Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Realistic my ass

Especially when i've got to change tires 2x as often as the competition and a .1 camber change in any directions makes the car steer like a fucking brick

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

with or without a wheel?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Re: Realistic my ass

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Especially when i've got to change tires 2x as often as the competition and a .1 camber change in any directions makes the car steer like a fucking brick
the competition doesn't go balls out through any of the corners, also... a stratagy is you learn what tires match with each other... mediums up front, and softs in the rear... a lot of factors make a difference.

and realistic? no
Old 03-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I'm in the World Championship with the Black Nissan RCP 92. I was pulling away at a rate of 1sec/lap on the Twin Ring Motegi until i had to change tires on lap 8 and dropped to 5th, came out 25 sec down. I'm on the Racing softs.

RC, due to the configuration of my room i can't set up my wheel. I really haven't been able to properly set it up since i got it :cry:

Old 03-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
Vansquish
Regular User

^^ Well there's your problem. You're running a tire that needs changing more often. I found that running Hard or Super Hard tires meant that I could keep pace with the competition by driving a bit more balls-out, while also being able to keep on pace with the rest of the competition and their pit-stop strategy. The real trick is to be able to use RM tires just drive very smoothly and efficiently to preserve the tire life. If you do, you'll be both challenged, and surprised by how much smoothness can improve the life of the tires...so in that particular aspect, it's fairly realistic.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i think i tried RM's on the opening circuit and got my ass thoroughly handed to me

Old 03-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

i think i tried RM's on the opening circuit and got my ass thoroughly handed to me
the group C cars wear through tires way too quickly.

i forget which races you win in order to get the F1 car, but that really is the car to use against the group C cars... full round RM tires unchangable, unfortunately.... but more d/f, lighter, and less tire ware... it's just easier
Old 03-05-2007, 01:17 AM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

i forget which races you win in order to get the F1 car, but that really is the car to use against the group C cars... full round RM tires unchangable, unfortunately.... but more d/f, lighter, and less tire ware... it's just easier
I think it's the Nurburgring 24hr Race

Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 AM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

I think it's the Nurburgring 24hr Race
which = easy

first, you run fast rubber, get yourself a pit stop ahead (should only take 1 lap... ) then go to sleep and run all hard rubber for longer track stays, and put it on (3x) speed, and by the time you get off work, you'll have the F1 car
Old 03-05-2007, 01:45 AM   #10
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i got the F1 car ages ago just didn't think to use it predictable as they are, they are, i pitted on lap 7, dropped to 5th, they all pitted on 8 and i reclaimed up to 3rd. passed the new front runners in the back esses before the double apex to start/finish on R246

On to Twin Ring