Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #16
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
He's ridiculously fast. And in the cockpit of a Ferrari (if they get the new seasons car right), he could be devastating. Language barrier also contributes to western perception of Alonso and propels his "not-a-team-player" stigma, that is perhaps quite overplayed and undeserving.
Language barrier? Alonso speaks better English than most on this forum write.
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #17
frnk
Regular User

I think overall Alonso is by some margin the best driver in F1 today and he deserves to have a car to match his talent, that said, I think he also possesses a power similar to Schumacher to motivate a team and build a solid basis around himself.

Just look at Renault this year, from the awful form at the beginning of the season to back to back wins and I think this trend will probably continue this year. Ultimately Alonso will probably end up at Ferrari because Renault can't match the salaries that Ferrari could offer him, but I think the connection and history Alonso has with Renault makes him very strong even in a slightly sub-par car and it is a little early to completely write off Alonso winning another championship with Renault.
frnk is offline   Reply With Quote