Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 09-01-2003, 10:55 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
i couldn't agree more..its american piece of crap

of course it can beat a ferrari or lambo after its done up :roll:
just like the civic beating the viper...

actually bentley was meant to be a sporty rival to rolls royce. and they did start out as sports otherwise they wouldn't have entered le mans during the 1920s

what about the continetal gt...thats a luxury sport coupe...even tho the weight doesn't suggest it
I know mate, but how can you compare something that is pure leather and weighs 2tons to a corvette lol.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:07 PM   #17
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by blah
You guys wanna laugh your asses off. You can buy a Z06 for $56,773.00 plus handling and what ever, have lingenfilter make it ownage, for about $167,000.00 total thats with the car. And it will run faster than a Lambo, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Rocye or anything else. And you will still have enough money left over to buy a prostitute!
Exactly where is it faster? You'll have to spend another 50 000$ to make it fast enough to run with the current ferrari's and lambos. Excuse me, did you say Bentley and Roll's Royce? Where did you come from? Since when Bentley and Rolls Roce became sports cars???

Exactly faster then which ferrari will it run? Please the 2003 vette probably wont stand a chance against a 355 around the track. And thats what? An 8year old car?

Lates take the stradale. Top speed 298KMH Vette 275, weight stradale 2602lbs Vette 3110lbs. Power stradale 425 vette 405. Please the Stradale wips the GT3 and you saying that vette will kill a ferrari or a lambo? Maybe a ferrari 308 or a countach, but please, you want me to go that far?

Did you watch Le Mans this year? Who won the race? Bentley won, for the first time in like what 5 years Corvette Lost Le Mans. So is Corvette a POS? Hell no, obviously it can take out ferraris and what not. And As i stated above its a modded z06 thats running the 8.95 not a Modded Ferrari, Lambo, or Porsche. While your Ferrari cost 500Gs + Stock the Z06 that can runt he 8.95 only cost 167,000 Total. Ill take the z06 thank you.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:34 PM   #18
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
You guys wanna laugh your asses off. You can buy a Z06 for $56,773.00 plus handling and what ever, have lingenfilter make it ownage, for about $167,000.00 total thats with the car. And it will run faster than a Lambo, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Rocye or anything else. And you will still have enough money left over to buy a prostitute!
Exactly where is it faster? You'll have to spend another 50 000$ to make it fast enough to run with the current ferrari's and lambos. Excuse me, did you say Bentley and Roll's Royce? Where did you come from? Since when Bentley and Rolls Roce became sports cars???

Exactly faster then which ferrari will it run? Please the 2003 vette probably wont stand a chance against a 355 around the track. And thats what? An 8year old car?

Lates take the stradale. Top speed 298KMH Vette 275, weight stradale 2602lbs Vette 3110lbs. Power stradale 425 vette 405. Please the Stradale wips the GT3 and you saying that vette will kill a ferrari or a lambo? Maybe a ferrari 308 or a countach, but please, you want me to go that far?

Did you watch Le Mans this year? Who won the race? Bentley won, for the first time in like what 5 years Corvette Lost Le Mans. So is Corvette a POS? Hell no, obviously it can take out ferraris and what not. And As i stated above its a modded z06 thats running the 8.95 not a Modded Ferrari, Lambo, or Porsche. While your Ferrari cost 500Gs + Stock the Z06 that can runt he 8.95 only cost 167,000 Total. Ill take the z06 thank you.
So now your going into Motorsports??? Well you should have said so in the beginnig. First of, Corvette never won Le Mans.

That Vette is factory supported. And it has been a while since ferrari did any GT racing that was factory supported. You would not want to see that happen. Why? Because the corvettes would back with NGT class cars
Old 09-02-2003, 12:46 AM   #19
DR.GONZO
Regular User

............../´¯/)
............/¯../ /
.........../..../ /
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸
.../'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
.('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/
..\.................'.....
...'\'...\.......... _. hey man FUCK YOU I never said anthing about australia like saying there cars are crappy--what does australian cars have do they even make a car that aint japanese or gm holden I'm tired of hearing this shit LOCK THIS THREAD! Please
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 01:22 AM   #20
blah
Regular User

Yes this thread has gone from me posting pics of a TT vette to domestic vs all.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:27 AM   #21
fedezyl
Regular User

Ill take the z06 thank you.
To you, whatever suit's your taste, it's still not up to the standards of the industry....

I'm tired of hearing this shit
Tired of hearing that american car's suck? to bad...unless they start making good car's you will still hear that...

As far as your FUCK YOU answer, that's very mature too...and a very good argument in a conversation...

It seems like you say corvette and all it's fans start loading up their flame throwers, truth is that it's been proven that most of the car's if not all in it's category are far superior in every respect, from handling, to engine, to build quality....
I respect you liking it, after all beauty is whatever you see thru your eyes, but don't tell me it's faster or better than a Ferrari or Lamborghini because i'll just laugh in your face saying how much of a fool you are...

