driven none of those cars, driven against none of them and witnessed no duels between them.

I have done a number of the above, so am basing my FACTUAL opinion on personal experience, witnessed accounts and statements by owners of all of the above.

The C5 Z06 was on an equal footing with the performance peers of it's day and many times has proven on any day a race could go to any of those cars.

You are wrong - and many are witnessing your stupid claims to the contrary.

So by definition the new car si MORE OF THE SAME. You need to become familiar with popular English sayings if you want to debate in English. The C5 Z06 is an equal to it's peers - so is the C6 Z06.

- And what's up with the "we", , what an idiot, like you and the rest of the barn yard made cars fanboys own the company. Don't think so, I'll like and dislike whatever I want moron.
"We" is the family of Corvette enthusiasts form all over the world - yes - that's right, there are fans of the car and it's history in Europe, Japan, Australia the Middle East etc etc - the family that has the LONGEST history of any single car model production and support. That's correct - The Corvette is the longest continuous produced sports car - PERIOD.

- And you are stupid for thinking/wishing that it is on par with its Euro rivals, prizewise yes, but you get what you pay for. And you pay for a car made of plastic and a 20th century engine and a crappy interior PERIOD
A couple things

1st: the car is CHEAPER than it's rivals. You may want to go review the competitors with 500hp.

2nd: the car has been made of fibreglass from day one for a reason - it is the way it is made. But had you ben an auto enthusiast you would have known this.

3rd: Every major production car in existence today has deformable plastic front and rear 15mph bumpers.

Again you proudly display your ignorance everytime you click the submit button.

- To tell you the truth, it is you who is out of "depth", for dreaming that the Z06 will ever be on par with its superior rivals, though it is the better car in the US, and there is where it ends.
Name the Euro cars that lap the Nurburgring under 7m42s. Please enlighten us.

Then quote the prices of those cars.

Next up - speak to all those people who tae their C5 Z06's to track days in the UK and Germany - then ask them where and how their cars fair on the track.

You might want to ask some people in the know about this one. The car is the track peer of many of your "sainted" Euro sports cars. In case you don't know their names I will tell you what they are : F360, F360CS, P911TT. GT3 etc etc.

Time and time again, the car has proven to be as good as the rest of it's peers. You are basing your opinion and statements on ??? What?

- 'The truth is played out every weekend on the streets...' (only during the weekend ha ) I would feel really sorry for you if you believe this crap you wrote yourself. Really, its really sad :cry:
I see personal attacks instead of providing counter points. The car is on a par with it's peers. What are you basing your biased opinion on?

- What is this fascination with crickets? That is probably what you heard a lot during your childhood, poor fellow.
I guess again you are needing to study up on the English language if you want to debate in English. The significance of the crickets is that in the dead of night all you hear is crickets chirping - so, had you had half the education you claim to have you would be aware that in literature it is not unusual for an author to use the cricket to signify a period of silent anticipation.

- And to end this, yes it is the "greatest bargain" sports car around, but like I said, you get what pay for.
Then why did you say it is not a bargain?

BTW - what do you drive again? I mean the way you act you would swear you are a millionaire and have five Porkers and a couple F-Cars and 3 Lambos parked outside - and that it is beneath you, as a car enthusiast to appreciate that you don't have to be a rich to have a 0-60 in 4sec, 12s 1/4 mile, 7m56s Nurburgring capable, 60-0 in 105ft, 1G+ slalom capable, 175mph car.

Sounds to me like you are a jealous hater - just because you have been raised to believe that to enjoy such performance you need to be of a certain social standing and position in the community and of significant wealth.

So I drive a 4 cylinder piss slow zero handling generic Ford Contour just like what you have - but then I can also drive my F360CS, P911TT equivalent Z06 anytime I want.

You enjoy your hating envious jealous outlook - I'll just enjoy my ride - and realise it is not the fastest car in the world, but it can sure hold it's own against the rest - in a straight line or on a road course.

That's the part you hate

I'll try to illustrate this statement with a simple for you to understand example.
Lets take chocolate cookies for example, you go to the shop and you got 5$, You look at the shelf and see the cookies you like, but damn, they are 8$, the second choice costs 4$ so you buy them.
The end result will be practically the same, you'll become fatter, it is how you experience the whole cookie eating that is worth the 4 extra dollars of the first choice wich is tastier.
Read the above paragraph you wannabe "rich" person. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -- it seems we got to the root of the issue.... you are impressed by the "rich and famous"

(So you'll start defending your 4$ brand, 'cause that is the only thing you will be able to buy or handle )
What do you drive again?

