Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 07-19-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
Johns
Regular User

Default Reccomend a laptop for business use for a friend..

My friend is lookin for a laptop that she can use for travel. she wants it to be light in weight, have the integrated wireless thing, and about a 12" screen. She is just going to use it when she needs to go on a webpage since her Treo is a PIA for some webpages because there too large for the Treo screen and other little things.

Also has to be the least amount of money possible and have a good battery.

I tried to help but there a shit load of laptop brands and I rather just get feedback from those who know more or have experience with some.

Thanks
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
AlienDB7
Regular User

How about the Dell 700m? It's 12.1" and with the optional 8 cell battery, it lasts about 5 hrs. The price is decent too, you should be able to get one for US$1200 or so. Look for the widely available dell.com coupons

Personally, I like the IBM thinkpads more when it comes to business laptops. The X series is very light and small, fairly durable too.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
Johns
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
How about the Dell 700m? It's 12.1" and with the optional 8 cell battery, it lasts about 5 hrs. The price is decent too, you should be able to get one for US$1200 or so. Look for the widely available dell.com coupons

Personally, I like the IBM thinkpads more when it comes to business laptops. The X series is very light and small, fairly durable too.
Thanks man! I just found a $750 off any 700M thats over $1499. Looks like a done deal!
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
evoWalo
Regular User

iBooks start at $999 but if you're friend still needs Windows then I second the IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad X Series. Friend has one and it is one kick ass machine. Problem though is that the floppy & optical drive arent part of the lappy. The T series is great if you still need a floppy & optical drive.

Toshibas are great too.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
pharzo
Regular User

IBM thinkpads are an absolute business standard when it comes to small business notebooks...true it doesn't come with built in drives...but you can get seperate ones, and it does make the notebook extremely light and thin

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote