Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 02-11-2008, 05:06 AM   #16
F250
Regular User

I test drove a 4X4 Tundra a few months ago. It has virtually the same ground clearance as the 4X2. Brilliant! I guess that's O.K. for poseurs in Southern California, but it doesn't cut it when you actually go off-road.

The ride was car-like. I guess the frame has been engineered for extra compliance!

Tundras are not trucks. They are over grown Camrys with beds.

This is a truck. Weight: 6,800 lbs. empty. Engine: 6.0 Powestroke Diesel. 325 h.p. / 570 lb.ft. torque.

F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #17
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by F250 View Post
That's not a truck. It's a toy!

Now this is a truck!

That thing in the front that looks like a staircase? It IS!

Payload: 793,664 lbs
Maximum operating weight: 1,305,137 lbs

Anyways, getting back to the topic, I guess it doesn't really matter since Tundra owners don't need to go offroading where they live.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #18
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
xbeakerx ...

maybe next time they will compete the yoda against other vehicles equiped with 4x4... or with 4x4 ON

additionally, everytime the tire lights up, the coeficient of friction becomes significantly less.... enough for even a group of humans to win against any car with spinning tires .... notice the Yoda never spin's its tires.... yet the domestics are all immediately spinning ... and none are with 4x4 on... hmm, i wonder why the Yoda wasn't spinning

Slight of hand trickery

can you prove that the tundra had 4x4 on? in the ram video the tundra spinned his tires first., so tell me why is this FAKE FAKE FAKE???
just because the tundra beat the three trucks means it was RIGGED... i dont think so.. how did it get the truck of the year by Motortrend??

MotorTrend.com "The new Toyota Tundra is now ready to take on any American-made pickup truck -- on all levels."
http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...02_toty_winner

but i'm sure your going to say thats RIGGED and FAKE also...
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #19
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Ouch! That Toyota looked like it was going to twist its back end off!
Toyotas not that good? Truth comes out.
Well it is only one test.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

how did it get the truck of the year by Motortrend??
Your honestly using the organization responsible for such cars of the year as the vw bug, pt cruiser, ford tbird, prius, probe, mustang II, among many others as your source of quality???

Bahwahahahwhahwhaha
Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #21
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
can you prove that the tundra had 4x4 on? in the ram video the tundra spinned his tires first., so tell me why is this FAKE FAKE FAKE???
just because the tundra beat the three trucks means it was RIGGED... i dont think so.. how did it get the truck of the year by Motortrend??

MotorTrend.com "The new Toyota Tundra is now ready to take on any American-made pickup truck -- on all levels."

Dude, you just referenced MotorTrend . . . While I'm kinda glad they picked the CTS for COTY, they're still laughable at best. (Yes, I do subscribe to their magazine)
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #22
loliea
Regular User

These tests are stupid.
For the 1st one when you have bups like that you slow down otherwise you loose your load, the passenger and 1 or two vertebra .
As for the frame test having soo much weight so fare outside the center of the frame is stupid and un realistic. Before braking the chassis you would probably end in a wall with loosing control of your vehicle...
loliea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #23
nthfinity
Regular User

The bump test actually had produced severe damage to the cab from the bed in the 'yoda.

Additionally, even if the said Tundra in the video's you posted was only in 2wd, once the opponent starts spinning their tires, even a group of men could pull it backwards. It's all about friction, and spinning tires have less.

Staged? definitely.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #24
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by loliea View Post
These tests are stupid.
For the 1st one when you have bups like that you slow down otherwise you loose your load, the passenger and 1 or two vertebra .
As for the frame test having soo much weight so fare outside the center of the frame is stupid and un realistic. Before braking the chassis you would probably end in a wall with loosing control of your vehicle...
No, both were just tests of chassis strength and stiffness. Deflection is an issue with hauling (not that Tundra owners will actually do any of that.) The weight on the corner was just a way to get comparable empirical data.

Also, bumpy roads etc are a basic quality test to see how well things will stay together. It should be fairly obvious that it was meant to be rough and that no one would drive at an uncomfortable speed like that. Once again, Toyota needn't worry. Tundra owners only want a big polished up (TuRD) truck to show how macho they are. The same is true of a majority of GM/Ford/Dodge truck buyers as well. I pick on Toyota since they won't be used for real work and their design shows it. But hey, they got MTTOTY right?

http://jalopnik.com/354285/chicago-a...ood-for-tundra
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #25
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
No, both were just tests of chassis strength and stiffness. Deflection is an issue with hauling (not that Tundra owners will actually do any of that.) The weight on the corner was just a way to get comparable empirical data.