To get back on topic - we know for a fact based on price alone, the C6 Z06 is simply more of what the C5 Z06 has been since 2001.

Add to the price of the C6 Z06 the 7m42s Nurburgring time, suddenly you see that the car is definately the equal of it's peer - in fact, it may just soundly beat some of them.

And all this for $65,500

Seems liek even mor eof a bargain than the C5 Z06 was -- Now if only they could have done something abuot the looks of the car... I give it 100% for pricing, 100% for performance and only an 85% for looks.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:04 AM   #47
godspeed06
Regular User

i give it 100% for looks. just one question though - does an engine require more fuel and more air as the engine climbs the rpm range? or is it the same amount of gas and air no matter the rpm. basically im asking if fuel consumption is linear function of rpm or if its exponential. thank you, and have a nice day... 8)
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:19 AM   #48
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
- So the car is still the same, just 100hp more, wow, basically they are charging ppl 14000$ more.
Don't think so, the only similarities the C6 Z06 shares with the C5 Z06 is its crappy interior.
And what on 'par', its still not at the same level as its Euro rivals. So who says I am giving it credit? I'm not, just saying that the new model is a more serious contender than the outgoing model.
Again you are wrong.

The C5 Z06 ran with and at times soundly beat it's performance rivals the F360, F360CS, Cobra R, Viper GTS-R, P911TT, GT2 and GT3.

Please post any proof that disprove this accurate statement.

BTW - what the fuck would you know? You have driven none of those cars, driven against none of them and witnessed no duels between them.

I have done a number of the above, so am basing my FACTUAL opinion on personal experience, witnessed accounts and statements by owners of all of the above.

The C5 Z06 was on an equal footing with the performance peers of it's day and many times has proven on any day a race could go to any of those cars.

You are wrong - and many are witnessing your stupid claims to the contrary.

So by definition the new car si MORE OF THE SAME. You need to become familiar with popular English sayings if you want to debate in English. The C5 Z06 is an equal to it's peers - so is the C6 Z06.

- And what's up with the "we", , what an idiot, like you and the rest of the barn yard made cars fanboys own the company. Don't think so, I'll like and dislike whatever I want moron.
"We" is the family of Corvette enthusiasts form all over the world - yes - that's right, there are fans of the car and it's history in Europe, Japan, Australia the Middle East etc etc - the family that has the LONGEST history of any single car model production and support. That's correct - The Corvette is the longest continuous produced sports car - PERIOD.

- And you are stupid for thinking/wishing that it is on par with its Euro rivals, prizewise yes, but you get what you pay for. And you pay for a car made of plastic and a 20th century engine and a crappy interior PERIOD
A couple things

1st: the car is CHEAPER than it's rivals. You may want to go review the competitors with 500hp.

2nd: the car has been made of fibreglass from day one for a reason - it is the way it is made. But had you ben an auto enthusiast you would have known this.

3rd: Every major production car in existence today has deformable plastic front and rear 15mph bumpers.

Again you proudly display your ignorance everytime you click the submit button.

- To tell you the truth, it is you who is out of "depth", for dreaming that the Z06 will ever be on par with its superior rivals, though it is the better car in the US, and there is where it ends.
Name the Euro cars that lap the Nurburgring under 7m42s. Please enlighten us.

Then quote the prices of those cars.

Next up - speak to all those people who tae their C5 Z06's to track days in the UK and Germany - then ask them where and how their cars fair on the track.

You might want to ask some people in the know about this one. The car is the track peer of many of your "sainted" Euro sports cars. In case you don't know their names I will tell you what they are : F360, F360CS, P911TT. GT3 etc etc.

Time and time again, the car has proven to be as good as the rest of it's peers. You are basing your opinion and statements on ??? What?

- 'The truth is played out every weekend on the streets...' (only during the weekend ha ) I would feel really sorry for you if you believe this crap you wrote yourself. Really, its really sad :cry:
I see personal attacks instead of providing counter points. The car is on a par with it's peers. What are you basing your biased opinion on?

- What is this fascination with crickets? That is probably what you heard a lot during your childhood, poor fellow.
I guess again you are needing to study up on the English language if you want to debate in English. The significance of the crickets is that in the dead of night all you hear is crickets chirping - so, had you had half the education you claim to have you would be aware that in literature it is not unusual for an author to use the cricket to signify a period of silent anticipation.

