Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 04-25-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
antonioledesma
Regular User

I knew I had already read that.... but don't worry, it isn't a repost (I think)

in this topic I found that site, and the Legal threats are very funny, but even are more the replies from the web site
and is it true that thing about swedish law not outlawing torrents??

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...t=thepiratebay
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:50 AM   #2
stradale
Regular User

Having read some of this guy's responses I really hope someone does succeed in making a case against him and sue his pants off. What a dickhead. He feels so superior while he damn well knows what he's doing or at least stimulating. OK, he doesn't have the files on his server to distribute them, but he calls his site the Pirate Bay, lists all the files etc.

I don't know anything about Swedish law, but I can't imagine it condoning unauthorized use of trademarks. On this subject it's more about international treaties than national legislation and I highly doubt Sweden is not a party at those treaties. I sincerely hope one of those lawyers calls his bluff. From what I've heard about the KaZaA case here in the Netherlands, p2p services should not think they're in the clear too easily.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:47 AM   #3
Sydbom
Regular User

this guy has been on tv a lot lately and there is a fight going on right now between him ( piratebureau ) and the swedish anti-piracy Bureau.
there is a new law coming see, and it will make it illegal to download copyright material. but not illegal to have torrents i guess so i dont know what will happend, nor does anybody else. but downloading from his site will be illegal in a month or two. its a european law, so it should already be in other countries.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:46 AM   #4
DeMoN
Regular User

Not to mention, anyone dloading from there must have his/her IP well documented. Sof if someone from the US dloads from there, the dloader gets screwed!
Old 04-25-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
Cornutu
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Having read some of this guy's responses I really hope someone does succeed in making a case against him and sue his pants off. What a dickhead. He feels so superior while he damn well knows what he's doing or at least stimulating. OK, he doesn't have the files on his server to distribute them, but he calls his site the Pirate Bay, lists all the files etc.

I don't know anything about Swedish law, but I can't imagine it condoning unauthorized use of trademarks. On this subject it's more about international treaties than national legislation and I highly doubt Sweden is not a party at those treaties. I sincerely hope one of those lawyers calls his bluff. From what I've heard about the KaZaA case here in the Netherlands, p2p services should not think they're in the clear too easily.

WHAT?! look at what the companies are doing, it's about time someone go some revenge for the electronic natzism. Granted sharing of new movies and games is certainly unfair, but music companies have only lost 2%of profiits for new artists. Power to this guy
Cornutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #6
Sydbom
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77

Don't hope that, information wants to be free. I like what this guy is doing. I hope things work out good for him.
really?
so if somebody spends months maybe years on an album or making a movie or writing a book, then he shouldnt get money for it then?
if information was free, the world as we know it wouldnt and couldnt exist because there are so many people making there living on selling "information" that the infrastructure couldnt make it without them!
if you dont get anything for your labour you wouldnt work would you?
Old 04-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
Sydbom
Regular User

Originally Posted by Cornutu

WHAT?! look at what the companies are doing, it's about time someone go some revenge for the electronic natzism. Granted sharing of new movies and games is certainly unfair, but music companies have only lost 2%of profiits for new artists. Power to this guy
profits? do you know how much the whole industry have lost in total sales the last 5 years?
profits just show that they have sacked a lot of people so that they can go on.
and this is not about the companys its about the poor guy playing guitarr in his garage who might not dare to try his luck in tne music business because there just isnt any money in it anymore for small artists.
please think a little bit longer!
stealing always hurt someone!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #8
Sydbom
Regular User

if you want numbers:
the swedish record industri is pretty big compared to how small the country is and we have many household with broadband.
result:
since 2001 the total sales of cds have dropped 33%!!! that is 10 million less cds sold every year! just in our little country.
try living on 33% less pay yourself and see how you would like it!
most artists dont make a lot of money in the first place!