Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #91
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
LOL@the two of you.
I just want my car back...

Insurance guy has a cheque in hand - they are willing to pay what ever the cost for the repairs to the car... but its the freaking bodyshop man...

I just want my car back
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #92
LotusGT1
Regular User

Hehe

If you write the Elise review I will see what I can do for you
Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #93
nickthaskater

I'm just a Canadian commie terrorist coming to take away your right of free speech RC, that's all. My aggressive behaviour, my need to be right, my want to prove you wrong, it's all just scare tactics and voodoo mumbojumbo.

Move on and close the window like you've claimed to have done several times before.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #94
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
I'm just a Canadian commie terrorist coming to take away your right of free speech RC, that's all. My aggressive behaviour, my need to be right, my want to prove you wrong, it's all just scare tactics and voodoo mumbojumbo.
Doesn't make you right

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Move on and close the window like you've claimed to have done several times before.
Why? And let the Kanuks think they won? BTW - you still on that waiting list for the free life saving operation?

I heard if you bring your own kidney , they can move up your transplant operaiton.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #95
RC45
Regular User

Hehe

If you write the Elise review I will see what I can do for you
Well - sorry - no Elise on the cards for the next 4 weeks - just an Exige this weekend.. and then a couple of GT3's in about 2 weeks... and so you know what to expect, here is an how performance stats will be presented:

Old 07-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #96
LotusGT1
Regular User

Slip of the tongue, you talked about the Exige before Looking forward to some nice reviews!
Old 07-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #97
nickthaskater

Juan paid £2m despite breach of contract

Juan Pablo Montoya will allegedly receive a £2million pay-off from McLaren despite breaching his contract with the team.

According to reports in the Guardian newspaper, there was a clause in Montoya's contract stating that he couldn't sign a deal with another racing team without previously informing the management at McLaren.

However, Montoya apparently did just that, signing with the Chip Ganassi Nascar racing team for 2007 and announcing the deal on Sunday. McLaren are not believed to have been pre-informed.

But despite the breach of contract, the Daily Mail reports that Montoya can expect a £2million pay-off on his contract for the eight races he will miss this season.

Not a bad deal for sitting at home in Miami with his family.

Meanwhile, de la Rosa is looking forward to his first race as a McLaren driver in more than a year.

"I'm of course extremely thrilled to have this opportunity to race the MP4-21 - a car in which I'm really comfortable," he said.

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...328842,00.html
So Juan just made 3.6 million USD for skipping the final 8 races. Nice chunk of change.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #98
RC45
Regular User

3.6 million?

Thats only $450,000 per race.. A good NASCAR driver can pocket $500,000 a week in winnings and purse money - not including the big $1 Million to win rcae scattered through out the caledar
Old 07-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #99
RC45
Regular User

Slip of the tongue, you talked about the Exige before Looking forward to some nice reviews!
But don't worry - there are 2 Elises in the queue.. and if all y'all are really good an RS200 and a CGT are very possible
Old 07-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #100
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by RC45
3.6 million?

Thats only $450,000 per race.. A good NASCAR driver can pocket $500,000 a week in winnings and purse money - not including the big $1 Million to win rcae scattered through out the caledar
That's just a flat payout for leaving. Had he continued racing, he would've obviously taken more than that due to race payouts and so on. Also, that's clearly not talking about money he's recieved from those 10 races.

Nice job completely ignoring the obvious though.

As for the driver picking up a million dollar purse, that money doesn't just go into the driver's pocket, it goes to the team as well.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #101
SCarrier11
Regular User

3.6 million?

a "good NASCAR driver" doesnt equal montoya. not yet anyway. so you can through that out the window. stop assuming shit and stick to the facts. you dont even know what he's making now and you think you'll be able to compare it in a year?

so wait, what if in a year they report that he did infact make more in nascar than in f1? will you be posting that and saying how right you were? it will only be coming from the same sources (the media) that you are choosing not to belive today about him making less money. stop picking and choosing reports you belive and not wanting to belive.
SCarrier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #102
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SCarrier11
3.6 million?

a "good NASCAR driver" doesnt equal montoya.
Are you trying to now make this into a NASCAR drivers suck thread?

Or are you trying to say that NASCAR drivers do not earn Millions per year?

Please clarify your rambling statement?

not yet anyway. so you can through that out the window. stop assuming shit and stick to the facts. you dont even know what he's making now and you think you'll be able to compare it in a year?
Not yet what anyway? Are you now saying Montoya is not as good as aother NASCAR drivers?

Do you know what he is making now? Stick to what facts?

so wait, what if in a year they report that he did infact make more in nascar than in f1? will you be posting that and saying how right you were? it will only be coming from the same sources (the media) that you are choosing not to belive today about him making less money. stop picking and choosing reports you belive and not wanting to belive.
Oh boy - nt another "your opinion ounts nothing so shut up" yahoo.

I am right and will be proven so when in a years time, Montoya proudly says "The NASCAR move was the best thing I ever did - I am happier, make more money and 5th in the title race".

Now you are free to have your incorrect opinin - I am not stopping you, but why do you have to try ram your incorrect view point down my throat?