Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 12-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
LEXION
Regular User

Default Kid Wrecks his Dads 430

Miraculously the kid and his buddy are not dead....although the kid may wish he was. Brand new 200,000 dollar car with like 100 miles. He was tearing through a neighborhood at 90mph and hit a tree and the a brick wall.

http://www.thewolfweb.com/message_to...x?topic=507055
http://www.fairviewfd.com/index.php?...view_album.php

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

"Yo Bro... that didn't happen when we tried the same move in PGR4? WTF!!11!111"

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

^lol.....the damage seems much more excessive than that in Forza!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
MIHALS
Regular User

oops, shit happens... old pappa wil buy us anotherone. just f*ck it, lets have a snack
Old 12-20-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

See, if I ever get a supercar. I'd make sure that my never knows that I have one.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
MIHALS
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
See, if I ever get a supercar. I'd make sure that my never knows that I have one.
don't worry, when I have kids, I'll be smacking their hands if they'll be touching my scale models collection
Old 12-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

See, just solve the problem by encouraing your kid to enjoy the car - then as soon as they can reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel teach them to drive it - take them to the race track so that the thought of a "joy ride" is a joke
Old 12-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
chest3r
Regular User

That's a serious crash!!

Electronics doesn't work all the time! If you really can't drive, you're gonna crash !
Old 12-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
See, just solve the problem by encouraing your kid to enjoy the car - then as soon as they can reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel teach them to drive it - take them to the race track so that the thought of a "joy ride" is a joke
Or just keep the keys in your pocket. What, will they jump start it? If you let your kid drive the car before any car driving classes, he will get very sure of him, that he can drive everything......and that leads to this.

All at their time.....computer at the age of 10, internet at the age of 16, mobile phone at 17, license at 18, car at 19

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
Old 12-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LEXION View Post
Or just keep the keys in your pocket. What, will they jump start it? If you let your kid drive the car before any car driving classes, he will get very sure of him, that he can drive everything......and that leads to this.
Wrong - letting and teaching your kid to drive "before any driving classes" is the best thing you can do... please explain to me ONE positive result form "a general license driving class"?

You are not taught anything meaningful - If I want my daughter to "learn" anything about driving, it will from Skip Barber or Bob Bondurant or some other winning championship accredited race car driving school - not some barely employed bum with a clip board and a 1.1l diesel econobox during 8 45 minute sessions once every 3 weeks on a Tuesday (not including vacations , bank and state holidays)

Originally Posted by LEXION View Post
All at their time.....computer at the age of 10, internet at the age of 16, mobile phone at 17, license at 18, car at 19
The problem with that system is that for 8 years they have uncontrolled fantasy freedom which cannot be undone by a few classes - which leads to the pictures in this topic.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #11
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Wrong - letting and teaching your kid to drive "before any driving classes" is the best thing you can do... please explain to me ONE positive result form "a general license driving class"?

I was saying that from the kids point of view, meaning, I was one of those kids tought to drive since 14 years old, when I had 16 years, I had such good self confidence that I can drive, and my dad was so pleased with me , that he let me drive alone one of our cars, on a country road, while he was in front with the other car, at one point, he braked , because a carriage was in front of him, I assumed he would go again, he didint, i braked late, and hit his car, ruining our 2 cars. And because of that confidence in my great driving skills, I failed the first test for driving license on the truck...which I had to take again......So, I dont think driving while your in dipers is the best thing you can teach your kids......all at their time, its never to late, but often its to early for some things

edit: the answer went a bit wrong there......I have nothing against good driving schools and anything you said, only at father teaching son how to drive, before he can even understand what driving is

Last edited by LEXION; 12-20-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #12
pilotvtm
Regular User

If he was ok after the crash his dad kill him
LOL
pilotvtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #13
acmarttin
Regular User

I remember my dad's face when he found out I popped the tire on his truck "4x4ing" in the irrigation ditch when I was 16.

I can't even imagine the conversation that takes place after this one. Kid is probably so g'damned spoiled he'll whine it off.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #14
JoeHahn
Regular User

Now we know why they dont put damage in GT games, if you touch a wall in a Ferrari it turns into a fireball. Given this accident was a bit more than a "touch"
Old 12-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #15
e46drew
Regular User

Why is it that all crashed farraris go up in smoke??!!??!!

they arnt just crashed and then repairable! they freeken!!! burn to the freeken groud!!!!

one day I hope to buy a used one, but at this pace there wont be any!!!!!

e46drew is offline   Reply With Quote