Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 03-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #46
FoxFour
Regular User

Me and my friend call it "The Corvette Crawl". Around where I live, there have always been Corvette drivers that like to drive in the fast lane 5 to 10 miles an hour under the limit. And I also happen to love Corvettes myself and know of a few owners that appreciate the cars for what they are. And then I now quite a few 'Posers', airbrushed hood, ricer extreme 'bling';etc.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #47
mustang07
Regular User

I'm new so go easy on me, but around here (Northeast Ohio) Corvette drivers just have fun. It doesn't matter whether they are going 5mph above or 5mph below the speed limit. I own a corvette, its not new (1975) but every once in awhile i'll open it up just a little to give it some exercise. All I have to say is a corvette is meant to be respected not street raced. This car should be able to do that going the speed limit, even if its not a precious Z06.
mustang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 01:03 AM   #48
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mustang07
I'm new so go easy on me, but around here (Northeast Ohio) Corvette drivers just have fun. It doesn't matter whether they are going 5mph above or 5mph below the speed limit. I own a corvette, its not new (1975) but every once in awhile i'll open it up just a little to give it some exercise. All I have to say is a corvette is meant to be respected not street raced. This car should be able to do that going the speed limit, even if its not a precious Z06.
Opps... ops: ops: :roll: I must have missed that chapter in the owners manual ... cuz my Z06 is on 42,000 miles and I been beating the snot out of it since day 1...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:19 AM   #49
Tomerville
Regular User

Pushrods. If you gotta go back tot he pre-historic ages, I say a Viper...I know all of you are gunna start jumping on me now so yeah...no hate! just an opinion...some of you gotta start R-E-S-P-E-C-T ing that.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:38 AM   #50
graywolf624
Regular User

Pushrods. If you gotta go back to the pre-historic ages
Last time I checked cams weren't a new technology (or really even that much newer). They were first incorporated in cars in 1898. If I'm not mistaken pushrods are newer tech then cams..

Not to mention pushrods do have some advantages over cams..(lower weight and cheaper to make for 2 examples) Just as they have some disadvantages. (cams rev higher, have less parts to break, ect)
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:08 PM   #51
mustang07
Regular User

[/quote]Opps... ops: ops: :roll: I must have missed that chapter in the owners manual ... cuz my Z06 is on 42,000 miles and I been beating the snot out of it since day 1... [/quote]

On a new car its alright to drive like a bat outta hell, but 3rd generations have been known to.... well lets just say catch on fire. There's been days that i take it to the country roads and let the engine do what its supposed to do. P.S. My 75 has 34,000 miles on it.
mustang07 is offline   Reply With Quote