Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #166
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by ViperASR
173 mph in the top of 5th at 6700? wherever OEM is set to.

Find me one of it's competitors who pulls with 340 ft. lbs. at redline at 170+ mph. The porsche would touch 180ish, the Ferrari 360 180 ish, and anything lesser 150ish...

slower top speed perhaps, but greater abilities on the track compared to the Ferrari, and the range of 911's until the GT3.
Not everyone cares how much faster their car is around the Nurburgring then you car, especially when you have to live with it everyday. Jeremy Clakson even made a joke about people like that in his Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder review.

Speaking of Clarkson, he even said that the Z06 would be a bad car to have everyday. His opinion is close to mine about the Z06, one hellova great car, but not for me or him everyday.
would you appreciate an unbiased review of somebody who has a C6 Z06, and uses it as a daily driver in the rough riding roads of Michigan?
Its all up to personal preference though. I have friends get in my car and complain about how low it is and how rough the suspension is. I don't notice that stuff anymore, so it dosnt bother me driving that kind of car around everyday. I havnt driven a C6 Zo6 yet, but from what I have heard, the suspension is pretty rough. Im working on getting a ride/drive though, as one of my dads business partners just bought one

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #167
RC45
Regular User

Im working on getting a ride/drive though, as one of my dads business partners just bought one
Better yet, why not just walk up to him and tell him his car is a slow, bad handling, junky, poorly built piece of trash

let us know how that goes
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #168
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by RC45
Im working on getting a ride/drive though, as one of my dads business partners just bought one
Better yet, why not just walk up to him and tell him his car is a slow, bad handling, junky, poorly built piece of trash

If he are anything like you he will probably kill him, if he is normal he will laugh and take it as a joke...
However if Viper is anything like you, we will all know it wasn't meant as joke.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #169
nthfinity
Regular User

173 mph in the top of 5th at 6700? wherever OEM is set to.

Find me one of it's competitors who pulls with 340 ft. lbs. at redline at 170+ mph. The porsche would touch 180ish, the Ferrari 360 180 ish, and anything lesser 150ish...

slower top speed perhaps, but greater abilities on the track compared to the Ferrari, and the range of 911's until the GT3.
Not everyone cares how much faster their car is around the Nurburgring then you car, especially when you have to live with it everyday. Jeremy Clakson even made a joke about people like that in his Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder review.

Speaking of Clarkson, he even said that the Z06 would be a bad car to have everyday. His opinion is close to mine about the Z06, one hellova great car, but not for me or him everyday.
would you appreciate an unbiased review of somebody who has a C6 Z06, and uses it as a daily driver in the rough riding roads of Michigan?
Its all up to personal preference though. I have friends get in my car and complain about how low it is and how rough the suspension is. I don't notice that stuff anymore, so it dosnt bother me driving that kind of car around everyday. I havnt driven a C6 Zo6 yet, but from what I have heard, the suspension is pretty rough. Im working on getting a ride/drive though, as one of my dads business partners just bought one
how about a comparison to a NSX and Carrera GT and F430 (spyder) in terms of the car's handling, and suspension feel? might that validate the car's abilities and feel in a reader's (such as you) mind?
Old 01-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #170
RC45
Regular User

If he are anything like you he will probably kill him, if he is normal he will laugh and take it as a joke...
However if Viper is anything like you, we will all know it wasn't meant as joke.
LOL yeah I am known for being serious.....you really nail them one after another dont you RC....
Don't try backpedal now.. you are not going to try and now say "this whole time I was just joking" - because we all know were not.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #171
nthfinity
Regular User

Brembo,

Is there a reason you don't like the Z06?

I don't like the McLAren F1 because its a shoddy handler (objective) that was touted as the ultimate fanboy car (subjective), and ultimately didn't deliver to those who know; ugly (subjective), and is the ultimate in hipocracy of the european expressed opinion (good through great handling, with minimal needed power). (subjective and objective)
Old 01-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #172
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ You drive an Audi RS2, nice car that 8)
Old 01-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #173
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
/\/\ You drive an Audi RS2, nice car that 8)
Well most people wouldnt know that as I havnt preached it some does, and most people might not even know what it is...
The father to the current fast Audi's if you ask me. Audi working together with Porsche, thats a great combination!

Fast car back then, fast car even by todays standards!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #174
sentra_dude

how about a comparison to a NSX and Carrera GT and F430 (spyder) in terms of the car's handling, and suspension feel? might that validate the car's abilities and feel in a reader's (such as you) mind?
Please inform us...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #175
ViperASR
Regular User

I would also like to point out (again), as Brembo just has that we never said the Z06 was utter crap. We are just pointing out that the car has flaws that deter us from liking the car as much as sum people here do. We have both stated that we have respect for the power and the handling of the car.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #176
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by tforth
Considering the C5 Coupe has a large glass hatch, and the C5 Z06 has the very same profile as Convertible with Hardtiop and an actual trunk - the car is quite distinct.
So, are you saying that this body shell wasn't available with the 'garden engine'. I'm pretty sure I knew a guy who bought one, when they were new.

Another thing I was surprised to read, was that the official top speed for the C5 Z06 was only 176 mph (limited by redline in 5th). That's quite a bit slower than its competition, isn't it?
The Z06 shaped Vette with the garden variety engine would be the Fixed Roof Coupe (FRC). There are a few exterior details that sets it apart from the Z06 though.

I just want everyone to know that this thread has baby jesus in tears. Also, given where I live, if I had to choose between the Z06 and RS4 as a daily driver, the choice is easy. RS4 for the win. Not that I wouldn't mind owning a Z06.
That means you are willing to spend the entire summer driving an overweight pig?

BTW the FRC was on sale in 1999 and 2000, and came with the 345bhp LS1, only black interior, only stick shift, power drivers and manual passanger seat (it's a sports car after all and weight savings is the goal), Z51 suspension, lighter thinner front and rear glass... pretty much the performance Corvette of the day.

Notice I said "given where I live". IF I had to choose one, then yes, I'd happily spend my summer driving an overwieght pig. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean I have to agree. Complete opposite actually, I'd love to have one.
I'm not dissing the Z06, I'd love to have one of them as well. If I were in the position to do so, I'd have both.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #177
RC45
Regular User

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean I have to agree.
And vice versa... BTW there is no need to get angrily defensive - I'm not brembo or everso. And don't believe I have ever derided or attacked you and have no reason to. BEsides - the majority of my response was for tforth - so sorry for getting you in the cross fire

Complete opposite actually, I'd love to have one.
I'm not dissing the Z06, I'd love to have one of them as well. If I were in the position to do so, I'd have both.
But not everyone is in the position to have both - and I know a number of folks who would rather have an allout sports car for summer, and a pickup for winter

because being at the back of the pack on summer fun runs.. is no fun
Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #178
666fast
Regular User

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean I have to agree.
And vice versa... BTW there is no need to get angrily defensive - I'm not brembo or everso. And don't believe I have ever derided or attacked you and have no reason to. BEsides - the majority of my response was for tforth - so sorry for getting you in the cross fire

Complete opposite actually, I'd love to have one.
But not everyone is in the position to have both - and I know a number of folks who would rather have an allout sports car for summer, and a pickup for winter

because being at the back of the pack on summer fun runs.. is no fun
I'm not getting angry, far from it. I tend not to angry with people over the internets, waste of time IMO!
If I were angry, I'm sure I could have come up with something a little more condescending and insulting!
I'm a firm believer on spending your money however you see fit, as far as I'm concerned, it's no one elses business to question it. You know, unless they are buying drugs and such.

Either way, in the grand scheme of things, 70k is a lot of money, whether you spend it on an RS4 or Vette. My thoughts are this: Buy the RS4 because it can do everything and anything I need it to do (including winter driving) all the while still being plenty quick for fun summer days. It could even be fun on a track day.
Hell, how many junker VW GTI's are being flogged at auto crosses and track days on any given day? A whole lot of them, I personally know 6 different guys all with Mk1 GTI's. Just because it isn't the fastest thing on wheels surely doesn't mean it isn't fun, same goes for the RS4.