- And to end this, yes it is the "greatest bargain" sports car around, but like I said, you get what pay for.
Then why did you say it is not a bargain?

BTW - what do you drive again? I mean the way you act you would swear you are a millionaire and have five Porkers and a couple F-Cars and 3 Lambos parked outside - and that it is beneath you, as a car enthusiast to appreciate that you don't have to be a rich to have a 0-60 in 4sec, 12s 1/4 mile, 7m56s Nurburgring capable, 60-0 in 105ft, 1G+ slalom capable, 175mph car.

Sounds to me like you are a jealous hater - just because you have been raised to believe that to enjoy such performance you need to be of a certain social standing and position in the community and of significant wealth.

So I drive a 4 cylinder piss slow zero handling generic Ford Contour just like what you have - but then I can also drive my F360CS, P911TT equivalent Z06 anytime I want.

You enjoy your hating envious jealous outlook - I'll just enjoy my ride - and realise it is not the fastest car in the world, but it can sure hold it's own against the rest - in a straight line or on a road course.

That's the part you hate

I'll try to illustrate this statement with a simple for you to understand example.
Lets take chocolate cookies for example, you go to the shop and you got 5$, You look at the shelf and see the cookies you like, but damn, they are 8$, the second choice costs 4$ so you buy them.
The end result will be practically the same, you'll become fatter, it is how you experience the whole cookie eating that is worth the 4 extra dollars of the first choice wich is tastier.
Read the above paragraph you wannabe "rich" person. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -- it seems we got to the root of the issue.... you are impressed by the "rich and famous"

(So you'll start defending your 4$ brand, 'cause that is the only thing you will be able to buy or handle )
What do you drive again?

To get back on topic - we know for a fact based on price alone, the C6 Z06 is simply more of what the C5 Z06 has been since 2001.

Add to the price of the C6 Z06 the 7m42s Nurburgring time, suddenly you see that the car is definately the equal of it's peer - in fact, it may just soundly beat some of them.

And all this for $65,500

Seems liek even mor eof a bargain than the C5 Z06 was -- Now if only they could have done something abuot the looks of the car... I give it 100% for pricing, 100% for performance and only an 85% for looks.

Damn, you're just hopeless, the same attitude when defending your god Bushy boy :roll:

And WTF I care what you witnessed, PROOF is what is important here, not what you saw or heard, please take a camera with you next time when a stock vette runs against a stock Euro rival, and it better not be dragracing all the time.
I can sense a bitterness in your post that clearly shows you're a jealous cheap ass prick.
And about the 'cricket' part, I was reffering to the silence during your childhood anytime you asked your parents something

Anyway, I stand by my opinions and I shall ignore the rest of the crap you wrote

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #49
RC45
Regular User

Damn, you're just hopeless, the same attitude when defending your god Bushy boy :roll:
I guess the 1000 or so Z06's running around Europe that were imported at great expense are also owned "by bushy fans" - you are such a clueless fanboy.

Yes - you are the fanboy - by definitoin - you aimlessly defend stuff you only aspire to take pictures of, let alone drive/ride or own.

And WTF I care what you witnessed, PROOF is what is important here, not what you saw or heard, please take a camera with you next time when a stock vette runs against a stock Euro rival, and it better not be dragracing all the time.
How could I possibly witness every trackday event in the USA or Europe?

What you should do is go and start talking to and asking around about what the GT3. 911 and F360, F360CS etc boys have witnessed when C5 Z06's share the track with them. You may be surprised to find that they will give th car the credit it is due and confirm that it is easily an equal to them on the track - and that as always driver plays a huge roll in the outcome, but that "just because it is not a Eurocar" does not mean it is far more capable than you believe it to be.

Grow up kid,.

You are wrong.

I can sense a bitterness in your post that clearly shows you're a jealous cheap ass prick.
Bitter? Jealous? Why would I be? I have no need to be - unlike you that is "impressed and awed by fancy watches, cars , houses and boats" and thinks "that is the only way to enjoy life - so I should just dream of having it - because getting what you can afford is "low class"" - as I say, unlike you, I am getting on with my life, having a blast and daily drive what I can afford - and with confidence I know it is a lhell of a lot more car than you will ever aspire to "own" while dream of "rich peoples" toys

That's what differentiates men from kids - youngun.. you are still impressed by wealth - good luck to you

And about the 'cricket' part, I was reffering to the silence during your childhood anytime you asked your parents something
I seldom needed to ask them - I was reading at age 3 or so, and would research anything that piqued my interest - I had a library card when I was 5

Anyway, I stand by my opinions and I shall ignore the rest of the crap you wrote
You are wrong.

