Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 08-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Spatizzle
Regular User

Smile My Subaru Impreza Project

I guess it all started after my GF left me. I had lost hope in everything and didn't want to do anything.. I'm 20 years old and I am also handicap(Have a wrist dormity so my wrists/elbows dont completely straghten and my shoulders can't rotate, so raising my hand is a challenge for me, haha). My friends stuck to me and cheered me up a great much and one of my friends, who just bought a Subaru Impreza 01RS, started telling me of cars, and I felt an excitement. I felt like, something filled me up and wanted me to get going on life again. Soon enough, I bought myself a Subaru Impreza 2000 2.5RS
Some pics when i got her:

After I got the car, I found myself a new hobby, a new thrill for me... Cars, and not just cars in general, but Rally cars. I want to be a future Rally Driver as well as a Teacher. And unlike my past, where I relied on others to push me to go, I am doing this for myself with their support, I am really grateful to them and always will be.

Now back to the car:

I knew they had AWD and what not, but never really understood its true power.. so I took her off-roading a couple times and understood it a lot better.

At the time when i learned how to start sliding... my mind would lock up and not counter-steer... this shot was taken right before i almost hit my friend

The OEM steering wheel wasn't cutting it for me... it was too big for me. My hands had trouble trying to steer it quicker, so I got a smaller MOMO steering wheel, well, a replica of it, but does the job.. Also, I'm a moron and me and my friend removed my shifter, because I thought I bought a nicer one that's for my car, but it wasn't
But my friend and I made some modifications and now, I have no shift lock, so I simply just pull and push around the shifter easily(it's an automatic).

I am unsure on going turbo or not, I love this car being my daily driver, but eventually, I know it's going to be strictly Rally/RallyCross, but when that time comes, I'll buy another Subaru for my Daily Driver .. but we'll see that when it happens.

I wish to do more mods in the near future, suspension wise.. go with strut/sways bars and struts/springs. Get some new seats, like OEM WRX ones or STI ones. Since my parents feel it is dangerout to drive without a steering wheel, for them, I'll get a STI steering wheel, which is smaller than that stock 2000 wheel and has working airbags/horn.

I haven't decided what to get strut/spring wise.. I don't know whats good, but I would like to have a different Setup than most people... I'm thinking Tokico Struts but not sure what springs. (yet)

As for updates, I will just edit my current post. with posts that say "update original post".

Oh also, I've named my car "Khushi" because in my native language (Gujurati/Hindi) it means "Happiness" and is a real name for indians but it really is what it had bought me when I needed it the most.
Thanks for viewing guys, I will do my best!

Cheers!
-Sanjay P.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
CarlZ
Regular User

it's a grate car, I hope one day you will make it a grate rally winner too
Old 08-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0311...ion/index.html
Old 08-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
Spatizzle
Regular User

Originally Posted by CarlZ View Post
it's a grate car, I hope one day you will make it a grate rally winner too
thanks bro, I really appreciate it

Thanks for the info.. Yeah, i know it's not going to be easy, but when i ever do a swap, i wanna make sure i do EVERYTHING i need rather than one thing at a time.. so im gonna make sure to save a WHOLE lot of money ... much appreciated!
Old 08-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
Jona
Regular User

This is a great thread. It'ss always nice to see somebody pushing a car to it's limits. The TS is doing a great job, everybody should do something like this. Just enjoy the possibilities. That is awesome, Spatizzle.
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
enzoferrari
Regular User

Nice thread,thanks for sharing your experience with us,good luck!!!!!!!!1
Old 08-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #7
Spatizzle
Regular User

Thanks guys! I feel much more confident than in my past, and your support just makes it all even better. Just curious, anyone know if you guys (Motorworld) has car decals/stickers?
Old 08-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #8
CarlZ
Regular User

c'mon, he just want to popularise this site, why not?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #9
Spatizzle
Regular User

haha, yeah I just wanna popularize sites.. i have one for a site called "Dirtyimpreza.com" and I'm getting one for "RS25.com" and I like this site alot as well, so it'd be my 3rd (and probably last) site... ill def. custom one later and have pics up... and i agree, I'm not a big sticker person, just like to show off supporters haha.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
04RCSTI
Regular User

I know a bunch of people with RS and I've driven very modified ones. They are great cars and I've noticed that all their owners absolutely love them...theres just something about them. Great car, great story.. enjoy my friend and fellow subaru owner.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:19 AM   #11
79TA
Regular User

I really like how much personality these cars have. I don't see many of them around, so they're a refreshing sight.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
PMental
Regular User

Very nice car / project mate, hope you turn it into a monster of a rally car

I really like Subarus, my father had a WRX (now drives a Legacy) and I was considering an Impreza GT or maybe WRX as alternative before I decided I love Hondas even more and bought my CTR

Good luck with your Rally conversion
PMental is offline   Reply With Quote