Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 02-22-2007, 10:41 PM   #46
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou
Isnt the Point of Top Gear Average guys driving super cars and writing talking about there opinions..
Agreed
If clarkson is a crap driver and is able to hold a race car driver in a lambo while driving a Evo and his an average guy ... that.. to me is impressive.
have you ever done track driving? Also, that 400 hp evo weighs less then the Murciealgo, and ultimately, weight has a lot to do with track abilities.

His input about cars are real...
sometimes
i had a 1990 180sx.. The stuff used in the car is cheap early 1990's technology it was crap.. cloth that is used to carry potato's in the back of a horse carriage. Plastic all over.. but... regardless of that.. It was a fantastic car to drive. awsome handling nice sound..
WTF? who cares? go write a review in the JW review section

and thats what clarkson does, gives a honest average Joe's opinion. Liking it or not is upto you .. But coming on here and bitching about the guy is completly stupid and very childish.
LMAO at thinking Jezza is average joe LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HE doesn't even try to come accross as "joe" except in absurdity and jest.

what have we learnt:
???
JC is a Average Joe.
Far from it... in fact, he never was, even as a child.

JC gives HIS own honest opinion
I would argue he gives his honest bias You are in the 7 of 47 poll minority there d00d.
JC is a average driver
He's likely better then average, far from good

JC Has his tv show which non of us do.
he's a great TV personality, he worked from the ground up to where he is now, and has earned his place in automotive pop culture

JC doesnt care what you and me think of him.

Pok
don't care, and I'm just bringing Jabbasworld the story behind the well known stories.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #47
nthfinity
Regular User

as I have long been saying, I am who I say I am, and know who I say I know

this topic has run it's course
Old 02-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #48
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by nthfinity
as I have long been saying, I am who I say I am, and know who I say I know

this topic has run it's course
Yes you might do that, and from what I know you do, but dont expect me to agree with everything you say just because....

now it have run its course....

again, I'm not asking for agreeing with my opinions. Maybe something is lost in translation. But when i bring stories, they are the word of those who are the absolute authority one way or another.

The vector posts i started making nearly a year ago... notice how much "trouble" that stirred up, yet it ends up being me who is right, and they all took note. Some people haven't... time and time again...
C6 SS bottom end issues... you heard it here first (and possibly only here)
V6 Solstice confirmed here, and only here... as a one off prototype, and not a production car, nor future production car
300 hp turbo solstice GXP in 2008... heard it here first
Baja Truck.... heard it here first

the list goes on and on with no falshoods, streatches, or outright lies.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #49
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by nthfinity

again, I'm not asking for agreeing with my opinions. Maybe something is lost in translation. But when i bring stories, they are the word of those who are the absolute authority one way or another.
Well I highly doubt that your sources are the "absolute authority" on if JC can drive or not, or if he is an total asshole or not, or if he are an idiot when hes not happy with his car.....they are one side of the story he are the other....
the are the absolute athorities on what happened in thier interactions with Jezza. So far, 3/3 say he's an asshole that I've met. I haven't met him. You already heard the other side of the story on Top gear, thanks to my buddies, you have heard another side.