You have been proven wrong.

You are a wannabe snob and still haven't told us waht super-performing car you daily drive.

I mean the way you are defending these cars you would swear I was claiming my car beat your EDO GT2 around the Nurburgring or something.

When all I am saying is that I bought a used car for $38,000.00 that is capable of running and gunning with it's performance car peers of the day - as proven by the 7m56s 'Ring time.

And in the same vein, the C6 Z06 is more than capable of competing with it's performance car peers - proven after posting a 7m42s 'Ring time.

You seem to take offense to this accurate statement - and take even more offense to the fact that some of us are not "impressed" by displays of wealth and oppulance, and are content to get on with our lives.

It would seem that you have an aweful lot of growing up to do.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:12 AM   #50
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

I guess the 1000 or so Z06's running around Europe that were imported at great expense are also owned "by bushy fans" - you are such a clueless fanboy.

Yes - you are the fanboy - by definitoin - you aimlessly defend stuff you only aspire to take pictures of, let alone drive/ride or own.

How could I possibly witness every trackday event in the USA or Europe?

What you should do is go and start talking to and asking around about what the GT3. 911 and F360, F360CS etc boys have witnessed when C5 Z06's share the track with them. You may be surprised to find that they will give th car the credit it is due and confirm that it is easily an equal to them on the track - and that as always driver plays a huge roll in the outcome, but that "just because it is not a Eurocar" does not mean it is far more capable than you believe it to be.

Grow up kid,.

You are wrong.

Bitter? Jealous? Why would I be? I have no need to be - unlike you that is "impressed and awed by fancy watches, cars , houses and boats" and thinks "that is the only way to enjoy life - so I should just dream of having it - because getting what you can afford is "low class"" - as I say, unlike you, I am getting on with my life, having a blast and daily drive what I can afford - and with confidence I know it is a lhell of a lot more car than you will ever aspire to "own" while dream of "rich peoples" toys

That's what differentiates men from kids - youngun.. you are still impressed by wealth - good luck to you

I seldom needed to ask them - I was reading at age 3 or so, and would research anything that piqued my interest - I had a library card when I was 5

You are wrong.

You have been proven wrong.

You are a wannabe snob and still haven't told us waht super-performing car you daily drive.

I mean the way you are defending these cars you would swear I was claiming my car beat your EDO GT2 around the Nurburgring or something.

When all I am saying is that I bought a used car for $38,000.00 that is capable of running and gunning with it's performance car peers of the day - as proven by the 7m56s 'Ring time.

And in the same vein, the C6 Z06 is more than capable of competing with it's performance car peers - proven after posting a 7m42s 'Ring time.

You seem to take offense to this accurate statement - and take even more offense to the fact that some of us are not "impressed" by displays of wealth and oppulance, and are content to get on with our lives.

It would seem that you have an aweful lot of growing up to do.
I guess the saying 'wiser with age' doesn't apply to you, are you suffering from Parkinson or something

Only a 1000 imported, hmm, that says it all :roll:

btw, love the comment "reading by the age of three" LMAO
I was reading at the age of 2 and 11 months, try to beat that chump

And I like the 'impressed with rich and famous' BS, nice try, but keep on trying old man

I am a fan of all sportscars, but I like some brands more than others, it is as simple as that. And I like the Vette, but I stand by mine opinion when saying that the vette is not at the same OVERALL level as its Euro rivals.
That's why we ever vette we see isn't stock anymore, 'cause they get their ass kicked on the track by superior cars.

I wish you the best of luck and fun with your poor mans sports car.

Anyway, you're not worth my time, don't like extremists.

Blaire is a figleaf

damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
Old 08-15-2005, 11:50 AM   #51
RC45
Regular User

I guess the saying 'wiser with age' doesn't apply to you, are you suffering from Parkinson or something

Your ignorance is astounding - are you aware of the small number of F-Cars, L-Cars and P-Cars produced? The 1000 Z06's imported is not that few in comparison to the totals of the others.

There is a reason those people imported them to Europe - you have side-stepped that fact. They could have chosen any one iof the Euro-rivals - but didn't.

