Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion

Old 09-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Zonda^
Regular User

Default tiff to try the ccr

according to koenigsegg tiff was going to be the first journalist to try out the ccr. what happened to that?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
Anonymous

Cool, i expect it to return around october, some awesome cars to come!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:41 PM   #3
racer_f50
Regular User

that'd be the boost that 5th Gear really needs

Think he'll be able to drift like usual with 800hp?
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
mhn3773
Regular User

Originally Posted by racer_f50
do bears shit in the woods ?

I'm sure anyone who could handle the power / weight ratio of a f1 car can handle any road car no matter how much power ... the real question is did koenigsegg build a car with a decent setup that allows itself to be driven like that
mhn3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

Where did you take this information ? I hope to see it in the next 5th Gear season
Old 09-12-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
Originally Posted by racer_f50
do bears shit in the woods ?

I'm sure anyone who could handle the power / weight ratio of a f1 car can handle any road car no matter how much power ... the real question is did koenigsegg build a car with a decent setup that allows itself to be driven like that
In the words of my dad's Japanese secretary, " *air-sucking noise*, Gudohman san, what is a dobear?"

Anyway, I imagine with hands like Tiff's, the CCR will be quite driftable, if not as beautifully controlled as some of the others he's driven.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #7
gucom
Regular User

in the evo test of the CCR they also mentioned that jeremy clarkson tested the CCR, havent see nanything of that yet either...i wanna see both shows testing it
Old 09-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #8
Anonymous

Originally Posted by gucom
in the evo test of the CCR they also mentioned that jeremy clarkson tested the CCR, havent see nanything of that yet either...i wanna see both shows testing it

oooooh never heard that, maybe they held it back from last series due to his back injury, or maybe it just wasn't filmed for instance i remember he tested the CGT well before we saw it on top gear Hope its in the next series of six eps anyway
Old 09-12-2005, 07:53 PM   #9
gigdy
Regular User

did anyone read the original post? I guess not. So ill try to rephrase the question. It was rumored that Tiff would be one of the first journalists to drive the ccr. Why wasnt he or does any one know if he did?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
Anonymous

Originally Posted by gigdy
did anyone read the original post? I guess not. So ill try to rephrase the question. It was rumored that Tiff would be one of the first journalists to drive the ccr. Why wasnt he or does any one know if he did?
i interpreted as what happened to that meaning "did it already air" kid of question, i would expect it to be in the next series, they don't just announce someone will test it forno reason i guess
Old 09-12-2005, 08:44 PM   #11
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
i interpreted as what happened to that meaning "did it already air" kid of question, i would expect it to be in the next series, they don't just announce someone will test it forno reason i guess
I think the real question is "Did Jeremy and Tiff test the CCR for Top Gear and Fifth Gear, respectively, or was it a private testing?"
Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #12
Anonymous

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
I think the real question is "Did Jeremy and Tiff test the CCR for Top Gear and Fifth Gear, respectively, or was it a private testing?"
yeh i already said something similar earlier, often the eary tests don't seem to get filmed top gear especially often wait for the manufacturer to give them a car to take to their track and don;t film the early press launches/ previews you see in their newspaper column's and top gear mag. Not sure if tiff writes for a magazine tho
Old 10-25-2005, 02:40 AM   #13
levensnevel
Regular User

Well Zonda,

think we now know what Tiff's verdict is:
:shock: a bucket on ballbearings :shock:

@ AL123

I tend to disagree with you on that one.
To be quite frank I can't remenber any footage of TG presenters actually slipping and sliding in factory supplied 'super' cars for quite some time now. When they 'test' a supercar on their track it is nearly always a privately owned one.

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:58 AM   #14
Anonymous

Originally Posted by levensnevel
Well Zonda,

think we now know what Tiff's verdict is:
:shock: a bucket on ballbearings :shock:

@ AL123

I tend to disagree with you on that one.
To be quite frank I can't remenber any footage of TG presenters actually slipping and sliding in factory supplied 'super' cars for quite some time now. When they 'test' a supercar on their track it is nearly always a privately owned one.
well the enzo was privately owned, not sure about the CGT, SLR etc...... who knows my point was that they don't film press launches that often they seem to prefer waiting to get hold of one that they can give the full treatment, including stig test
Old 10-25-2005, 09:57 AM   #15
chest3r
Regular User

When JC tested the SLR, he burned a lot of rubber. I remember seeing it but I'm not sure if it was on TG or in his last DVD.

they seem to prefer waiting to get hold of one that they can give the full treatment, including stig test
And that's much better! 8) But if would have a supercar I wouldn't let them drive it. Look what happened with the Koenigsegg CCR in 5th Gear :roll: