Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Cool Scc ultimate aero update march 2008

Shelby super car news
hope everyone has had a nice start to the new year. Once again it's been a very busy month as we have been all over this planet introducing the Ultimate Aero, and there have been two major developments this past month that I'd like to talk about.

First off, being an engineer by trade, I am particularly proud to let you all know that SSC is now building its first Ultimate Aero with its own SSC engine block. After many months of development and additional months of durability and efficiency testing I am happy to say that our new block produces the same horsepower as before but with less stress, less help from the turbos, and more efficiency than the modified C5R block which we previously used. This is a tremendous breakthrough for SSC as it usually takes smaller, limited production companies like SSC or Koenigsegg, etc. significantly longer amounts of time to actually be able to cast their own block. I truly believe this is a testament to SSC's passion, engineering, and desire to producing world class automobiles. It also shows how quickly SSC is moving forward. I believe we have done more in the first 8 years than any other automotive company has in its beginning years.
Another breakthrough for us this month comes from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. I am pleased to announce that we have signed an exclusive dealership agreement for the Middle East. Our partner in Dubai has arranged for a 5,000 square foot showroom and the plans are truly amazing. The design plan is elegant, classy, and full of technology; from a 3D TV where clients can view and choose their Ultimate Aero's color options to wall mounted preview screens that transition to the outward facing windows at night, our dealer has put in the same level of commitment to the dealership as I have into the company. Our tentative opening date will be during the first week of May, one week following the Top Marques Monaco show. The first night we have a reception that will highlight the auction of the Ultimate Aero that broke the top speed record with the following two days dedicated to ride and drives at the Autodrome.
There is much more on the horizon for SSC over the course of the next month, we are speaking with several of media outlets who I'm positive you're all familiar with (can't say who yet!) and have some truly interesting projects in the works. As they evolve I will be able to tell you more about them in the next 250 MPH Club letter.
2008 is going to be SSC's biggest year yet, and I thank you all for your moral support and interest!
Best,
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
04RCSTI
Regular User

fast but ugly car.
They sure are making fast progress though. I'd take a slightly slower koenigsegg any day of the week over an Aero..

Aero just doesnt have have the styling i expect in a 250mph supercar.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
fast but ugly car.
They sure are making fast progress though. I'd take a slightly slower koenigsegg any day of the week over an Aero..

Aero just doesnt have have the styling i expect in a 250mph supercar.
Fast cool looking it's not a ugly car
Old 03-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
HeilSvenska
Regular User

It's an ugly car. It's fast. It maybe cool, but there's no denying that there's a kitcar-esque look about the car, especially in the surface... The back end is fine, and also is the overall shape.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

I wouldn't say ugly, but it lacks a true personnality and looks a bit like a kit car. A Saleen S7 has more developpment in the design area IMO.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #6
pagani
Regular User

Cool

Originally Posted by yg60m View Post
I wouldn't say ugly, but it lacks a true personnality and looks a bit like a kit car. A Saleen S7 has more developpment in the design area IMO.
It's faster than the saleen s7
But maby it could use a braking upgrade.

Last edited by pagani; 03-07-2008 at 08:29 AM.