Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-13-2003, 07:22 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default We have a new "group" at JW, read inside about it

Ok, I'll try to be as straight as possible, to avoid scaring ppl hating to read more than two lines...

A new season is starting at JW.. with the new 5th and Top Gear season.. we expect to have more members and to move more GB, especially thanks to the two main stars...

So we felt the need to create a second group, placed "higher" (if you pass me the term) than the "download group". It is called "Reviewers" group and as the name says, only the most dedicated reviewers will gain access to it. <u>no need to apply to the new group. The deserving ones will be automatically put inside it.</u>

And what about the normal download group? Where are the differences? Well, basically the "reviewers" will be able to download the vids some days before the others, say 3 or 4, something like that. And BTW, they'll also get another 5 MB for the gallery.
The download group will still be able to download the vids, but later on. The priority will be for the reviewers.

And as I always try to explain, we're not creating "draconian" rules just because we love to be mean and so on. Please try to read between the lines: we appreciate ppl taking active part in the life of the forums... just posting cold reviews and not even checking the rest of the board is not really what we expect
To run the board is a pleasure for Jabba, to moderate and help him out is a pleasure for me.. and to visit daily is a pleasure for many members... I don't think we're asking to much when we just try to give priority to ppl enjoying their stay.

BTW, just to let you know, it's time to do some cleaning into the download group since there are way to many ppl that simply don't care about posting something about the vids... not even a "like" "don't like"... but the hits the vids have clearly state that much more ppl download the vid that the ones posting something...
Old 10-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Sorry...I didn't post many reviews.I'll start posting reviews from now on.
I was wondering why you don't put the reviews right where the vid is. That way, we could have something like the video comments at RF. Of course, you should limit it to 1 post/user/review, so that flame wats and BS don't brake out. And, of course ban or punish the users with the "1st bull shit"!
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 08:33 PM   #3
BADMIHAI
Regular User

where can I post a review? lol
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 08:39 PM   #4
blah
Regular User

I always tried to post in where it says video links about the videos, but says i cant, i didnt know we were suppose to post else where. Id love to review the vids. :fadein:
Old 10-13-2003, 10:27 PM   #5
AlienDB7
Regular User

Very interest concept. Not too sure about BADMIHAI's idea of 1 review per person. I kinda like the discussion for each video. That's what makes JW entertaining
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #6
geekdiggy
Regular User

since i know i'm not gonna be added to the reviewers list, i must ask, is there anyway for anyone not on the priority list to be added to it later? say, after about 10 or so reviews?

the reason i ask is cuz i like being one of the first to download the video before anyone else that way i can watch it and review it in the thread(with the exception of the past couple busy days for me) before the 1st 2nd 3rd bullshit starts

and btw, yes i've download the latest vids i just haven't had time to watch them all let alone review them, but for the sake of the list, i just might have to get right on it REAL SOON 0X

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 02:42 AM   #7
Anile8er
Regular User

main reasons why i dont review is cause someone already uslauly post a review so i see no point in in post the same thing in deferent words you should just paik top reviews and assaing 1 to each category that way its not a group more of like a review board
********* w00t!*********

what what WHAT!! no no no FUCK U!!!!!

p.s. Whysukit when u can fuck it?
Anile8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 02:59 AM   #8
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

TT who is in the group already?Can you give us a list of members already in it,and the people that qualified for it?
Old 10-14-2003, 03:16 AM   #9
Chingachgook
Regular User

I don't make comment about the videos because even if I'm in the dowloading group, I don't have so much time to see and download it...
But I'n gonna find time to 5th Gear and I hope Top Gear, even if this one is too big for me to download :cry:
Old 10-14-2003, 03:18 AM   #10
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kangaroo Boy
TT who is in the group already?Can you give us a list of members already in it,and the people that qualified for it?
Just under the banner there is a link to the usergroups, click it then change the drop down menu to "reviewers group". Then click view information.

I see nothing wrong with this idea, It' snot like the ones in the reviewer group will be the only one getting the videos. They'll just get them a few days before.
Infact, I think it's a good thing. That way everyone can know what is in the video and whether or not they should download them. It could end up saving a bit of bandwidth.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:33 AM   #11
novass
Regular User

i like the idea because if i can read some reviews beforehand, then i can decide if i should download it or not, so as not to waste bandwidth.

it may have already been said, maybe i didnt read everything, but if you arent in the reviewers group, can you still post a review?

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 04:09 AM   #12
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Sorry...I didn't post many reviews.I'll start posting reviews from now on.
I was wondering why you don't put the reviews right where the vid is. That way, we could have something like the video comments at RF. Of course, you should limit it to 1 post/user/review, so that flame wats and BS don't brake out. And, of course ban or punish the users with the "1st bull shit"!
That system will be here soon hopefully with full stats of whats the most popular videos that have been downloaded etc...the one line comments system could be used by everybody but it will not get you onto the full reviewers list of course....

I am in the minority I know but I like the "1st comments" it shows me people are paying attention to all the hard work I put in trying to find new videos to upload every week....I also intend to give a monthly prize to the prerson that gets the most videos "1st"
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 04:13 AM   #13
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
I always tried to post in where it says video links about the videos, but says i cant, i didnt know we were suppose to post else where. Id love to review the vids. :fadein:
Try looking in the programme sections
Old 10-14-2003, 04:15 AM   #14
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
Very interest concept. Not too sure about BADMIHAI's idea of 1 review per person. I kinda like the discussion for each video. That's what makes JW entertaining
No worries there Alien.... I 100 % agree with you...plenty of discussions for the future thats for sure....
Old 10-14-2003, 04:21 AM   #15
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by geekdiggy
since i know i'm not gonna be added to the reviewers list, i must ask, is there anyway for anyone not on the priority list to be added to it later? say, after about 10 or so reviews?

the reason i ask is cuz i like being one of the first to download the video before anyone else that way i can watch it and review it in the thread(with the exception of the past couple busy days for me) before the 1st 2nd 3rd bullshit starts

and btw, yes i've download the latest vids i just haven't had time to watch them all let alone review them, but for the sake of the list, i just might have to get right on it REAL SOON 0X
Yes I should think so and yes I have added you as you have written some entertaining stuff in the past....