And as far as tuning goes....it's funny how the factory relies on it's client's to make a real sport's car....it's like buying half a house and then you finish it up....very stupid, yes it's half the price, but then it's half done...

fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 02:49 AM   #22
666fast
Regular User

Did you watch Le Mans this year? Who won the race? Bentley won
Bentley won because the VAG wanted them to win. The R8 is a much better car.

This comes from autoextremist.com, I agree whole heartedly.

The 24 Hour of Le Mans in recent years has become a huge marketing vehicle for manufacturers taking turns dominating the event for their strategic purposes, with little or no competition mustered to derail their plans. The most recent example of this was the Audi juggernaut of 2000-2002, when the unbeatable Audi R8s put down a feeble initial challenge from Mercedes-Benz and then basically romped to uncontested victories three years in a row. And for 2003, when the VW Group deemed it expedient to finally allow its Bentley marque to have its day - the Bentley team came roaring through for the win this past June, with no meaningful competition for the overall win in sight - except for the factory-assisted privateer Audi R8s that kept the Bentley team honest.

As much as I like Corvettes, they are not up to par with many of the worlds sportscars. They definately aren't in the same league as Ferrari.
Compared to some models, the Vette is just as fast, but not too most.

I'm kind of think the same as a few others here. I'm kind of tired of the American Car bashing. I respect everyones opinions but when your only reply to a thread is "american cars are fucking garbage" it gets a bit old.
Seriously, how many of you actually have any experience with american cars? I'm not talking about what Evo writes about, as good a magazine it is, they are very biased. It's very clear that they dislike american cars for no apparent reason.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. American cars are what they are because that is what americans want. What is so hard to understand about that? People here want big, comfortable cars. They don't want stiff suspensions, they don't want to feel every crack in the road. Even if it sacrifices handling. People here don't need small cars, our roads are big.

Everyone is using their opinion to judge a very large group of cars. Just because you don't like it, that does not mean it's garbage. I don't like Bentley's, are they garbage? Hardly
I like Corvettes, does that mean it's the best sportscar? No, not even close

I think the American car vs. everything else topic has been beaten to death. It's an endless debate.

And as far as tuning goes....it's funny how the factory relies on it's client's to make a real sport's car....it's like buying half a house and then you finish it up....very stupid, yes it's half the price, but then it's half done...
They do this because it's what the american people want and they know it. People here have been hot rodding cars for 50 years here. Many people here would rather build their own car, instead of having everything that can be possibly done for them. There is a whole generation of people that grew up in the hot rod era, and guess what generation is buying Corvettes.

I don't know about a 2003 Vette, but I'm willing to bet that a Z06 will hang with it. I really don't know if it'll beat one though. But it wouldn't be that far off.

If there is anything we have here that's better than what everyone else gets, it's insurance. So, umm, take that!
Old 09-02-2003, 03:49 AM   #23
novass
Regular User

well said 666!

I too am getting tired of this debate. If all cars were made the same it would be a bit boring. Precisely why ice cream comes in so many flavors.

Hell, if I could afford a Ferrari I would have one, who wouldnt?. I dont think ive ever heard someone say that a Ferrari is a POS. Its kind of understood that its a "nice" car. If its fair to compare a $150,000 exclusive car to a $50,000 accesible car, then screw it all, ill just go get a F1 car. No better yet ill just go get a jet.

If you dont like it dont buy it. Just cause I see some guy driving a Civic with a wing, etc., that I think is the biggest POS in the world, doesnt mean im gonna get upset about it. I dont have to drive it nor do I have to sit in it so what do I care? I dont. Its his choice.

Then there is the straight line vs. around a turn. Why doesnt beating a car in a straight line merit the same credability as taking a turn faster. (im not referring to any car comparison in this thread, just the principle, so dont give me any stats) Sure the car can turn faster, but if it loses in a straight line, its still slower right? So I would think it balances out.

Personally, ive been fortunate enough to have been behind the wheel of both a C5 and a 360. I enjoyed both, they were both fun. Its not always about numbers, people always quoting numbers and use numbers as the basis for a car's performance, dont know the meaning of performance. You dont need that extra 2 tenths of a second on your 0-60 going to the grocery store, even if you could get it. These tests are the result of a professional driver doing it over and over until he gets it. Im not saying anyone is a bad driver, im just saying that its not a given youll hit the quoted 0-60 and all the other numbers constantly and consistently. Possibly never considering your climate, elevation, etc.

If you like it, drive it, if you dont, go and get something else. Its that simple.

EDIT: this is completely off topic, but I heard it the other day and this kind of got me thinking about it again.

to quote comedian George Carlin, "We (Americans) cant build as good of a VCR or TV as you (Japanese), but we can bomb the shit out of your country!"

im not saying anything about war or anyone versus anyone, just meant as a joke so dont take it wrong and get all pissy. just a little car debate. i typed all the above with a smile on my face, so no one take it personal (the last bit probably wasnt necesary here, on Racing Flix, probably, but I think we are all a little better then that, yes?)

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 04:11 AM   #24
DR.GONZO
Regular User

[quote="fedezyl"]
Ill take the z06 thank you.
To you, whatever suit's your taste, it's still not up to the standards of the industry....

