Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 05-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
redbaron
Regular User

Default Forget the driving force pro

If you thought the driving force pro was the ultimate gamewheel, than take a look at this: the G25

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ne...=12020,crid=34
Primed For Pole Position: Logitech G25 Racing Wheel Delivers Ultimate PC Gaming Experience
Company´s Most Advanced Wheel Offers Six-Speed Shifter and Clutch, Dual-Motor Force Feedback, 900-Degree Wheel Rotation, Premium Materials

Logitech® G25 Racing Wheel

LOS ANGELES — May 9, 2006 — Today at the Electronic Entertainment Exposition (E3), Logitech (SWX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) unveiled its most advanced gaming wheel ever, the Logitech® G25 Racing Wheel, enabling people to bring the most lifelike racing experience into the home. But amateurs beware: The limited-edition G25 wheel´s uncanny realism could lead to moments of extreme exhilaration and fear.

A member of the company´s extreme-performance G-series family of peripherals for PC gamers, the Logitech G25 wheel offers advanced features which, until now, could be found only in specialized or custom-made racing simulators that sometimes cost thousands of dollars to assemble. These features include a six-speed gated shifter and clutch pedal; two high-torque force-feedback motors; an 11-inch wheel; and a full 900 degrees of rotation. The wheel, shifter and pedals are made with premium materials such as stainless steel and leather, delivering the look and feel of parts from a race car cockpit.

"We´re helping people bring the race car into their home," said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech´s director of product marketing for interactive entertainment. “The G25 wheel will take expert gamers to places they´ve never been. It will make people forget they are in front of their PC, and it will put them in the pole position at Indianapolis, Monza or Brands Hatch race tracks.”

Six-Speed Shifter and Clutch Pedal
The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is the company´s first to include a six-speed gated shifter, complete with a push-down reverse gear, offering a new level of control. Now racers can quickly shift into any gear as they decelerate going into turns and accelerate out of them — rather than cycling through gears sequentially or hoping an automatic transmission selects the most appropriate gear. Advanced driving techniques such as heel-and-toe downshifting are made possible with the included clutch pedal.

Two-Motor Force Feedback
Logitech, which has sold more force-feedback wheels than any other company, introduced the industry´s first two-motor force-feedback mechanism with the G25 wheel console, providing stronger and more precise feedback. With a second motor, the directional forces are more realistic and evenly distributed throughout the wheel — drivers will feel everything from the banks in the road to impact with walls, structures and other cars. The two-motor system is also much quieter than other force-feedback solutions.

Sturdy Design, Premium Materials
The 11-inch wheel and the shift knob are wrapped in leather, providing comfortable grips over extended periods of intense racing. The wheel´s spokes and two paddle shifters are made of stainless steel, and the pedals consist of stainless-steel faces and steel frames. The pedal platform includes rubber feet that adhere to hardwood floors and a unique carpet grip system, ensuring that the pedals won´t shift or slide across the floor during a close race to the finish line. Both the shifter and steering console feature secure clamping systems and can be easily attached to a table or desktop.

900-Degree Steering, Advanced Controls
The G25 wheel turns 900 degrees lock-to-lock, much like a typical race car, allowing drivers to navigate hairpin turns with greater accuracy. And with anti-backlash gearing, there is no slack in the steering response, making any race a smooth, realistic and quiet experience. The wheel also features 12 programmable buttons — four buttons on the wheel, and eight buttons and a directional pad on the shifter — allowing gamers to put the most important controls where they want them.

Game and Platform Support
The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is compatible with current racing titles, such as rFactor™ and Live for Speed, as well as several other PC racing titles currently in development. The wheel can also be used with any PlayStation®2 game that is compatible with other Logitech force-feedback wheels, including the Logitech® Driving Force™ and Logitech® Driving Force™ Pro.

For PC and PlayStation 2 games that don´t support the six-speed shifting mode, racers can switch the gearbox into sequential shifting mode, which is supported by almost all driving games. A complete list of games that support force-feedback wheels, 900-degree steering, and the six-speed shifter can be found on the G25 product information page at www.logitech.com.

Pricing and Availability
The limited-edition Logitech G25 Racing Wheel will be available online at www.logitech.com and through select retailers in the U.S. and Europe beginning in October. Its suggested retail price in the U.S. is $299.99.

About Logitech
Founded in 1981, Logitech designs, manufactures and markets personal peripherals that enable people to effectively work, play, and communicate in the digital world. Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SWX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and in the U.S. on the Nasdaq National Market System (LOGI).
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
Shinigami
Regular User

That's nice, no XBOX 360 support tho'?
Old 05-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
No.1
Regular User

reminds me of the momo i used to have - a great feeling, sturdy wheel.The leather rim and metal shifters feel great.

The clutch/shifter assembly adds a new dimension, but it isn't the ultimate - you should check out Alex's gear :good:
Old 05-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
saadie
Regular User

holy shmokes !!! :shock:

im starting saving money 8)
Old 05-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
GT-R_R34
Regular User

nice wheel but i'll stay with my driving force pro.
now the question is how are you going to set up that?
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
5vz-fe
Regular User

Now let's wait for them to bring out the force feedback pedals
Old 05-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

bastards.. why the hell do they have to go and make this a "Limited Edition" product..

No wonder the $300 price tag..

Oh and I'm SURE this will work with XBox 360..
Old 05-15-2006, 05:48 PM   #8
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
that would be awesome - imagine feeling the car on the point of lock up on the brakes 8)
Old 05-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #9
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I think Ill get it but its only the wheel that Im interested in.

300$ is way low for a setup like this I have to sayt

The old Momo Force was 300$ and that was just a leather/metal wheel.
This also comes with a shifter and a 3rd pedal.

Which leads me to think the shifter console must be cheap. I have a full size seperate unit which gets quite a banging (needs fixes once a year) and I cant see this shifter surviving any serious driving.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^^
PC cross compatibility

if i could, i would run a clutch 6/7 speed gearbox with GTR... i believe its also usable in NFS Porsche... to bad they dont make the NFS games as good as they once had

about the brakes... that is the point where i do absolutely terrible in sim games... since no pedals offer Force feedback brakes; i either lock em up, or dont use them enough... and for example, in GTR, i lose about 3 seconds a lap using ABS to thier limit... and about 6 seconds if i disengage ABS
Old 05-15-2006, 07:46 PM   #11
MIHALS
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by thenumber1
Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
that would be awesome - imagine feeling the car on the point of lock up on the brakes 8)
My thoughts exactly!!

Anyway - the "clutch" function must be also programmed in the game I guess... I mean - there's no clutch in the GT4 - so actually... this gizmo is useless for most of the games, unless they develop a "virtual cluctch"
don't forget the LFS!!! that's the game nearly made for this setup

it's awesome setup, I want to have it
Old 05-16-2006, 09:52 AM   #12
taygunho
Regular User

:shock: This wheel is amazing but I will not change my DFP. If GT5 had clutch and this wheel would be compatible with GT5 I would save money for that wheel.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #13
Knot
Regular User

Waiting for GT5 with clutch support, until then, i say with my GT4 and DFP setup.