Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-08-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
Erdmann
Regular User

Default My Mini Cooper S is the best :)

Hi everybody,
I am new here. I drive the Mini Cooper S and I think it is the funniest Car I have ever driven. The Handling is perfect, the engine is quick and the best of it is the Sound (ok ok...it sounds a little bit like a Washing Machine which is out of Controll, but I like it. ) This little Car give some Rally-feeling and it is amazingly how quick such a little Car can run.
http://www.mini.com

sorry but I have no original photo because my digi-Cam crashed..but I will post one later. My one has the same colour but a Chromepacket.
Erdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:18 AM   #2
adlinyusman
Regular User

Welcome to the forum Erdmann, hope you enjoy your stay here

I was thinking of getting a cooper S as well, i would love to hear how it's served you and what options you ticked when you bought the car. There are a few options which i would like to have which is not available in my part of the world.

When your camera is up and running do post us some photos, we're all car nuts here, and would love to see enthusiastic owners who share their experiences!

adlinyusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:33 PM   #3
Erdmann
Regular User

Hi,
At first I didn´t take the navigation system, because I do not need one and this big Tachometre (?? that what shows your speed ?? sry I can not find my english-Translation book) looks so nice. I also took the seat-heating, cd-radio ( the hifi-system is very good), automatic air conditioning, and the Chrom packet. Besides the navigation-system, I took nearly all options you can.
But I can say you, this little lovely Car is fast and very very loud. Once we tested if it is louder as the Porsche 911 of my friends Father. And yes it is a little bit louder, maybe they are equal but the Mini seemed to be louder. That does not mean that it sounds better than an Porsche 911 .
The steering is very directly, my friend says when you drive slower (city, neighbourhood) the steering is more sportive than the Porsche. We compared them the whole day. I just can answer to the question: " Is it love? " (from the advertising of Mini)-> Yes!!! It is so lively, lovely and very very quick...if you want. Just on example: You push the first Gear to 50 km/h and you think: "Hmmm,...that was all?", then you change in 2nd gear, which is the best , put down your feet and he runs and runs up to nearly 120 km/h. The noise at 7200 Rpm is sooo luod and magnificent. And I needed much time to find out how quick it can through corners. Don´t be shy,...there is a lot grip, a lot.
So I hope you enjoyed how I descriped my feelings, or should I say Love, about this Car, even if my english is very bad.
Pictures will come soon.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
Donny

Pics please!!!

Giant terrago
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #5
adlinyusman
Regular User

thanks for the lengthty experience. I do love how the supercharger whines whenever you rev it up. Regarding the exhaust note, i don't think 911's are really loud to begin with anyway (as opposed to ferraris and lamborghinis or even the SL55..), so i 'm not surprised if you tell me that your cooper S has a more prominent exhaust note. It feels zippity quick even though it isn't really going that fast, but that's the whole thrill of the car isn't it? Makes you feel alive everytime you floor your pedal to the metal!

Old 03-10-2004, 05:11 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Slighty OT, but I drove a Mini One time ago, and hell how well sorted that chassis is with some 100 hp more, I'm sure it can do wonders (as basically any reviewers told us already)
Old 03-10-2004, 07:03 PM   #7
Erdmann
Regular User

Yes that is right. Did you saw the Top gear episode where they tested the Mini Cooper S john cooper works (however they call it )? At the end of it they present the Mini Coopers S from BBR, I think it is a britan Tuner. It had 275 bhp...WOHOO, for me its unbelievable.
Sorry because of the pics, next week I get a new Camera. I only have videos of our big Tour (mini cooper s, Porsche 911, Mercedes Benz CLK 320). We tested which one is the quickest ). But I do not really know how to post some vids because the smallest I have is 9 MB´.
My Car of the week is this Mini I saw on the "Essener Motor Show 2003":
Old 03-10-2004, 07:18 PM   #8
adlinyusman
Regular User

i'm sure there are a lot of ppl here who would gladly host that video. 9 MB isn't that big; can't wait to watch it.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:33 PM   #9
Erdmann
Regular User

Sorry but it seems as if I am a total Forum Newbie :cry: . What do you mean with ppl that will host it??
Old 03-10-2004, 08:25 PM   #10
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erdmann
Sorry but it seems as if I am a total Forum Newbie :cry: . What do you mean with ppl that will host it??
it means that people can "take" ur vid and post it somewhere in the internet so eveyone can download, maybe u can send it to mee somehow and i can post it in the video vault
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:10 PM   #11
StanAE86
Regular User

I still haven't gotten the chance to drive one yet. Maybe this weekend. I've been meaning to get into the driver's seat of a Cooper S. My buddy told me it was the most fun car he's driven in a while...
Old 03-11-2004, 01:31 PM   #12
Erdmann
Regular User

maybe u can send it to mee somehow and i can post it in the video vault
Sure I can but the 9 mb video is not so spectecular, I just acellerate and the Camera shows how quick it goes from 70 km/h to 140 km/h. The Hole Video is about 500 mb. I have some more videos, the best is the Porsche Vid...260 km/h on german motorway. BUt I will try to send you the small one. 9 MB is that ok? e-mail or icq??
Old 03-11-2004, 02:21 PM   #13
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erdmann
maybe u can send it to mee somehow and i can post it in the video vault
Sure I can but the 9 mb video is not so spectecular, I just acellerate and the Camera shows how quick it goes from 70 km/h to 140 km/h. The Hole Video is about 500 mb. I have some more videos, the best is the Porsche Vid...260 km/h on german motorway. BUt I will try to send you the small one. 9 MB is that ok? e-mail or icq??
i dont think it will fit thru mail, and i only have msn messenger not icq...

and dami, i havent seen that tuner before, it looks good
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #14
Erdmann
Regular User

It is AC Schnitzer. A german BMW Tuner. Very nice cars they make.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:52 PM   #15
TT
Regular User

After the S6 it's time for tome Cooper S shots