However, if I lived in an area that allowed me to use a Z06 as a daily driver, then yes, it would be mighty tempting. Not that it matters though, as I'll never live in an area that will allow that. Snowboarding trumps owning fancy cars every day of the week for me.

Again, it was never my intention to get angrily defensive. My apologies if it came across that way.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #179
RC45
Regular User

Again, it was never my intention to get angrily defensive. My apologies if it came across that way.
No - my apologies..
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #180
nthfinity
Regular User

Brembo,

Is there a reason you don't like the Z06?

I don't like the McLAren F1 because its a shoddy handler (objective) that was touted as the ultimate fanboy car (subjective), and ultimately didn't deliver to those who know; ugly (subjective), and is the ultimate in hipocracy of the european expressed opinion (good through great handling, with minimal needed power). (subjective and objective)

Hey nice to see a reply that doesnt involve insults as a startup.....

Well I actually like the Z06.... :shock:.....I know....

The thing is I really like the Z06 and respect it tremendously for what it can do on a track both the C5 and the C6.
I have watched quite alot of RC`s vids and the sound of his car are pure pleasure to my ears....
As an track car I think its a great car I dont belive the gearbox are the greatest, and I know the ride can be alittle harsh...(not from JC or other car journalist, but from a friend of mine who had the pleasure of driving one quite alot)...

The far most reason I end up in arguments about the Z06 are not because I am an idiot who think its American therby cant take a turn, its when someone try and make it out to be something its not...
Its a great fast car, but its not a low gas milage car...compared to other cars with high powered engines it is decent,but not low in the real sense of the word, its a two seater so its not practical pr definiton of practical and so on...
The Z06 have so much going for it in the performance department theres no need trying to make it out like it have a great interior as we know thats wrong, its ok but nothing more......

I appriciate a fast car as I own one wich by some standards can be considered fast at least when it came 12 years ago...
So I understand where RC are coming from when he preach the Z06`s greatnes, but when he try and make it out to something its not I will get in his face, and when someone always try and put in a comment about how great something are, myself and alot of people get feed up with it...

I dont know what car you drive infhinity maybe you know what car I drive maybe not,but most people on JW doesnt know what car I drive, while everyone on JW know what RC drives and his car are a "one in a million" car compared to mine I dont feel the need to scream look at me and my car.....like it seem RC need to do...
As I said eralier in this thread the Z06`s worst enemy are not us who like Euro cars, its RC.....

I agree with you on the macca tough....
:Twisted:

about RC... I know where he's coming from by a great margin... it only took a year to weed out most of the "corvette is american, no way it can handle" crowed; and they still pop up every so often.

Then there are the "its american, it can't possibly be quality" crowed; which again is a farce at best... and they are still running rampant spreading heresay without so much as a shred of knowledge... after working for a supplier, we supply anybody who thinks our bids are the best... we make quality (and/or shit) material for any and all of the companies from Germany to Japan to Korea and the USA... to think that Germany's fake brushed alluminum interior trim is any better then the crap that is in the Lincoln zypher is a farce.... besides shape... its the same material, and same fit and finish.... just for a good example. Wear and tear is no different.... you'll find plenty of Florida cars with cracking dashboards... but not even VW accurately model that.

for example, some people don't care for their car in the Florida sun.. roll up the windows, and let 'er bake in excess of 200 F, open the doors, roll down the windows, and crank the A/C on..... you can see where i'm going... even VW's, Audi's, BMW's, and any fool stupid enough wiht a Ferrari, or Maybach will have the same problem before much of the term of lease/ownership has passed.

some cars are good in some areas, and shit in others... this is true in VW, Audi, Chevy, Chrysler, and Ford etc. etc. etc. building to a price has it's drawbacks; but also makes for a more affordable car where at the end of the day the car isn't hiding behind fake appointments, it is just what it is.

BTW, Tiff's RS2 video was one of the first TG videos i had ever seen, and wondered why such an amazing ride wasn't available here... pitty, it is damn cool (i've known you've had the RS since i was a 7 post n00b here )