Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #721
Bernardo
Regular User

Alright BMW fans, we have a nice story for you. Alpina has just released a sketch of the new BMW Alpina B7, based on the 2009 BMW 7-Series. Although no performance details have been revealed, performance will likely match or improve on current B7 figures.

The latest model gets 500 horsepower out of BMW's flagship with its own Valvetronic system and a radial supercharger. Alpina's B7 claims a 0-60mph in 4.8 seconds, and comes with special suspension and stabilization. Also, weight distribution is evenly balanced.

Physically, the representative sketch of the new B7 looks very similar to the last one. Still there is the trademark Alpina spoiler, and wheels that look identical to the current 21" set. The new aerokit appears to be a bit more dramatic, but the rear spoiler is equally as unobtrusive.

For the exact figures we will have to wait a bit longer. With a bit of luck, Alpina will either release the car in February's Chicago Auto Show (the last B7 was also released there), or in Geneva, where they also have some history.
Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #722
fordgt84
Regular User

5 Series GT Concept

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090213....ially-revealed

I really don't get what on earth a production version of a 5 series GT would be for... seriously i'm losing respect for BMW with every new model they release... what a sickening car, baaarrghh!!
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #723
10000rpmlover
Regular User

I think they need to go back and seriously study the reason why they sold millions upon millions of E36 and E46 models ... then they need to stop this nonsense

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #724
KJM 212K
Regular User

What's in the water at BMW's design office? Clean, smooth designs were universally liked. Not the discordant messes they're churning out now

Last edited by KJM 212K; 02-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.
KJM 212K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #725
ae86_16v
Regular User

The New F10 5 Series:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/17/f...se-out-on-web/
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #726
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v View Post
Eh. So much for the teaser. We already know how it looks like. It's nigh identical to the ugly 5-Series GT front. I bet the normal sedan is the GT with a notchback. It does not bode well for the car.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #727
KJM 212K
Regular User

I want my E28 back
KJM 212K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #728
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
I think they need to go back and seriously study the reason why they sold millions upon millions of E36 and E46 models ... then they need to stop this nonsense
Are the E90s poor sellers? I think not.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #729
fordgt84
Regular User

BMW is building an M5 CSL
www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/244413/
BMW’s M division has built a special lightweight one-off version of the E60 M5 as part of the 25th anniversary celebrations for the iconic four door saloon.
Revealed this morning at BMW’s prototype workshop at the Nurburgring in Germany, the celebratory M5 is described by M division’s head of development, Albert Biermann, as “the M5 CSL we never built”.

Hi-res pictures of the BMW M5 special edition

Among the changes brought to the new car is a heavily modified version of the standard M5’s 5.0-litre V10 engine. The highly strung, 90-degree unit has been enlarged with a longer stroke taking its capacity up to 5.5-litres, making it the largest engine to ever feature in an official M-car.
Also included as part of the engine overhaul is a carbonfibre manifold boasting a increased capacity air box and a secondary oil cooler – the latter requiring modifications to the front bumper, which gains an additional air duct in the place usually dedicated to the license plate.

Official power and torque figures have not been released but Biermann hints the output peaks at “around 580bhp and close to 400lb ft”. That’s up from 407bhp and 348lb ft with the standard M5.
Channelling the added reserves back to the rear wheels is a beefed up version of the M3’s seven-speed double clutch gearbox. The Getrag engineered unit, operated via steering wheel mounted paddles or push/pull gear lever, supplants the standard M5’s sequential seven speed manual unit, offering smoother and more rapid gear shifts.

Further changes centre around the body, which receives a carbonfibre roof as part of a weight saving program that has pared a claimed 50kg from the standard M5’s 1830kg kerb weight.
BMW’s M division has also stripped down the interior, doing away with the standard front seats in favour of two carbon fibre backed pews, while the rear seat has been ditched altogether.
In terms of its suspension the new M5 remains close to the standard specification. “We’ve altered the mapping of the variable dampers but the geometry remains the same,” says Biermann.

No performance claims have been made for the powered-up-and-pared-down M5, but Biermann says it is “comfortably faster the standard M5’s 4.1sec 0-100km/h”.
He also confirmed to Autocar that the new one-off M5 it has already lapped the Nurburgring in the hands of long-time BMW race driver, Claudia Huertgen, in under eight minutes, making it some 20sec faster around the legendary German circuit than the standard M5.

“It’s a lot gutsier than the standard M5,” says Huertgen, who this year drove the new Alpina M6 GT3 race car in the FIA sportscar championship. “You can sense the added drive out of corners. There’s more bottom end shove. I’m pulling over 180mph under the bridge at the Doettinger Hohe [teh fastest point of the track]."
Yet despite the investment that has gone into creating the new uber-M5, Biermann says it is destined to remain a one-off.

“Right now we’re concentrating on the next-generation M5. This car has been fun to develop but there are no plans for production,” he says.
Greg Kable
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #730
loliea
Regular User

For the 25th anniversary of the M5 BMW revealed ane34 M5 convertible that almost made it to the market.

More at the following location => http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/10/30/bm...s-never-built/

loliea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #731
Dylan
Regular User

Value able information shared by you.I have saved it in my peronalgoodyear oil change folder and hoping to get latest informational posts by you.
Thanks a lot and i wish you best of luck for the future..

Last edited by Dylan; 12-18-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote