Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 06-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #16
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
Originally Posted by thenumber1
But what about the "security" of the 4wd lambo? Does that not help your "novice ass" more than a rwd rocket ship?
Remember the pics RC posted of a crashed Z06 after a novice (or idiot - take your pic) lost it on cold tyres? :roll:
I remember seeing a video of a Gallardo chasing a 996 GT3 Mk2 on the road. And on one corner where the GT3 went through without over or understeering, the Gallardo understeered so heavily that he hit the curb. It was no heavy crash, but it got me wondering if 4WD was really so much better on the road...
Do you have a link to that? The video that I have is of a Porsche chasing a Gallardo, and the Porsche understeers and hits the wall.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #17
dingo
Regular User

Look what I've started, very suprising......

Originally Posted by RC45
So being quicker than everything thrown at it 0-100-0 other than a purpose-built kit-car-go-cart still gets the car no respect?

That is the definition of jealousy guys

Nuff said -
*cough* *cough*

Originally Posted by dingo

I respect the Z06, its a great car and definately a performance bargain.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #18
spanky
Regular User

Thanks for the scan TT.

Looks like a good read.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 AM   #19
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Originally Posted by 1zippo1
But what about the "security" of the 4wd lambo? Does that not help your "novice ass" more than a rwd rocket ship?
Remember the pics RC posted of a crashed Z06 after a novice (or idiot - take your pic) lost it on cold tyres? :roll:
I remember seeing a video of a Gallardo chasing a 996 GT3 Mk2 on the road. And on one corner where the GT3 went through without over or understeering, the Gallardo understeered so heavily that he hit the curb. It was no heavy crash, but it got me wondering if 4WD was really so much better on the road...
Do you have a link to that? The video that I have is of a Porsche chasing a Gallardo, and the Porsche understeers and hits the wall.
shit, euhm, now you got me doubting. I hope I didn't mix it up. Don't think so...
Don't know where you can find the video, it was posted some 1.5 years ago I estimate.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:51 AM   #20
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Also I like FR layout just alil more than 4WD cars, so I would'nt be too happy paying all that extra about something im not too bothered about.
Liar - what's that 4WD rally master doing in your avatar then?

RC - 4WD definitely wouldn't save me.

Can i ask your opinion though...?

Do you think the Z06 is a more or less difficult to drive than a Gallardo? From a novice point of view.

And which car do you think would be easier to master/drive at the limit?

Cheers.

(BTW - not trying to stick up for either car here, i think they are two very different animals)
Old 06-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #21
godspeed06
Regular User

i hope evo does a comparison later on between teh z06 and lambo... both cars only had a few hundred miles on them, so the comparison doesnt AS accurately show performance as it will with two broken in engines and correctly heat cycled brakes. either way, both cars need very talented drivers to reach their limits. asking which one is "easiest" to drive fast should be a function of the drivers experience with the cars themselves or ones similar. it almost comes down to a preference. i can say however, almost definitively, that the z06 is harder to launch. its TM system is giving drivers problems on the 1/4 mile track. the best approach to launching it still hasnt been found by those who own and race them. still, a great article. thanks for scanning!
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #22
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
i hope evo does a comparison later on between teh z06 and lambo... both cars only had a few hundred miles on them, so the comparison doesnt AS accurately show performance as it will with two broken in engines and correctly heat cycled brakes. either way, both cars need very talented drivers to reach their limits. asking which one is "easiest" to drive fast should be a function of the drivers experience with the cars themselves or ones similar. it almost comes down to a preference. i can say however, almost definitively, that the z06 is harder to launch. its TM system is giving drivers problems on the 1/4 mile track. the best approach to launching it still hasnt been found by those who own and race them. still, a great article. thanks for scanning!
The brakes would be bedded in quite adequately by the time they did these tests, as long as they know what they are doing. but i agree on the engines, they would loosen up after a couple thousand miles.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #23
5.7 V10
Regular User

Thanks for the article scans TT:

I'm glad the KZ1 finally gets the respect it deserves, sure it may be expensive but it's one superb supercar. Lap Time is excellent, i'd love to see how the KZ1 fared in a Sport Auto supertest.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

*cough* *cough*

I respect the Z06, its a great car and definately a performance bargain.
Hey!!! We have a friend down under

RC - 4WD definitely wouldn't save me.

Can i ask your opinion though...?

Do you think the Z06 is a more or less difficult to drive than a Gallardo? From a novice point of view.

And which car do you think would be easier to master/drive at the limit?

Cheers.

(BTW - not trying to stick up for either car here, i think they are two very different animals)
Hhhhmmm - 60,000 miles into living with my car, I would probably have to say the Z... at first I was a little intimidated by the high HP tail happy FR layout - but in the end I got really comfortable with it.

The important thing with my C5 gen car, is that I did make a few bone head moves and was a little ham-fisted early on - and the chassis was forgiving enough to let me come back and play another day.

Had this been a 996 GT3 for example, a comparable performance car, I would have been dead or severly mangled laying in a ditch with the car wedged in a pinetree...

I am not saying the Gallardo is anywhere near as temperamental as GT3 - or as precise - but I am guessing (guessing mind you) that even though it is a 4WD car, the mid-rear layout and weight distribution may not reward clumsy moves with indifferent tollerance displayed by the Z06 (I have heard this is true of the C6 Z as well).
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #25
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Hhhhmmm - 60,000 miles into living with my car, I would probably have to say the Z... at first I was a little intimidated by the high HP tail happy FR layout - but in the end I got really comfortable with it.

The important thing with my C5 gen car, is that I did make a few bone head moves and was a little ham-fisted early on - and the chassis was forgiving enough to let me come back and play another day.

Had this been a 996 GT3 for example, a comparable performance car, I would have been dead or severly mangled laying in a ditch with the car wedged in a pinetree...

I am not saying the Gallardo is anywhere near as temperamental as GT3 - or as precise - but I am guessing (guessing mind you) that even though it is a 4WD car, the mid-rear layout and weight distribution may not reward clumsy moves with indifferent tollerance displayed by the Z06 (I have heard this is true of the C6 Z as well).
Thanks for your opinion. Nice to hear from a real owner who isn't a pro-driving-journo.

Of course, i'm still having a Gallardo
Old 06-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Of course, i'm still having a Gallardo
No problemo mate... That way when we go out driving together I can give you a lift home if your Gallardo ever ends up wedged in a pinetree..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote