Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 09-02-2003, 02:54 PM   #31
666fast
Regular User

American Sports Cars- There arent many of them, but the Z06 the Viper, are awesome cars. They got good built quality, they look good, but I never seen any that isnt modded in some way. Thats what put's me off. If I saw a stock Z06 go up against a stock 360, and I would see the Z06 win, then Ill give the Z06 the credit it deserves. But modded VS. stock will never change my opinion. All I can say is that American car magazines overate the Vette's and the Vipers. If they said "These are great sports cars", they I would not say a word. But when I see a magazine cover that says "The Vette a Ferrari Killer.......blah blah blah", that pisses me off, since its not true.
Yea, modded vs. stock is a very dumb comparison. I too would like to see a stock Z06 vs. a stock 360. I really don't know what the outcome would be. They are both fast cars.
If GM were willing to do so, I'm sure they could easily build and sell a Corvette that would be faster than a Ferrari 360. But I don't see that happening. As the Vette sits right now, they sell a lot of them. They won't change that formula.
I want to see a decent road test of the Ford GT (new GT40). I wonder how that will compare to a 360 or even a 550.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:07 PM   #32
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
American Sports Cars- There arent many of them, but the Z06 the Viper, are awesome cars. They got good built quality, they look good, but I never seen any that isnt modded in some way. Thats what put's me off. If I saw a stock Z06 go up against a stock 360, and I would see the Z06 win, then Ill give the Z06 the credit it deserves. But modded VS. stock will never change my opinion. All I can say is that American car magazines overate the Vette's and the Vipers. If they said "These are great sports cars", they I would not say a word. But when I see a magazine cover that says "The Vette a Ferrari Killer.......blah blah blah", that pisses me off, since its not true.
Yea, modded vs. stock is a very dumb comparison. I too would like to see a stock Z06 vs. a stock 360. I really don't know what the outcome would be. They are both fast cars.
If GM were willing to do so, I'm sure they could easily build and sell a Corvette that would be faster than a Ferrari 360. But I don't see that happening. As the Vette sits right now, they sell a lot of them. They won't change that formula.
I want to see a decent road test of the Ford GT (new GT40). I wonder how that will compare to a 360 or even a 550.
Z06 Vs. 360, I dont know, they would be pretty darn close. I'd like to see the stig drive it at the Top Gear track, just for reference.

Ford GT Vs. 550 would be great to see, but no magazine has put up a good article on the GT yet......I hope EVo can get their hands on it.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 03:48 PM   #33
DR.GONZO
Regular User

Z06 Vs. 360, I dont know, they would be pretty darn close. I'd like to see the stig drive it at the Top Gear track, just for reference.

that would be very nice, whoever wins very well said.
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 05:31 PM   #34
blah
Regular User

I dont understand how you would rather take a quarter million dollar italian car over a heavily moddible Vette. I guess im just a dumb dirty American Muscle man. I also like how the z06 gets good gas mileage. Rumor has it the new C6 Class of z06 will have over 500 horses and close to 500 lbs of torque. With alot of new advances. This will definatly make the european community change their designs. Not to mention that the new Ford GT is coming out, how you can call a car that is inspired by a car that won what 6, or 4 Le Mans Championships i dont know.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:45 PM   #35
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
I dont understand how you would rather take a quarter million dollar italian car over a heavily moddible Vette. I guess im just a dumb dirty American Muscle man. I also like how the z06 gets good gas mileage. Rumor has it the new C6 Class of z06 will have over 500 horses and close to 500 lbs of torque. With alot of new advances. This will definatly make the european community change their designs. Not to mention that the new Ford GT is coming out, how you can call a car that is inspired by a car that won what 6, or 4 Le Mans Championships i dont know.
Looks like you just have a very different taste, because I think the complete opposite.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:46 PM   #36
blah
Regular User

Yet we both agree that rice needs to go. People who take 17 thousand dollar cars, and add 30 grand into them to make them the speed of a Mustang GT and add fart cans deserve to die. Also Supra people your not far off my list too. Your car is not great until you invest upwards to 30 Grand just for the BPU +++
Old 09-02-2003, 06:48 PM   #37
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Looks like you just have a very different taste, because I think the complete opposite.
Ditto.. I don't understand ppl with money buying an average car like a Vette and modify the hell out of it :-/ dumb IMO.. since a quarter million dollar italian car is one of the finest things money can buy, while a Vette is really nothing special.. but well.. I'm European...
Old 09-02-2003, 06:50 PM   #38
TT
Regular User

Yet we both agree that rice needs to go. People who take 17 thousand dollar cars, and add 30 grand into them to make them the speed of a Mustang GT and add fart cans deserve to die. Also Supra people your not far off my list too. Your car is not great until you invest upwards to 30 Grand just for the BPU +++
Uhm.. why you criticise tuned Supra while you just posted tuned Vettes are amazing? It's not that different.. and if it is, well, the Supra is better in stock form.. at least you can do around a twisty road with it...
Old 09-02-2003, 07:01 PM   #39
gis
Regular User

so your saying a supra is only fast when at the BPU++ stage.i highly doubt that.a simple BPU supra would take a stock vette no problem,around a track,a BPU supra would take that aswell.out of both,i would rather look at a supra than a vette.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 07:01 PM   #40
blah
Regular User

Cuz i dont like rice. And the Vette can keep up with a supra stock. Besides all the money put into the supra only makes it a little faster than a stock Z06.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:03 PM   #41
TT
Regular User

Cuz i dont like rice. And the Vette can keep up with a supra stock. Besides all the money put into the supra only makes it a little faster than a stock Z06.
I don't see why you're so single minded... "only a little faster"? A Vette stands no change on real world roads, againt a stoco Supra... and a modded one would beat the ass of a Vette.. while spending lot of money on a Vette, you just obtain a drag strip monster... completely useless outside an highway...
Old 09-02-2003, 07:09 PM   #42
SFDMALEX
Regular User

For your record blah, some supra's can do 1000BHP, modded.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:11 PM   #43
gis
Regular User

what has rice got to do with it.i dont see anythin on a supra thats rice.

stock for stock the vette is going to be faster due to more power.spend a little money on a mkiv for eg,filter,exhaust,boost controller,that wud simply take a stock vette.the supra is an all round better car IMO.maybe thats coz i want one so badly.but u get a vette to go aroound a track against a supra,stock vs stock,or even modded vs modded,a supra will win hands down.the vette is all brute power and thats it.not slow by any means.but IMO a 6 speed BPU supra will take the vette no problem,highway or track

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 07:14 PM   #44
blah
Regular User

A Corvette is a great handling car. the 2004 Z06 does a Slalom speed of 70.3 MPH Stock So how will it loose around a track?
Old 09-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #45
TT
Regular User

blah... I can understand you love the Vette so much, but it's the first time I see the terms Vette and handling together... Caterhams+handling= OK, Peugeot 306+handling=OK, BMW M3+handling=ok... Vette+handling=WTF?!?!?