Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 03-07-2004, 06:56 PM   #31
gtx28
Regular User

Lol someone said that winxp and win2k are for real users lol thats hilarious, you want a real os, use linux, or get a unix box, and use unix. They are without a doubt the most powerfull os's on the planet. And although ive not tried it yet, ive heard that lindows version of linux is supposed to be easyer to use than windows for all you meatheads that need and easy opperating system lol jk. Laters.
gtx28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:17 PM   #32
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy
i find looking at the processes is generally more useful then the program list.
The program list is useful when you want to break off an application. I hardly know all the processes on the other list.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:49 PM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gtx28
Lol someone said that winxp and win2k are for real users lol thats hilarious, you want a real os, use linux, or get a unix box, and use unix. They are without a doubt the most powerfull os's on the planet. And although ive not tried it yet, ive heard that lindows version of linux is supposed to be easyer to use than windows for all you meatheads that need and easy opperating system lol jk. Laters.
True dat - except nobody ever got rich deploying and servicing Unix installations...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:38 PM   #34
No.1
Regular User

Just double click on the border surrounding the window... that ought to do it
Old 03-30-2004, 08:17 PM   #35
geekdiggy
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
[img]Just double click on the border surrounding the window... that ought to do it
word homie you too are about nine posts too late

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:56 PM   #36
gtx28
Regular User

True dat - except nobody ever got rich deploying and servicing Unix installation
Rc I wont argue symantics, and mabey no individual got rich off it, but a majority of the servers in this world run off of unix or some form of it, like most ibm systems at one time were all aix. Either way there are alot of companies that got rich from the use of unix os's. Define rich, cause i really dont like the term, i prefer wealthy. lol anyhow it seems your career is goin well if your happy then thats what matters. Good Day.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

True dat - except nobody ever got rich deploying and servicing Unix installation
Rc I wont argue symantics, and mabey no individual got rich off it, but a majority of the servers in this world run off of unix or some form of it, like most ibm systems at one time were all aix. Either way there are alot of companies that got rich from the use of unix os's. Define rich, cause i really dont like the term, i prefer wealthy. lol anyhow it seems your career is goin well if your happy then thats what matters. Good Day.
Please argue semantics.

There are numerically more Windows based servers installed in the world by a factors of 1,000's to 1.

...and good day to you too
Old 04-27-2004, 10:39 PM   #38
gtx28
Regular User

There are numerically more Windows based servers installed in the world by a factors of 1,000's to 1.
Guess again your numbers are reversed. There might be more in the pc world but not in the world of networks.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:11 PM   #39
geekdiggy
Regular User

take it to another thread gentlemen and leave this one for the illiterates who need help

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:09 AM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Guess again your numbers are reversed. There might be more in the pc world but not in the world of networks.
Show me. I say you are wrong.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:33 AM   #41
gigdy
Regular User

Im just wondering which one of you works on servers and networks for a living? ^^
Old 04-28-2004, 11:17 PM   #42
gtx28
Regular User

I used to be a ccna, ccnp, and ccda. But have let all my certs lapse as i do not work in that industry any longer. I am currently a business owner, and my primary company deals in realestate investing. 90 to 99 percent of all the United States govt machines have all been unix based systems. So start your count there. Also take into consideration, that most of Ibm for many years up until about 2 years ago were all running aix, which we all know is a form of unix(Ibm is still using Aix on a majority of there machines even to this day. Additionally most if not all of the DNS servers in the world were all running Unix, or some from of it. Another good example, EMC they have been providing memory solutions for mainframes, and server equip for years. and what is 99% of there volume? Unix machines. hmm wonder why that is. Is the pc market dominated by Windows products, no doubt about it. And is the server world dominated by a much more stable platform called unix, why yes it is.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:56 AM   #43
v0od0o
Regular User

hehehe I can't believe this, just double click the white frame of the window and all would come back to normal! It's just a special mode of view that's built in the task manager and is activated/deactivated by double clickin anywhere on the main window (not inside the lists)