I'm tired of hearing this shit

As far as your FUCK YOU answer, that's very mature too...and a very good argument in a conversation...

I respect you liking it, after all beauty is whatever you see thru your eyes, but don't tell me it's faster or better than a Ferrari or Lamborghini because i'll just laugh in your face saying how much of a fool you are...

quote]

Ok, I don't like certain american car's I don't like certain euro's But just to say all american car's are crap............... You could just say I'm not really a domestic fan And don't really like them! OK saying they are shit pisses me off most lilky coming from a 14 yr old postwhore, He just posted nice pics of a modded car that can smoke supercars!!!!!!! Oh of course I would take a lambo or ferrari over that car who wouldn't Even though that vette would probrobly be faster than both of those cars I have vid's of certain cars and know people beating supercars in their modded american cars, I appreciate any car that is BAD ASS any car but I guess some people here............. Don't care and straight up Hate on the American car, maybee it's cause they can't afford one or never seen one, or they hate american's, or ????? I Dunno But me coming as a car enthiusiat(mispelled) appreciate any car that is able to hang with faster cars and look good examlple That cheese frog with the civic that hung with the viper I don't like honda's But his was nice(certain one's I like) I would like too own that ride!!!!!!!! Honda nsx nice You know I appreciate anything With power!!!!! No matter what it is, that's a real car fan, I just hope it has look's as well!!!!!!! If not that's the consumers choice, I don't really like people flaming on car's cause they are from a certain country unless they did something really GAY to it like that pic of the lambo with a fairy paintjob or DUMB fast and furious cars with dvd players under the hood and usless gauges and non functional part's That's GAY!!! Any car's that do that for show, It's called a car show too show off a nice car, not a 65,000 dolar car that you never drove!!!! Chezzyyy I am no longer going to get in too this Sorry But That anger's me!!
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 06:02 AM   #25
stracing
Regular User

Originally Posted by DR.GONZO
............../´¯/)
............/¯../ /
.........../..../ /
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸
.../'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
.('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/
..\.................'.....
...'\'...\.......... _. hey man FUCK YOU I never said anthing about australia like saying there cars are crappy--what does australian cars have do they even make a car that aint japanese or gm holden I'm tired of hearing this shit LOCK THIS THREAD! Please
you can just keep on giving me the finger or fuck you...it won't affect me. i'll just keep on saying american cars are a piece of shit!!!!
go and bag australian cars i don't give a shit about them. i just can't imagne myself in a holden or ford
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 07:26 AM   #26
tkach
Regular User

first off dont fuck with america. i love it and defend it. and we have crushed small countrys for less. now the the modded cars thing. personaly id rather take the vett why cause in the los angelos area everybody who drives a Ferrari is often no more then a pole smoking dong. and id rather not be seen as one. the vette is more suttle. then you must take into account how often are you going to take this car to a track. if it is just a fast daily driver to take to the drag strip once in a while or smoke some ricer take the vette not as flashly. but given most american cars are crappy. such as anything done by ford cept gt40
tkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 10:58 AM   #27
fedezyl
Regular User

first off dont fuck with america. i love it and defend it. and we have crushed small countrys for less

Redneck...

fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 01:46 PM   #28
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by fedezyl
first off dont fuck with america. i love it and defend it. and we have crushed small countrys for less

Redneck...
LOL! Seriosuly Tkach, that was a very dumb statement!

Oh no, you made fun of my car, I will crush you!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:30 PM   #29
SFDMALEX
Regular User

No "I hate American Cars" issue is back.

Let me try again.

American Sports Cars- There arent many of them, but the Z06 the Viper, are awesome cars. They got good built quality, they look good, but I never seen any that isnt modded in some way. Thats what put's me off. If I saw a stock Z06 go up against a stock 360, and I would see the Z06 win, then Ill give the Z06 the credit it deserves. But modded VS. stock will never change my opinion. All I can say is that American car magazines overate the Vette's and the Vipers. If they said "These are great sports cars", they I would not say a word. But when I see a magazine cover that says "The Vette a Ferrari Killer.......blah blah blah", that pisses me off, since its not true.

666Fast is right about the Hot Rod people. In America they've been Hot Roding all their life, it's in their blood, so I understand that on an American level, but when you make a car that you want to compete with other car's around the world, you need to make a good stock car. You cant call up EVO and tell them that you got a modded Vette that you want to put up against a stock ferrari.

American Domestic Cars- The reason why I dont like them is simple. I dont like their styling, they build quality is generaly cheap, but hey, the price is low. So it kind of pay's off. But I'd like to see an American manufacturer build a car at a Euro level, with good styling, build quality and price. But they dont build cars like that.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #30
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Then there is the straight line vs. around a turn. Why doesnt beating a car in a straight line merit the same credability as taking a turn faster. (im not referring to any car comparison in this thread, just the principle, so dont give me any stats) Sure the car can turn faster, but if it loses in a straight line, its still slower right? So I would think it balances out.

Nope. You rember when clarkson put a 911carrera VS some Honda Super Bike??? That was a great comparison between starght line speed and the ablility to brake well and take turns well. The 911 won.