You seem to simply be ignoring that bit of trivia... why not start broadening your horizins and actully speak to people that drive performance cars - not like you, just wank off over them in magazines.

You would learn a little bit about the realities of cars and the performance they offer and the enthusiasts who drive them.

You are just a punk fan-boy. Everyone of your posts proves it

The actual wording was "reading at about age 3" - as the entire period from 2 yrs 6 month the 3 yrs 6 mnth is covered

And I like the 'impressed with rich and famous' BS, nice try, but keep on trying old man
Well - you seem to want to emulate them with your watches, and mercedes benz fetish and your fan-boy rantings over cars you have yet to see drive let alone drive in :roll:

I am a fan of all sportscars, but I like some brands more than others, it is as simple as that. And I like the Vette, but I stand by mine opinion when saying that the vette is not at the same OVERALL level as its Euro rivals.
And again your opinion has been disproven with back to back LeMans wins, on-track DE event results, amatuer track days, stock racing classes and the 7m56s Nurguring times.

Overall the car is exactly what the performance peers are. Except price - and you are so hung up on this fact is chaps your nuts.

Again you are wrong, and would do well maturing by a few years and, well, just growing up.

That's why we ever vette we see isn't stock anymore, 'cause they get their ass kicked on the track by superior cars.
Really? 7m56s is what the stock car posted? What did you precious F360, F360CS, P911TT etc post? Seems they are all on a par.

And if you actually did anything besides toss off to magazines you would know that very few F-Cars. P-Car or L-Cars stay stock for long - they get exhausts, tuning tyres etc etc. So again you are wrong.

Again with the fascinaiton with the wealthy. Do you think you are insulting me by calling me poor and having a poor mans sports car? Well - what do you drive again? And what is the performance specs of that car?

It seems you are so in love with wealth-worship that you would rather have no sports car because it's not "from a certian price bracket". And not good enough to pose in.

You seem to be the very definition of wannabe poser.

It seems you might qualify for loser of the week.

And this is worse than you being a wannabe poser how?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:39 PM   #52
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Your ignorance is astounding - are you aware of the small number of F-Cars, L-Cars and P-Cars produced? The 1000 Z06's imported is not that few in comparison to the totals of the others.

There is a reason those people imported them to Europe - you have side-stepped that fact. They could have chosen any one iof the Euro-rivals - but didn't.

You seem to simply be ignoring that bit of trivia... why not start broadening your horizins and actully speak to people that drive performance cars - not like you, just wank off over them in magazines.

You would learn a little bit about the realities of cars and the performance they offer and the enthusiasts who drive them.

You are just a punk fan-boy. Everyone of your posts proves it

The actual wording was "reading at about age 3" - as the entire period from 2 yrs 6 month the 3 yrs 6 mnth is covered

Well - you seem to want to emulate them with your watches, and mercedes benz fetish and your fan-boy rantings over cars you have yet to see drive let alone drive in :roll:

And again your opinion has been disproven with back to back LeMans wins, on-track DE event results, amatuer track days, stock racing classes and the 7m56s Nurguring times.

Overall the car is exactly what the performance peers are. Except price - and you are so hung up on this fact is chaps your nuts.

Again you are wrong, and would do well maturing by a few years and, well, just growing up.

Really? 7m56s is what the stock car posted? What did you precious F360, F360CS, P911TT etc post? Seems they are all on a par.

And if you actually did anything besides toss off to magazines you would know that very few F-Cars. P-Car or L-Cars stay stock for long - they get exhausts, tuning tyres etc etc. So again you are wrong.

Again with the fascinaiton with the wealthy. Do you think you are insulting me by calling me poor and having a poor mans sports car? Well - what do you drive again? And what is the performance specs of that car?

It seems you are so in love with wealth-worship that you would rather have no sports car because it's not "from a certian price bracket". And not good enough to pose in.

You seem to be the very definition of wannabe poser.

It seems you might qualify for loser of the week.

And this is worse than you being a wannabe poser how?

I'm not going to read your dumbass comments, so whatever makes you happy chump, is ok with me.

Blaire is a figleaf

Old 08-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #53
RC45
Regular User

I'm not going to read your dumbass comments, so whatever makes you happy chump, is ok with me.
As I say - you have a lot of growing up to do.

