Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Originally Posted by pagani
I'm not a Supra fan, but the amount of work on that thing is impressive. I have to agree with RC on this one. Why spend all that money on a Supra? I just don't understand.
Because the supra is still a great car orther people spend ther money on a honda corvette porsche ferrari lamborghini skyline gtr etc.
That is what makes it great hobby/passion.
8)
I guess you're right. It looks good and goes really fast.
Their also some supra's that are setup for road course driving.
8)
Road course driving? That's not track driving? Supras are not really track cars as far as I know, but they show their best on a straight line. Or am I totally wrong?
You are wrong again .
Here example of supra prepped for road course driving.

http://www.gscmotorsports.com/onelap/
Here is a road race supra
http://twinsturbo.com/img/tt_supra_splash.jpg
I supra can be a very good track car if setup right.
Here is the road race supra in action.
8)
Okay, okay. Do they require more prepping than other comparable cars?
No just as much as the other cars it depends on wath your goal is.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #17
pagani
Regular User

So it doesn't born ready, but just offers a good platform to build on. That's the point actually. You have to put so much money in the car to make it perfect that you'd get a perfect car with different badge for the same money from the factory. I guess Supra runners and builders can be considered as sort of American car hobbyers, it's just in the blood though it's all for nothing j/k
You don't have to put a ton of money in supra some people use only basic performance updrades (bpu)on their supra's and stlll 500 hp trow in some coilover some swapbars and some proper brakes and you have a quick
car but some people go really mad when modding a supra or any other car.
In some ways cars like the supra are the new hot rod's.
8)
Old 10-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #18
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
Yes the supra really does require the least amount of money when it comes to power/money aspect. Thanks to the good amount of upgrades its cheaper than most cars. The block itself requires no modification as the internals are forged so all you have to do is get a bigger turbo and turn up the boost and bam your at 600hp

The stock transmission on the MKIV supras is really well built and can handle lots of torque and the same goes for the diff.

I still like the MKIII much better specially if I could have it with the 2JZGTE and Getrag. 0X
Supra's are for hot rodder's.
I prefur the mkiv because it's lighter than the mkIII 3 and the design is nicer.
8)
Old 10-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #19
pagani
Regular User

Yes the supra really does require the least amount of money when it comes to power/money aspect. Thanks to the good amount of upgrades its cheaper than most cars. The block itself requires no modification as the internals are forged so all you have to do is get a bigger turbo and turn up the boost and bam your at 600hp

The stock transmission on the MKIV supras is really well built and can handle lots of torque and the same goes for the diff.

I still like the MKIII much better specially if I could have it with the 2JZGTE and Getrag. 0X
Supra's are for hot rodder's.
I prefur the mkiv because it's lighter than the mkIII 3 and the design is nicer.
8)
8)

Yeah ok light as in 100lbs lighter lol. The MKIV is not better styled than the MKIII g'damn car is a eyesore the MKIII is just beutifull IMO
But mk3 are not bad at all.
The mkiv looks timeless.
8)