Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-20-2003, 02:03 AM   #31
novass
Regular User

i visited Canada in '98. we stayed in Vancouver then Salt Spring Island for a couple of weeks. when i was there i saw a young kid, probably 16-17 (i was 18 ), wearing a baby blue Compton hat. he was walking around like he was tough acting hard, the usual naive kid. i just thought it was fuckin hilarious, i grew up in LA my whole life, though ive been to Compton a few times, its not something i would brag about.

simply for the fact that one brags about having gangs means they arent really that bad. i didnt feel threatened in Canada one bit. when i was living in downtown LA, attending USC, i lived in between a few different rival gangs. i skated with a few of the guys so they didnt give me a hard time but i still heard shots being fired real close damn near every night and saw quite a few gang brawls.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:14 AM   #32
SkylineGTR34VspecII
Regular User

LA is a lot rougher than cleveland I am sure. but cleveland can be really dangerous at night. I don't live in cleveland I live in a suburb of it. If I went 20 minutes north east I would find myself in a not to safe part of town. mainly at night though, during the day their isnt too much to worry about but there isnt really any reason to go there. If a white dude goes there they think its a cop.
SkylineGTR34VspecII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:16 PM   #33
oic0
Regular User

How come noone ever gives Louisiana (the real LA) credit as being the murderous hell hole that it is? Anyway, I dont have a problem with putting nitrous in any car, or any other mod for more HP or handling. Big stupid wheels though (see em around town all the time) just make me wanna kick somone in the nuts. Especcialy when they live in a little ghetto shack. For gods sake, feed your children and get off welfare instead of buying worthless shiny wheels.
oic0 is offline   Reply With Quote