This you have proved with every post you make.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:51 PM   #54
nthfinity
Regular User

hmm... what does this have to do with C6 Z06's being 'delivered' anymore??? :roll:

a neighbor brought one home this past weekend... unfortunately, i dont know him yet... hopefully going to fix that soon
Old 08-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #55
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
hmm... what does this have to do with C6 Z06's being 'delivered' anymore??? :roll:

a neighbor brought one home this past weekend... unfortunately, i dont know him yet... hopefully going to fix that soon
The first customer cars have been released to manufacture - people are starting to receive their notificaitons.

I can only imagine how the haters will come out of the woodwork once these cars start showing up in customer hands on the street
Old 08-16-2005, 01:50 AM   #56
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

The first customer cars have been released to manufacture - people are starting to receive their notificaitons.

I can only imagine how the haters will come out of the woodwork once these cars start showing up in customer hands on the street
Well, u gotta hate when you got smoked right??....
Old 08-17-2005, 03:04 AM   #57
Z28
Regular User

as for the crappy interior you can go to interior tuning companies and have a leather and decent quality dashboard.
The Z06 is on par with its rivals except when it comes to price and interior. However, one should not buy a Z06 because of its interior. Hence, only posers will bitch about the Z06 interior-we are performance enthusiasts-not hairdressers. Am I mistaken, or isn’t there a high-end race version of a Ferrari or Porsche which lacks an interior?
Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:19 AM   #58
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Z28
as for the crappy interior you can go to interior tuning companies and have a leather and decent quality dashboard.
The Z06 is on par with its rivals except when it comes to price and interior. However, one should not buy a Z06 because of its interior. Hence, only posers will bitch about the Z06 interior-we are performance enthusiasts-not hairdressers. Am I mistaken, or isn’t there a high-end race version of a Ferrari or Porsche which lacks an interior?
*DING* *DING* *DING*

We have a winner....

And these "race versions" are either not street legal in al countries - or they arefar to hard-edged to use everyday.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:06 AM   #59
inso
Regular User

i see C6 as a lot better starting point to create car that actually can run with the big dogs. Friend of mine has 05 C6 and it has won a few hearts among real car enthusiasts, that usually love and also drive german cars, m bmws, porsches and stuff. And if the z06 gets type approval over here, i have no doubt that it would be alternative to E90 M3 or 997. The ring times Magnussen has achieved show, that it is not just bang for buck, but at least a decent handler too. Still waiting for some SportAuto testing before i can say anything certain about the car. Supertest is what counts on my opinion, and i am not alone with that opinion among european carfreaks.

Now bowtie, drop some more weight and give us even more grunt and lets chase that cgt..
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #60
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by inso
i see C6 as a lot better starting point to create car that actually can run with the big dogs. Friend of mine has 05 C6 and it has won a few hearts among real car enthusiasts, that usually love and also drive german cars, m bmws, porsches and stuff. And if the z06 gets type approval over here, i have no doubt that it would be alternative to E90 M3 or 997. The ring times Magnussen has achieved show, that it is not just bang for buck, but at least a decent handler too. Still waiting for some SportAuto testing before i can say anything certain about the car. Supertest is what counts on my opinion, and i am not alone with that opinion among european carfreaks.

Now bowtie, drop some more weight and give us even more grunt and lets chase that cgt..
Typical wannabe euro-fanboy answer.

The C6 is derived from the C5 which already surpassed the crappy slow E90 M3 and 997 Carrera.. :roll:

The car is already lighter and stiffer than everyone in in it's similar performance class.

Exactly what more do you "want" to be able to convince you that the previous platform had already met and beaten the eurocrap and has been doing so soundly since July of 2000 when the first 2001 C5 Z06 rolled of the line?

The current car runs a 7m42s Nurburgring time and you say "it's almost an M3 competitior?"

Hello McFly - the C5 Z already put down, track times and numbers to equal the 360CS and 996TT and in right up there with the GT3 - are you claiming the M3 is in this terrirtory as well?

Let's list the vehicles from the 2000 - 2004 time frame that could achieve a 7m56s Nurburg lap time AND click off 12s 1/4 mile, 0-60 in 4s, 60-0 in 105ft and 175mph top end?

Please emlighten the unwashed masses?

No sir - the Corvette did not suddenly just "come of age" - you have just been asleep at the wheel for 5 years.. :roll: :roll: :x

BTW - your "friend" is poser wannabe if he thinks the C6 Coupe is "the real sports car" version - it's actually the poofat girly car... heavier, slower and less capable than the outtgoing C5 Z... - you know, like those latte mocha crap things you sip at the coffee shop while admiring the shine on your poser mobiles