Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
LEXION
Regular User

Default 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

While everybody is focusing on the all-new Lancer EVO X, Mitsubishi Europe today released official details on the 2008 Lancer Ralliart. Even though Mitsubishi doesn’t clarify in its press release whether the Ralliart will be based on the 4door Lancer or the upcoming 5door hatch version which is expected to be introduced at the Geneva Show, our sources state that in Europe, the Ralliart will be based on the 5door version while in the States, the 4door sedan. (Photo above: 2005 Lancer Concept Sportback)

In both cases however, the Lancer Ralliart will be equipped with a detuned version the EVO X’s new 2.0 litre (Dual Valve VVT) Turbo Engine producing 240 PS coupled with Mitsubishi’s 6-speed Twin Clutch - SST transmission and with a full-time 4WD system with Active Yaw Control and Active Centre Differential.

In Europe and unless Mitsubishi decides else wise in terms of pricing, the Lancer Ralliart will compete against the Subaru Impreza WRX, VW Golf GTI, Opel Astra OPC, Honda Civic Type-R, Renault Megane RS etc.

According to Mitsubishi’s European arm, the Lancer Ralliart will feature among other things, an aluminium bonnet panel, Recaro front seats, sports steering wheel with paddle shift and a Ralliart radiator grille.

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
Igorionia
Regular User

WOW! Extra hot Hatch!
Like these agressive lines
front is Super SEXY!

I wish that Sportback compete in Rally next season

Igorionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
silentm
Regular User

wow the vents on the hood are way too much! also the healdights have a wicked styling, would like to see those from a different angle. and the air intake on/behind the roof is kinda rediculous. true ricer style...

overall it looks pretty nice though
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
LEXION
Regular User

the front remindes me of this.....

but it looks very good, way better than the Impreza STI

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
pilotvtm
Regular User

I love Subaru, but mitsubishi is more better this time.
This car will be a legend!!!
pilotvtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #6
SnakeBitten
Regular User

evil looking car..if its coming with AWD and that detuned X motor Ill have to get one...
Old 12-25-2007, 03:06 AM   #7
HeilSvenska
Regular User

You all know it won't actually look like that. And that you'd only get one because you can't afford an Evo.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #8
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
You all know it won't actually look like that. And that you'd only get one because you can't afford an Evo.
Well considering that I bought a 350z brand new fully loaded I think I can afford an EVO I just like this body a liittle better....