Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 12-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
Zot09
Regular User

Default 2006 Acura TSX

NEW PICS ON PAGE 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a few of you have known, I have been in the market for a new car for a while. I had a 2006 Nighthawk Black Pearl Acura TSX 5AT Non-Navi, but found out that I would be giving my car away to my younger cousin. After searching around and doing some test driving, I had narrowed my choices down to the 325i, IS250, and another TSX w/ Navi. Well, it came time to get a new car last week, and I decided on...

Another TSX! What can I say, I love this car! It has enough power for me where I won't get myself into trouble, and it handles pretty well for a FWD Sedan. Not to mention, you really can't beat the price. I was very close to purchasing an E90 325i, which is a freaking awesome car, but realized I didn't need a 40k car at my age; I should be, and am, happy enough with a 30k car. My mother, uncle, and I headed up to Sunnyvale Acura on the 16th of December to get the new car. We were thinking about getting a 2007, until we saw the last 2006 on the lot. It was a Alabaster Silver Metallic w/ Ebony interior 5AT Navi TSX. We went inside and talked about a deal, and they offered us 4.2k off MSRP for the 06, so we took it. I had my mind set on another Nighthawk Black Pearl or a Carbon Grey Pearl, but the more I look at my ASM TSX, the more I like it. Plus, I really don't feel like washing the car every week!

I was supposed to have a photoshoot with my friends E46, but he couldn't do it because a service engine light came on in his car. So I went out today to take some quick shots; I'll have a better, more professional, photoshoot soon(w/ a cleaner car lol ops: ). So here are some of the quick pictures!

First, the custom shot of course:

Here is a shot of the Multi-Information Display right when I was about to drive her home from the dealer(she had 13 miles on her when I got there, and I put 7 on her during a test drive).

Here she is right outside the dealership. I'm about to drive her home =) (The Xenons appear pretty yellow...I think it's because of the flash)

Just a random shot of the navi-screen while at Chevron...I love it! hahaha

Mods? Well, I just bought the Harman/Kardon Drive + Play iPod system for my car, so I will be installing that soon. I'm also thinking about a tint, perhaps 35% on all the windows except the windshield. I will also mod my two piece key into the brand new 2007 Acura TL flipkey. I'm also thinking about getting a Valentine 1 w/ Invisicord. Then what else...hmmm, oh yeah, a UC Irvine license plate frame...lol That should easily take a whole second off my 0-60 time.

What else I would like to do, but won't do soon, is get a set of Tein Coilovers w/ EDFC, 18" Volk or BBS rims, and an Injen Intake.

I've had her for a little over a week, and I already have around 570 miles on her lol

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Happy New Year everybody!

Last edited by TT; 02-07-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Zot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

Looking good! I would have loved to have such a car at 19!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

Nice car Zot09 Congratulations

Man I envy you buying a brand new car i mean the fact of buying a new car... new car's interior smell, untouched paint etc. if I'd have to choose I am not sure what car would it be thou :bah:

Btw its a Honda Accord here

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Looking good! I would have loved to have such a car at 19!
Thanks a lot! And I would love to own a Ferrari at 32!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #5
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN

Man I envy you buying a brand new car i mean the fact of buying a new car... new car's interior smell, untouched paint etc. if I'd have to choose I am not sure what car would it be thou :bah:

Thanks a lot Arman! Your Bimmer is not that shabby either, it's an awesome car!

And yeah, I know it's just a fixed up/rebadged Honda Accord ops: lol
Old 12-25-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09
Originally Posted by ARMAN

Thanks a lot Arman! Your Bimmer is not that shabby either, it's an awesome car!

And yeah, I know it's just a fixed up/rebadged Honda Accord ops: lol
Isn't is funny, the difference between a Euro Accord and a US Accord. One's an interesting car to drive and the other (the latter) is a fridge on four wheels - snoozeville! The TSX I can even contemplate buying. An Accord never!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:37 PM   #7
T-Bird
Regular User

well the TSX actually shares most of the mechanical bits with the Type-R version of the Accord especially in 6MT trim. I would however be careful with the TEINS because we had one in the shop that blew both rears on his 05 with the setup you mentioned. I would recommend dropping the Vtec from 6K to maybe 4.5 or even 3k (makes a world of difference) and for an intake I would recommend either the V2 or the Comptech (they sound better and perform better). Just my opinion though
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #8
5vz-fe
Regular User

Hey T-Bird...dropping the Vtec to 3k wouldn't it affect the fuel consumption by quite a bit?
Old 12-26-2006, 01:07 AM   #9
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
well the TSX actually shares most of the mechanical bits with the Type-R version of the Accord especially in 6MT trim. I would however be careful with the TEINS because we had one in the shop that blew both rears on his 05 with the setup you mentioned. I would recommend dropping the Vtec from 6K to maybe 4.5 or even 3k (makes a world of difference) and for an intake I would recommend either the V2 or the Comptech (they sound better and perform better). Just my opinion though
It would be pretty awesome dropping the VTEC a bit. How would I go about doing that? I know Hondata has an ECU remap that drops the VTEC to 4.5k, but wouldn't that void my warranty?
Old 12-26-2006, 01:18 AM   #10
T-Bird
Regular User

well fuel consumption would drop but not by too much because under normal driving the car would shift before that in the Autocars. And the Hondata reflash would be very hard to find out about. The technician would have to actually get into the computer to do that, so as long as nothing major goes wrong with the car you will be fine. We have let people get away with alot of things in my shop hell we warranty one guys car that has every bolt on imagineable including a VAFC, complete exhaust minus the cat he deleted and an intake manifold and V2 intake. The VAFC is another way of changing the Vtec point on demand and it controls the Air Fuel mixtures and you can always unplug that and then bam ECU is stock again. to be honest with you I really don't think you would have any trouble with a reflashed ECU.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:01 AM   #11
ae86_16v
Regular User

Zot, quick question for you, this is the same car as your old one why did you replace it again?
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:18 AM   #12
T-Bird
Regular User

well the full EDM conversion is quite easy including the lights and badges/grill I actually plan on doing it when it gets the K23 in it. As for the lights they are quite bright already and I wouldn't recommend messing with them since they have problems burning out the inverters already.sadly it is still using only Xenon lows and halogen highs.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #13
TopGearNL
Regular User

Very nice car!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #14
mit5005
Regular User

Congrats man, very nice car. My aunt has one of these and I love it.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:28 AM   #15
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Zot, quick question for you, this is the same car as your old one why did you replace it again?
My younger cousin just got his license, so we decided to give him my car and that I would get another car. I chose the TSX again because it is just a great, well balanced(price and performance wise) car.

I was going to test drive the A4 just like everyone suggested, but I didn't find the time to do it. I really do like the design of the car, the quattro, etc. It really is a great overall car, it is just that I heard a few bad things pertaining to Audi's reliability. Besides that, it really is an awesome car.

The IS250 was another nice car I was considering. It was super comfortable, and well designed but the handling was a bit too soft and the auto transmission's manual mode was practically another auto mode, unlike in the TSX where the car will not upshift for you, only downshift when your RPM's get too low.

The 3-series was another car that I considered. Like I stated earlier, I came pretty close to getting a Silver 325i w/ ZSP, STEP, Adaptive Xenons, and Leather at the BMW dealership in Fremont, but backed out after giving it some thought.

If I were to have got a car over 35k, it would have been the 3-series for sure. But Like I stated earlier, the TSX is just a great balance of price, features, and performance and that is why I chose it again.