Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-21-2006, 01:09 AM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default Bash Mirco$oft

Mirco$haft is gay. Fuck em. Long live Linux.

This is an M$ hate thread, so say everything you ever wanted about em.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:12 AM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

their operating systems have a history of stability equal to charles manson. Blue screen of death at random times.

Security? hehe, its about is reliable as letting tommy chong guard the DEA's evidence room

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Who can forget this classic

SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:21 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Fuck Microsoft, I haven't had a lock up in 4 years on the same machine; they are fucking gay!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:05 AM   #5
TNT
Regular User

Old 08-21-2006, 04:26 AM   #6
Shinigami
Regular User

Funnily enough, a recent survey showed that on average, Microsoft IIS based Web Servers were less likely to be brought down by hackers, then Linux Apache servers were.

Of course, this was usually only the case as long as the IIS servers were patched up.

But a quick search will show you many, many tables such as this one, where the top servers by number of uptime and the like, are "surprise surprise", Microsoft based: http://uptime.netcraft.net/up/today/top.avg.html

(I had a Linux web server that got hacked... nothing bad, but it had been over 6 months since I had last patched it due to lack of time... It got defaced)
Old 08-21-2006, 04:58 AM   #7
black_magician
Regular User

you know what got me worried? Vista.

This isn't a straight up Bash, but microsoft is saying that Vista is the most secure OS they've ever made. Didn't they say the same thing about XP? can you really claim security before the OS is even released yet? No. In fact, Vista's virgin network stack has been experienceing problems that: have never been encountered before, and simple problems that where fixed in the days of 95.

I think I'll wait till Vista SP3 is released.

BTW, I switched to Ubuntu.
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
ldin
Regular User

vista = shit, you need jabbas pc to run it smooth. what people dont realize is the amount of the money needed for the update. hardware + software = chapter 11, or was it 7? eh you get it...

http://www.slackware.com/
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #9
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by ldin
vista = shit, you need jabbas pc to run it smooth. what people dont realize is the amount of the money needed for the update. hardware + software = chapter 11, or was it 7? eh you get it...

http://www.slackware.com/
The jump from XP to Vista = 98 to 2000
by the time vista stablizes....affordable hardware will surface
Old 09-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #10
Shinigami
Regular User

Vista is not as smooth as XP at this moment due to all the debugging code inside. Actually, latest release candidate sped it up quite a bit since they removed a lot of the bloat.

Let's not forget that your OS is also the program you most use on your PC... everything relies on it.

If you don't consider it important to pay $200-500 for something you use anywhere from 1-10 hours EVERY day, then that's your opinion *shrug*

Of course alternatives exist, so go with them if you're not happy with what M$ brings out
Old 09-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #11
ldin
Regular User

ms has hostages, not users
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #12
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Microsoft is a bunch of idiots who cannot make a proper operating system for shit. It's ridiculous how everyone in this God damn world uses such a shitty OS.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #13
evoWalo
Regular User

I think what Microsoft did with Vista (junking most of the legacy code) is a brave thing. Time & Service Packs will only tell if they're effective.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #14
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Microsoft is a bunch of idiots who cannot make a proper operating system for shit. It's ridiculous how everyone in this God damn world uses such a shitty OS.
Without Microsoft's inefficient programmers, PC hardware will not be on a steep growing curve since Windows 95.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #15
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Speaking of Vista. Can someone tell me what is really different in this "new" OS? I have installed the Beta and it wasnt any different.
(Not talking about performance here.)

The only thing I noticed that is different is a slightly changed GUI and some shit called Aero. And thats about it? Just eye candy no functionality. And dont anyone say the BS of it being more secure than XP. As far as I predict Security will be the same as XP's except for MAYBE in a area or two. Anyways I like Linux very much, but rite now I am stuck using XP for becuase its my parents laptop and I dont feel like dual booting.

Why pay for an OS (such as Microsoft or Mac OS) when you can get one better in almost every way for free and also have free productivity software as well. Also no one can say that Linux is too complicated. If you try that new recent Linux distro Ubuntu you will definiately want to switch over.