Also, bumpy roads etc are a basic quality test to see how well things will stay together. It should be fairly obvious that it was meant to be rough and that no one would drive at an uncomfortable speed like that. Once again, Toyota needn't worry. Tundra owners only want a big polished up (TuRD) truck to show how macho they are. The same is true of a majority of GM/Ford/Dodge truck buyers as well. I pick on Toyota since they won't be used for real work and their design shows it. But hey, they got MTTOTY right?

http://jalopnik.com/354285/chicago-a...ood-for-tundra
for one the chicago auto show is what it is "a show".
my arguement will never get to you. you will always be Toyota haters because you are afraid of what it will become, a BETTER Truck then Ford, Chevy and Dodge. think of this, Toyota has always had Great trucks in the past, some of the BEST off-road truck in the world. The FJ40, 4-Runner, and the 80-90s Truck! The Tundra will be as just a great truck or better them all. So no matter what i say in this thread you will not listen and just say it was RIGGED or its FAKE. so my word are just falling on deaf ears and blind eyes...

for the no real work comment, i know of a company in my area that has all Tundras for their work trucks. they are a construction business for building steel erections. the owners go to my church and absolutely love them over the ford trucks they use to own. so yes they can do REAL work...

Originally Posted by loliea View Post
These tests are stupid.
i'm glad i'm not the only in this thread that is a Toyota person...

Last edited by xbeakerx; 02-11-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

for one the chicago auto show is what it is "a show".
my arguement will never get to you. you will always be Toyota haters because you are afraid of what it will become, a BETTER Truck then Ford, Chevy and Dodge. think of this, Toyota has always had Great trucks in the past, some of the BEST off-road truck in the world. The FJ40, 4-Runner, and the 80-90s Truck! The Tundra will be as just a great truck or better them all. So no matter what i say in this thread you will not listen and just say it was RIGGED or its FAKE. so my word are just falling on deaf ears and blind eyes...

for the no real work comment, i know of a company in my area that has all Tundras for their work trucks. they are a construction business for building steel erections. the owners go to my church and absolutely love them over the ford trucks they use to own. so yes they can do REAL work...

i'm glad i'm not the only in this thread that is a Toyota person...
The design of the previous gen. F150 was nearly identical to that of the new Tundra, and Ford had to design something that actually worked... and worked better then every other truck out there; and succeeded.

You speak of our "hate" of Toyota as being "deaf ears" but that is more easily turned around through empirical data... scientific analysis, and logical thought. You are thinking based on emotion, not fact... and it is impossible to argue against those who are making decisions based on emotion.

It is fine if you love your Tundra, but the fact is, it isn't a well made vehicle... quick to market, under-engineered... and a major reason why sales are flopping worse then the Titan (which I think is actually a well made truck.... but not as good as the F150)
Old 02-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #27
xbeakerx
Regular User

The design of the previous gen. F150 was nearly identical to that of the new Tundra, and Ford had to design something that actually worked... and worked better then every other truck out there; and succeeded.

You speak of our "hate" of Toyota as being "deaf ears" but that is more easily turned around through empirical data... scientific analysis, and logical thought. You are thinking based on emotion, not fact... and it is impossible to argue against those who are making decisions based on emotion.

It is fine if you love your Tundra, but the fact is, it isn't a well made vehicle... quick to market, under-engineered... and a major reason why sales are flopping worse then the Titan (which I think is actually a well made truck.... but not as good as the F150)

the F150 is a piece of shit truck. i should know i drove one for over a year for work and couldn't stand driving it. the truck(which was a 2007) had NO acceleration and the handling was garbage. i had to pick up about 20 bags of ice salt and the truck was actually squatting, felt like i was hauling 200 bags of ice salt. the interior was made but a 2 year old retard that was blind in one eye. the windows crank was at your knee and every time you rolled it down you'd bang your leg. i had the engine light come on twice why i drove it and both times they couldnt find out why it came on. go figure its a ford...

as for the tundra their as many videos saying the tundra is better than ford and chevy as there are that it sucks because ford and chevy are scared plain and simple! i know i will never convince you that the Tundra is or better than F150 and Silverado. the new Tundra and the old F150 dont look anything alike. you must be blind... come on...
Old 02-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

the F150 is a piece of shit truck. i should know i drove one for over a year for work and couldn't stand driving it. the truck(which was a 2007) had NO acceleration and the handling was garbage. i had to pick up about 20 bags of ice salt and the truck was actually squatting, felt like i was hauling 200 bags of ice salt. the interior was made but a 2 year old retard that was blind in one eye. the windows crank was at your knee and every time you rolled it down you'd bang your leg. i had the engine light come on twice why i drove it and both times they couldnt find out why it came on. go figure its a ford...

as for the tundra their as many videos saying the tundra is better than ford and chevy as there are that it sucks because ford and chevy are scared plain and simple! i know i will never convince you that the Tundra is or better than F150 and Silverado. the new Tundra and the old F150 dont look anything alike. you must be blind... come on...
Guess who's trucks were used to build the Tundra factory? Ford F150...
Old 02-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #29
xbeakerx
Regular User

Guess who's trucks were used to build the Tundra factory? Ford F150...

i'm done arguing with you... this is endless...

i'm right, your wrong, i'm right, your wrong... it will never end... my last post.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #30
nthfinity
Regular User

i'm done arguing with you... this is endless...

i'm right, your wrong, i'm right, your wrong... it will never end... my last post.
Logic vs. emotion....

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy these "Arguments" dichotomy in a forum is a wonderful thing

If we all agreed, it would be a boring place