Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 12-15-2004, 12:01 AM   #46
RC45
Regular User

How is a 6600rpm+ red line 7l V8 a "lazy" engine?

I wish people would discuss from a point of knowledge rather than a point of view... :roll:

And as for handling- I LOVE it when this discussion comes up, and I am running around on the 2001 version of the leaf spring with 11" wide rear tyres... and am able to hold my own very well thank you... the extra inch in tyre width will aid in putting the power down and generating even more insane levels of grip.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:19 AM   #47
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

And as for handling- I LOVE it when this discussion comes up, and I am running around on the 2001 version of the leaf spring with 11" wide rear tyres... and am able to hold my own very well thank you... the extra inch in tyre width will aid in putting the power down and generating even more insane levels of grip.

That's the same leaf spring from the horse and buggy days, right? Wrong. This leaf spring is made out of high tech plastic so it will not wear out fast like a metal spring and it is a single leaf besides. I love it when people compare a $55.000 USD American car to a $160.000 foreign car..
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:39 AM   #48
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by astonmartinandy
Originally Posted by hemi_fan
Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
the Ferrari has teh badge the passion and also the speed the technology while the Vette has leaf springs and plastic bumpers
What do leaf springs and plasitc bumpers have to do with anything!?! If it aint broke... dont fix it.
How can you say that? If everybody had that attitude there would be no progression nor development because it's simply "working fine" today.

As for the 'Vette, it does seem like a modern classic American muscle car with the big lazy V8 and ridiculously cheap price, but, 1) Won't tyres that wide hamper rather than aid the handling of car (not to mention the suspension) and 2) I appreciate that they did not want to "strain" the engine, but surely 71 bhp/litre is just woefully inefficent compared with the F430 (112 bhp/litre)
1) yes, wider tyres on the front will numb out the steering feel alittle, but that should be counter out abit by the front mounted big blocks.

2) Why do we have to go over the HP thingy over and over again. HP is a rating of work done...thus, distance is part of the equation. The fact that Ferrari engine has a higher RPM will mean that it will for sure produce more HP/L. It is torque over the rev band that matters in acceleration.

3) I really don't know the efficiency, but I am quite sure that this block will sustain more abuse than the Ferrari for sure.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:38 PM   #49
nthfinity
Regular User

well, it officially has broken cover! cant waite for another 12 days or so until NAIAS!!!!

Old 12-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #50
RC45
Regular User

I hope some one has a pop-up headlight mod and an FRC replacement for the ugly hatch-back glass.....
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:35 PM   #51
StanAE86
Regular User

More C6 Z06 Pics...Diesel Station...rock on!

http://www.dieselstation.com/archive...rvette-C6-Z06/
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #52
tekwar
Regular User

The car looks a whole lot better than its predecessor. For some reason though the front reminds me of a ferrari, maybe its the lights.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #53
StanAE86
Regular User

I actually liked the older one better. I liked it wider and lower. It looks taller and narrower now (at least the back). The headlights are really the only part I don't like...reminds me more of the Mitsu 3000GT than a Modena...
Old 01-11-2005, 05:30 AM   #54
dingo
Regular User

I don't spend to much time in this section, so not sure if these high-res pics are new or not but I'll give you the link anyway:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...rvette-Z06.htm