Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #61
RC45
Regular User

Wow - not a single "counter-point" from the Tifosi after some facts we provided

It turns out the 360, 360C and 360CS are very special purpose built, race developed and specific unique models - adding a bit of weight to my argument that they are the result of extensive R&D - and not "trhown together" from the parts bin ..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #62
Just_me
Regular User

Best source for comparing laptimes with others are Sportauto. They always use the same driver. The carmag always present details of of the cars. How they behave on the track, roadconditions, wheather conditions, tires etc etc.

Its a well-known mag and the times Sportauto get are the best resource when comparing with others. I dont pay attention to what the carmaker says. Just talk and no proofe.

Where are the scans and St-anger great write-up?
Old 07-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #63
gucom
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
C6 does it in 8:15
Where the hell are you getting this number?

Every source Ive seen on the c6 is 7m 56s.. Maybe that source was confused but considering the c5 zo6 did run a 7m 56 I think theres a better chance pigs fly then the c6 only ran a 815.
erm...1st post in this topic, st-anger said:
lap times:

NS: 8.15min
now if i combine that with the titel of this topic (SA Supertest Corvette C6 test results) its not that unlogical to think that the C6 has done a 8:15 lap
on the 'Ring in the SA supertest, is it?

At 6600rpm for the LS6 and 7000rpm for the LS7 that seem to do quite ok in the rev department thanks.
7000rpm isn't insanely high, its about the same as a 996 turbo i believe...but its nothing compared to the (out of the top of my head) 8500rpm that the 360 reaches
Old 07-16-2005, 03:51 PM   #64
graywolf624
Regular User

now if i combine that with the titel of this topic (SA Supertest Corvette C6 test results) its not that unlogical to think that the C6 has done a 8:15 lap
on the 'Ring in the SA supertest, is it?
Have you considered Im questioning the accuracy since I have a source that says 8:09 and another that says 7:56..

Not to mention Im sure SA has a different tester then the zo6 had making the entire arguement null.

Given those 2 things.. One of which is guarenteed true, you cant say theres a 35 second gap between c6 and c6 zo6. You can only do so if the cars are driven with the same driver under the same situation or perhaps if they are the best times either car has run at(neither is the proven case here).
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:19 PM   #65
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

It turns out the 360, 360C and 360CS are very special purpose built, race developed and specific unique models - adding a bit of weight to my argument that they are the result of extensive R&D - and not "trhown together" from the parts bin ..
Oh what are these "facts"? There is nothing in that post that I didnt know already. Your argument is good for nothing. "extensive R&D" my ass. Throwing out body panels doesnt require four years of extensive R&D. ANyway who gives a shit? Even though you are wrong who cares if they are very special purpose built cars? Oh yeah, if Chevy did that then they would make a car so fucking good it would blow the Enzo away....yeah tell GM to do that.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:46 PM   #66
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Oh what are these "facts"? There is nothing in that post that I didnt know already. Your argument is good for nothing. "extensive R&D" my ass. Throwing out body panels doesnt require four years of extensive R&D. ANyway who gives a shit? Even though you are wrong who cares if they are very special purpose built cars? Oh yeah, if Chevy did that then they would make a car so fucking good it would blow the Enzo away....yeah tell GM to do that.
You claimed the 360 Challenge is a "stripped street car"

Not what the book says

For the 2000 Challenge Trophy series, Ferrari turned their stock 360 Modena F1 into a stripped-out racer. Scratch built and specially prepared by the factory, previous Challenge variants had often left Maranello as road cars and subsequently been enhanced with Ferrari's official retro-fit packs. However, Ferrari wanted to produce a substantially quicker machine than the outgoing 355 and decided the 360 Challenge should be built from the ground up as a track car. In the quest for lightness, they removed all the upholstery, the air-conditioning system, all glass bar the windscreen (replaced with Lexan), the sound insulation, airbags and passenger seat.
You claim the 360CS is no more special than a carbon door panel and some other parts removed..

Not what the book says..

With the 360 Modena nearly four years old and Ferrari wanting to homologate some improvements for their GTC racer, this car was introduced, the Challenge Stradale. Weighing in at just 20kg more than the Challenge, it features a host of aero and mechanical refinements that combine to make it 3.5 seconds faster around Fiorano than a stock Modena. New titanium wheel bolts and damper springs increase resistance to roll and dip and have made directional changes more rapid. The damper settings themselves have been re-rated to provide a 15mm lower centre of gravity while a particularly advanced multi-axial carbon floorpan is 50% lighter than before and also increases rigidity. Perhaps the most significant arrival though are carbon brakes as standard.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #67
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

You claimed the 360 Challenge is a "stripped street car"

Not what the book says

For the 2000 Challenge Trophy series, Ferrari turned their stock 360 Modena F1 into a stripped-out racer. Scratch built and specially prepared by the factory, previous Challenge variants had often left Maranello as road cars and subsequently been enhanced with Ferrari's official retro-fit packs. However, Ferrari wanted to produce a substantially quicker machine than the outgoing 355 and decided the 360 Challenge should be built from the ground up as a track car. In the quest for lightness, they removed all the upholstery, the air-conditioning system, all glass bar the windscreen (replaced with Lexan), the sound insulation, airbags and passenger seat.
You claim the 360CS is no more special than a carbon door panel and some other parts removed..

Not what the book says..

With the 360 Modena nearly four years old and Ferrari wanting to homologate some improvements for their GTC racer, this car was introduced, the Challenge Stradale. Weighing in at just 20kg more than the Challenge, it features a host of aero and mechanical refinements that combine to make it 3.5 seconds faster around Fiorano than a stock Modena. New titanium wheel bolts and damper springs increase resistance to roll and dip and have made directional changes more rapid. The damper settings themselves have been re-rated to provide a 15mm lower centre of gravity while a particularly advanced multi-axial carbon floorpan is 50% lighter than before and also increases rigidity. Perhaps the most significant arrival though are carbon brakes as standard.
lol

You cant read at all can you? Tell me how they are not saying its not stripped out street car? :roll:

Only point you have is about the 360CS which I agree is a re worked car. The 360MC isnt.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote