Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 11-27-2003, 07:59 AM   #1
stracing
Regular User

Default Just bought some Ferraris

I really did..F1 cars in fact!!!
These are BBR Models, built by the best. Fully hand made. 1:43 Scale. So they are like $300AUD a car. Too bad these resize don't show the true quality. Have a look with your own eyes when you come across one. You'll love the quality. Some of their road cars are even better.

links to hi-res ones just to give you a glimpse of their quality
F2002 French GP
F2003-GA Launch Version

F2002 of the French GP

F2003-GA Launch Version

stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 08:28 AM   #2
stradale
Regular User

Cool, BBR builds very good models! My dad builds a lot of kits himself (mostly road cars/classic Ferrari's) including BBR kits, which are very well engineered and detailed. The quality of the paint and spraying on their ready-mades is extraordinary.

Do you have BBR road car models as well?
Old 11-27-2003, 08:31 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

It is very very nice!!

And BTW, some day ago I bought a De Loren.. and a special one LOL

Made by Vitesse and for less than 40 USD, the quality is superb IMO.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:46 AM   #4
Chingachgook
Regular User

GREAT! the De Lorean from Back to the Future!
Old 11-27-2003, 08:57 AM   #5
stradale
Regular User

Budget models such as Vitesse, Minichamps, AutoArt, Ixo etc. have improved considerably in recent years as you can see from the picture of the Delorean. BBR, MR etc. have to improve as well IMO to justify their higher prices.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:04 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

Indeed, I usually buy IXO, Vitesse or Autoart (as for 1:43 I mean), and the quality is really great. But when I noticed the opening door on the DeLorean and the detail inside, I was amazed, and happy I choosed it instead of the nice old Mercedes S-Class limo that tempted me the same day LOL

To bad we don't have BBR models around here afaik...
That Ferrari is amazing
Old 11-27-2003, 09:05 AM   #7
stracing
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Cool, BBR builds very good models! My dad builds a lot of kits himself (mostly road cars/classic Ferrari's) including BBR kits, which are very well engineered and detailed. The quality of the paint and spraying on their ready-mades is extraordinary.

Do you have BBR road car models as well?
i have F2000 BBR kit sitting here. i really don't how to go about it because of the size. i normally build 1:24 scale tamiya kits and sometimes its hard enough to get to exact detail.

no i don't have any road cars. i'm a schumacher fanatic so i only collect anything schumacher. when i get my glass cabinet i'll show off my collection. if i was to collect roads cars i'd go broke. BBR ain't cheap. however if there is a challenge stradale coming out i'll buy that. i've seen a 1:24 scale of of the 360 spider, i almost fainted. it was just so god damn good. anyways, for road cars i like to build them myself. current car i'm building is a toyota celica for my friend, but i'll be building the supra as well.

TT, does vitesse have a website? to be honest i've never heard of them.

also another reason why they are so good (and why its so expensive) is their rarity. the models i've shown, only 300 were built. the 360 spider i mentioned only 70 were built. i have another schumacher which in a safe box, only 50 were made. i spent more than a $1000 on it.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:11 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

TT, does vitesse have a website? to be honest i've never heard of them
I had no idea, so I did a search and look what I found LOL: Vitesse is no longer producing any models. They are out of business and now, another company in China is making models from their molds

In effect the logo on the DeLorean case is different from the previous one.. so I wonder if it's already a "chinese" one...
Old 11-27-2003, 09:15 AM   #9
stracing
Regular User

Budget models such as Vitesse, Minichamps, AutoArt, Ixo etc. have improved considerably in recent years as you can see from the picture of the Delorean. BBR, MR etc. have to improve as well IMO to justify their higher prices.
you got to remember those budget models are made by machines, off a production line. BBR and others like Model World are made by hands. So a margin of error is forgiveable. but really, you have to look very very very closely for any errors. so i think those high prices are justified. plus, which i mentioned earlier, they are rare. extremely rare.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:18 AM   #10
stracing
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
To bad we don't have BBR models around here afaik...
That Ferrari is amazing
you are so wrong dude!!! hehe
22 places that stock BBR models

http://www.bbrmodels.it/pages_uk/dis...p/svizzera.cfm
Old 11-27-2003, 09:18 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

Rarity is very cool

The most rare models I have are not as rare as yours... I have a 80s Merc 200 T that is one of 1824, a 206 WRC (2001) over 5000 made and an EVO VI Tommy Makkinen edition that is one of 3000..

Still pretty low compared to the world, but not as good as 50

And thanks for the BBR list for Svitzerland There is one in Lausanne too, and I never heard about that shop LOL
Old 11-27-2003, 09:23 AM   #12
stracing
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
TT, does vitesse have a website? to be honest i've never heard of them
I had no idea, so I did a search and look what I found LOL: Vitesse is no longer producing any models. They are out of business and now, another company in China is making models from their molds

In effect the logo on the DeLorean case is different from the previous one.. so I wonder if it's already a "chinese" one...
well the model should come with a serial number or similar. if the number still works give them a call. thats how i check with my schumacher cars from Hot Wheels. There are some fake hot wheels around. :x
Old 11-27-2003, 09:25 AM   #13
TT
Regular User

Don't worry, I'm not really that implicated And if Vitesse was simply "bought" by that Chinese maker, no problem at all... I just collect 1:43 models because I like them
Old 11-27-2003, 09:38 AM   #14
stracing
Regular User

thats cool.
i'm picky with mine. i always find the best one in the shop. if the decal is slightly off i won't be happy with it.

i suggest you keep collecting die-casts. don't ever go building plastic kits. like me i thought i'll just build the Ferrari 310B, but now i'm hooked on them. i just can't stop building them now. i have more cars in my cupboard than i could build. i've just spent too much on models, die-casts and plastic kits.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:42 AM   #15
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
you got to remember those budget models are made by machines, off a production line. BBR and others like Model World are made by hands. So a margin of error is forgiveable. but really, you have to look very very very closely for any errors. so i think those high prices are justified. plus, which i mentioned earlier, they are rare. extremely rare.
That's not really true. The parts are mostly made by machines, but they're put together by hand. Also painted details, such as the rubber window linings, are usually handpainted. Pretty much all manufacturers like Ixo and AutoArt have factories in China, which explains why they can build these models by hand for the prices they charge. BBRs are higher quality, but they are built in Italy. That's also a huge factor in their price.
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote