Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #16
tanelvali
Regular User

Bourdais pushed massa further even when massa was right beside him. imagin the consequences if somebody would have been exiting the pits at this moment. good decision from stewards, imho.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #17
bettlejuice
Regular User

bourdais did nothing wrong ... went out of the pits kept his line and massa just moved over him ... this penalty just shows the fia understands ferraris are supposed to win and anyone else who doesnt go that way is instantly wrong
bettlejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #18
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

Originally Posted by bettlejuice View Post
bourdais did nothing wrong ... went out of the pits kept his line and massa just moved over him ... this penalty just shows the fia understands ferraris are supposed to win and anyone else who doesnt go that way is instantly wrong
Hi

Unfortunately this is very much correct. I do not think i will still be watching F1 next year, it becomes a farce. Hamilton penalized for trying to get the place back that Raikkonen took at the start, what on earth is wrong with that???

My recommendation for an amendment to the rules from next season onwards:

At the start, each driver/team must allow any Ferrari to pass and proceed to first and second place respectively before starting to move themselves. So the "race" is in fact between the two Ferraris who are not to be disturbed by any other car (safe distance = half lap) and a second race may be held among the rest of the field, but if a Ferrari shows up from behind it has right of way!

Should a Ferrari fail to finish, a random driver from the field is to be penalized with a drive-through and a 10-place grid penalty for next race.

Should both Ferraris fail often enough to enable another team to get close to winning the championship, said team is to be disqualified on a technicality.

And the name of the series is to be changed to "Formula Ferrari".

Thanh
Thanh-BKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #19
andreas
Regular User

From where i can
download the race?
andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
bettlejuice
Regular User

Originally Posted by andreas View Post
From where i can
download the race?
you can watch highlights on itv website

BKK ..... sad but true...
Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #21
silentm
Regular User

this is getting ridiculous with ferrari, the favor they have with the stewards is just too embarrassing for the sport

still was a nice race to watch
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #22
styla21
Regular User

You guys should form a Mclaren fan club! The penalties awarded - to Massa, and to Hamilton were justified! Hamilton drove like an aggressive twat, and he paid a deserving penalty for it. His comments post race reflected that even he agreed that he had the mistake.

Bourdais's incident requires a bit more time to get my head around, but in the end it was Massa who was spun and gained no advantage, so there is no need to cry fowl.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #23
SHIZL
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
You guys should form a Mclaren fan club! The penalties awarded - to Massa, and to Hamilton were justified! Hamilton drove like an aggressive twat, and he paid a deserving penalty for it. His comments post race reflected that even he agreed that he had the mistake.

Bourdais's incident requires a bit more time to get my head around, but in the end it was Massa who was spun and gained no advantage, so there is no need to cry fowl.
massa gained a advantage through the stewards that is what i am talking about there was no reaason to penalise bourdais for massas agrressive move if u look were massa ended up he wasnt off track he ran into the side of bourdais and somehow massa gained a advantage so u should start a massa defense club cause he continued to drive like a idiot after receiving a drive thru. then passed weber in the pit lane that was a crazy pass that no one mentioned
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:43 PM   #24
bettlejuice
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post

on Hamilton / Kimi incident Lewis was very wide and deserved the drive thru penalty but he never touched any other driver
on Massa / Hamilton incident Felipe actually crashed into the McLaren reversing its direction and making Lewis lose a lotta time waiting for the other drivers to go before resuming the race ... so Felipe deserved more than drive-thru... a stop&go at least
the decision on the Massa / Bourdais incident was just the most shameful of all and the fact that Massa actually was the one who spun it doesn't mean he was right ... he could just take the outer line and he would still in front but choose to crash into Sebastian who got penalized God knows why
Old 10-13-2008, 01:19 AM   #25
blue8
Regular User

Here's a video showing how Hamilton dropped from third to seventh in turn 3. The televised coverage didn't show this.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:23 AM   #26
Mattk
Regular User

Cars exiting the pit lane do have to give precedence to cars on track. The stewards obviously felt that Bourdais was negligent in not allowing the faster Massa by.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:53 AM   #27
nthfinity
Regular User

IMO, Hamilton wasn't making Rookie mistakes by diving into turn 1; when he had that terrible launch, he made sure that the Ferrari's wouldn't finish 1-2 by making sure that neither of them could turn into Turn one. I wouldn't be surprised if he was hoping to take them out of the race altogether.

what a cunt; and doesn't deserve to be in championchip contention with actions like this. It's one thing to defend one's position...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #28
styla21
Regular User

Default Let the stone throwing begin..

Hamilton: Massa deliberately hit me

Lewis Hamilton has accused Felipe Massa of deliberately driving into him at the Japanese Grand Prix.
The title contenders collided on lap two at Fuji, when Massa ran wide going into the chicane, allowing Hamilton to slip past.

But the Ferrari driver then attempted to regain the place at the second part of the corner, hitting Hamilton's left-rear wheel and pushing the McLaren into a spin.

Lewis suggested that his championship rival had made a calculated decision to run into him.

"Felipe hit me off," Hamilton was quoted as saying by The Independent.
"I went on the inside of him and he broke left and hit me pretty hard.
"It was as deliberate as it could be."

But Massa vigorously refuted Hamilton's accusation.
"I did not hit him deliberately," the Brazilian was quoted as saying by the Daily Telegraph.
"I can't believe he sees it that way.
"For me it was just a racing incident but we took the penalty.
"He braked too late and just pushed me off the track.
"I had two wheels in the gravel and couldn't stop the car.
"I have a good relationship with Lewis and I will not do something to destroy something by purpose."

Massa was given a drive-through penalty for the incident, with Hamilton receiving the same punishment for his own antics at the start, where he had pushed both Ferraris wide in a late-braking bid to pass leader Kimi Raikkonen.

While Massa charged back into the points and finished seventh, Hamilton could only recover to 12th, reducing the championship gap between them to just five points.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #29
Mattk
Regular User

A bit ungracious of Hamilton. He was wronged, but Massa copped an appropriate penalty for it. That's fair.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #30
arguapacha
Regular User

Both drivers deserved that penalty. Hamilton... well, no comments... Massa could have avoided contact, I think... but I do not know how much grip is there when half of your car is in the grass.
arguapacha is offline   Reply With Quote