Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 07:12 AM   #121
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

too much pages to read... ive read the start and some ideas, i dont have a work and dont have much money but if my Bultaco has to wait a little more to help the site it will wait!! It has been waiting 30 years!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #122
philios55
Regular User

Its really sad to hear that this website came to this point,
but it was inevitable
Many of the ideas the members already said are really
good and i hope we find solution for this problem fast:

:idea: What about a small Jabbasworld Shop inside the forum where we
have all kind of stuff for sale t-shirs,hats etc. I'm sure the majority of the
20000+ members would love to buy some of those gear and it would generate a lot of money for the Jabbasworld upgrade for years to come
Old 10-12-2005, 10:31 AM   #123
Anonymous

Originally Posted by philios55
Its really sad to hear that this website came to this point,
but it was inevitable
Many of the ideas the members already said are really
good and i hope we find solution for this problem fast:

:idea: What about a small Jabbasworld Shop inside the forum where we
have all kind of stuff for sale t-shirs,hats etc. I'm sure the majority of the
20000+ members would love to buy some of those gear and i would generate a lot of money for the Jabbasworld upgrade for years to come
Only real problem with a shop is its more work and postage could be a nightmare!! we are so far flung it is more difficult to distribute. Oh and will people stop saying its sad how is making JW even better in years to come sad?? maybe because we have to crowbar open our wallets or take the cushions off the sofa

Personally i can't wait to see all the new features in JW mk2, i mean just look how popular one of the latest new additions is, where else do you get different video each week of that standard available to every member?? ( that doesn't run out of B/W or go slow as shit) seems popular to, consistantly over 300 dl's its only going to go up iMO, now if we could just get people to comment it would be perfect

Old 10-12-2005, 10:38 AM   #124
nthfinity
Regular User

Personally i can't wait to see all the new features in JW mk2, i mean just look how popular one of the latest new additions is, where else do you get a video of that standard available to every member?? seems popular to, consistantly over 300 dl's its only going to go up iMO, now if we could just get people to comment it would be perfect
i look forward to it myself
al, does that mean that all the vids on the portal are available to every registered member? or just the videos of the week?
Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #125
stradale
Regular User

Sorry to hear about all the troubles you guys are having to keep this site up. It can't be stressed enough you're doing a fantastic job! Don't regret you need to do change some things to let JW remain the great community it is and to let it evolv further. Maybe you even should have done this sooner.

Anyway, I'm all for donations. However, keep them voluntary! Difference in member status should be on the basis of involvement with JW only. Perks granted after donation should IMO be nothing more than that: perks. Not susbstantial difference in features. Then of course there are the legal matters. A subscription to enable downloading is a hazardous situation IMO and could lead to more and bigger problems than there are now.

In order to keep people motivated to donate once in a while we need to have some sort of system. Somone already mentioned PMs. I think it would be a good way to send people who have donated in the past a PM after a while kindly reminding them donations are needed to run JW. You could also add this message to the start of videos downloaded from JW to try and get more people to donate.

I know that voluntary donations do not provide consistent and reliable income, but IMO it's still favourable to some sort of subscription.

Good luck on deciding what to do. I hope JW and the unique spirit of it will carry on for a very long time!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #126
adamwich
Regular User

I have just made a Paypal account and I am ready to donate!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:56 AM   #127
Anonymous

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Personally i can't wait to see all the new features in JW mk2, i mean just look how popular one of the latest new additions is, where else do you get a video of that standard available to every member?? seems popular to, consistantly over 300 dl's its only going to go up iMO, now if we could just get people to comment it would be perfect
i look forward to it myself
al, does that mean that all the vids on the portal are available to every registered member? or just the videos of the week?
just video of the week, the 10mbit server would explode if all of them were i reckon! even the shiny new one might get maxxed i suppose, there's enough leeches about!!

Old 10-12-2005, 11:07 AM   #128
Stikz
Regular User

Hey guys, Jabba and the admin team have done a fantastic job for so long. Obviously thanks you guys for the effort. I'm in for the donation or whatever, just say when and where.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:37 AM   #129
LotusGT1
Regular User

Agreed with what stradale said 4 posts above mine..

But in order to have a decent idea of what is needed I suggest a donation paypal button this instant minute and a "money-thermometer" to see how it's going and what still is needed.

At least give us some ballpark figure to know what money we are talking about here....
Old 10-12-2005, 11:57 AM   #130
djv

you have to wait for Jabba to set up the paypal account for it, then I'll add a donate page to the site

in the meantime can anyone say "Dan is logged in the new uber server now setting it up " ? 8)

Old 10-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #131
Anonymous

YIPEE

Old 10-12-2005, 12:00 PM   #132
nthfinity
Regular User

Dan is logged in the new uber server, and now setting it up 8)
:shock:

Damn, that was FAST!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #133
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan
you have to wait for Jabba to set up the paypal account for it, then I'll add a donate page to the site

in the meantime can anyone say "Dan is logged in the new uber server now setting it up " ? 8)
:shock: damn, you guys don't waste nay time in doing what must be done do you? :shock:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 10-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #134
Stingray

well the response to this topic has been positive, so we decided to just get on with it

Old 10-12-2005, 12:10 PM   #135
ZfrkS62
Regular User

did you really expect otherwise?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Closed Thread