Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-28-2003, 10:06 PM   #1
hemi_fan
Regular User

Default Gumball 3000 and Jabba

I was just thinking... how come we havent seen or heard anything about Jabba trying to get into, or participating in the Gumball... From what I hear he definitely has the vehicles necessary to join, and with all those toys im guessing that he can afford it. Why arent u a gumballer jabba?

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:15 PM   #2
gis
Regular User

im thinkin this is another one of those questions jabba has been asked a million times.LOL.

he told everyone last time if i remember that he doesnt have the time at the moment.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:25 PM   #3
blah
Regular User

Jabba should get a Ford GT, and then Gumball, and we could be his pit crew, following him around in bad ass Mustangs, and F-150s with parts, and gas and hookers.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:22 AM   #4
stracing
Regular User

as if he'll want to participate in a ford...well at least i wouldn't if i lived in england.
in a continent where ferraris, lamborghinis, porsches, merc, bimmers and other exotics are born. you wouldn't need to look elsewhere.
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 12:36 AM   #5
DR.GONZO
Regular User

that would be sweet,but gumballers are crazy mass tickets a lot oflaw shit happens yea a lot of time too.
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #6
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
as if he'll want to participate in a ford...well at least i wouldn't if i lived in england.
in a continent where ferraris, lamborghinis, porsches, merc, bimmers and other exotics are born. you wouldn't need to look elsewhere.

the Ford GT will kick a lambos/.ferraris/posches/merc/Bimmers/TVRs ass, even in cornering. Any car born out of Spite is gonna be bad ass.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:40 AM   #7
interceptor_01

hey, there's nothing wrong with the ford and i cant wait to see a GT version as it will KILL all the 360 Challenge cars!!!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
Old 10-29-2003, 02:45 AM   #8
cho_888
Regular User

who cares what cars preform like and what they handle like cause we can always go back to the fact that is only a FORD and will never have a name like Ferrari. i would rather drive a slow ferrari than a fast ford.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:05 AM   #9
interceptor_01

ford never meant to be a producer of fast race cars, they produced family cars and cars for everyday use. ferrari was made to produce sports cars, ford can beat them at their own game, lets see ferrari produce a family car for the masses, oh wait their precious reputation and name are at stake.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:24 AM   #10
cho_888
Regular User

thats absolutly coreect the name, what else do most people look for in a car?
Old 10-29-2003, 03:28 AM   #11
heath
Regular User

Originally Posted by cho_888
thats absolutly coreect the name, what else do most people look for in a car?
cha ching

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 03:32 AM   #12
crazidude
Regular User

i would personally prefer jabba to get a zonda
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:21 AM   #13
jon_s
Regular User

I dont think that there are any doubts about the Ford GT. It is a stunning car- pure and simple- it is also superb value for money! Along with the Saleen S7 these are two cars that are produced by the US that IMO are worthy of supercar status in every respcet. I don't want to go down the USvEro car argument, cos IMO that is what killed RF for me. Also, before I get vette fans on me, yes I do respect them, always have and always will. In fact, I saw one on the M25 (a rare sight in the UK), I gave the driver a thumbs up as he passed, and he put his foot down....the sound was something else.

Anyway, back to the topic, without trying to speak for him, but I believe that time as gis has already said is a major factor. Believe it or not, the money he has did not just arrve in the post lol, he has to work for it. Having said that, Jabba, if you do ever do the Gumball....you know who to call!! 8) 8) 8)
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:16 AM   #14
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
Believe it or not, the money he has did not just arrve in the post lol, he has to work for it. Having said that, Jabba, if you do ever do the Gumball....you know who to call!! 8) 8) 8)
Yes that is pretty much spot on and kinda the answer I was about to give....I am only able to spend as much time on JW as I do because I am lucky enough to work in a multi tasking office enviroment....for me to even have a week away is pretty much unthinkable right now...

Maybe we could have a hardcore race around the M25 one night (there is an offical record for this I understand) maybe starting at 3 am or something...or even our own 24 hour event of 5 laps around it or something... LMAO....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:26 AM   #15
gis
Regular User

LMAO,that be actually pretty fun jabba,the M25 24 hour

we should organize that

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote