Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Default The first pics of a rallying ferrari 360 in Spain

It was spread in some forums that the 7 times spanish rallying champion Chus Puras (also he won a grN world championship, a rally in the Tour de Corse in a Xsara WRC, and he was a works driver in Mazda in the WRC some years ago) was going to develop a ferrari 360 CS for rallying, and at the beginning I didnt believe it

But it seems that its true:

In addition, its said that Joan Vinyes; one of the best drivers that you can find in every speciality whatever the speciality is; rallying on tarmac, on gravel, on snow, hillclimb, racetrack champion....and very experienced on the ferrari 360 CS on racetrack...is going to test and improve the ferrari as well; which means that the team is very ambicious, and theyll probably set up the best 360 for rallying in Europe

At the end of the day, it seems that there are more and more GT cars trying to take part in the national championship

Here we go the other GT cars that take part in the Spanish Rallying championship

- Two 911 GT3 taking part in the spanish rallying in this moment

Sergio Vallejo

Eloy Entrecanales

- An Ex-Prodrive Aston Martin Vantage waiting to be hired; the car is in Catalonia

And finally, it seems that another car preparer, Antonio Zanini has bought a porsche 911 in order to set-up and rent it.

On the other hand, it seems that Nissan Motorsport Spain is interested in launching a Nissan 350Z if everything is going OK;

See what happens
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
racer_f50
Regular User

Do you know if he's actually planning on rallying a 360 CS on snow? That'd be something I'd love to see!
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

I see impossible that they are going to develop the car for the snow or gravel because the purpose for developing the ferrari is just to make winner car on tarmac (currently a 911 is leading the spanish tarmac championship in front of the S2000 and the Mitsubishi grN), and a non four wheel drive car is not competitive at all on tarmac or gravel; however. it will be a great idea to develop these such cars (the 911 GT3 or the ferrari 360) for rent and just for some fun
Old 09-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
pzgren
Regular User

never heard of a ferrari joining a rally contest? but why not, porsche is doing it for years and others starting it too. looking forward to see the results! maybe we'll also see some vids pretty soon, that would be nice!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

There are quite porsche videos in youtube, and it seems that the ferrari is going to take part at the end of the year, so its guaranteed that somebody is going to record the video and upload it to youtube
Old 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #6
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Once I see very interested in the topic, here we go some videos about the 911 although most of them it has the 911 alongside the other competitors in the spanish rallying championship

Actually, there are more videos than expected, see if Im able to find the other porsche´s videos
Old 09-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #7
autohabit
Regular User

Thanks for posting these Ferrari rally photos, I love seeing cars like this rallying. Many of you may be unaware of the fact that Ferrari won the Italian Rally Chmpionship in the early 1980's with a 308, Bjorn Waldegard drove the car on the Sanremo Rally in either 1982 or 1983 and amazingly headed the field early in the event, but when Peugeot came on the scene with the 205 T16 in 1984, Ferrari ditched their rally project. What we see above is just a private entry but well done to him, we desperately need some interesting cars in rallying.

Here is a 308 on the French Rally Championship (This was probably during the 1983 season, possibly an ex factory car?)

autohabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #8
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

The choosen car is a bit strange considering that the 430 is a newer car, more modern, and it has more probabilities to be financed by ferrari

On the other hand, also it sounds strange because they have contracted two professional and prestigious drivers to develop it, but very expensive as well, in addition, the team in question, Piedrafita Sport is considered one of the bests in Europe and the best citroen privateer time, even better than the famous PH Sport or Kronos Team; if it wasnt enough, the development is paid by Imex-Laca, which has a lot of cash

As a result, with those ingredients, IMO everyone has taken very seriously the project, and they´ve got big ambition, probably theyll make the best 360 for rallying, and perhaps the best GTcar for rallying, and theyll try to rent it thoroughout Europe and get the money back
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

About the Aston, as far as I know, the car is owned by prodrive, but Baporo rents the car, and they are trying to develop the car, as a result, the car has been handed by both Jordi Zurita (in the Corte Ingles rally held in Canary Islands), and by Xevi Pons in Catalonia (the Osona Rallye); as far as I know, the iniital idea was from David Richards (naturally, the prodrive owner), and the multimillionaire gentleman driver Frederic Dor
Old 09-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

The video arrived much quicker than I expected; here we go.....

Finally Dani, furthermore, it seems that the relationship between Baporo and Prodrive has broadened for the future; IMO, It means that perhaps baporo will offer the subaru service in grN (I dont see any sense of assistance for a WRC in Spain) as in Spain there is a big lack of subaru tunners
Old 09-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ford Capri 2.8i
The video arrived much quicker than I expected; here we go.....

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=A_2JvHsJKyg
Holy shit, the sound it makes is amazing
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Here we go another video about the ferrari testing; not bad at all to get a pair of ferrari rallying videos within two days

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2NBN...467%26foro%3D1