Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #61
LotusGT1
Regular User

Alonso was the most impressive in the first half of the race, the way he came from 15th to 1 was nothing short of fucking impressive. Race was entertaining to the end, good for Button he got the win.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #62
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by saadie
not letting anyone pass is one thing .. blocking is another .....
It's fucking racing man, keeping someone behind you is part of the game, J.V. and Webber are notorious for it. It's also part of the game to be good enough to find a way around, like Alonso did early on.

And a real shame here, Kubica has been DQ'd for being underweight... This development moves Schumacher up to 8th and he scores a point, cutting into Alonso's lead to 10.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #63
maja
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
And a real shame here, Kubica has been DQ'd for being underweight... This development moves Schumacher up to 8th and he scores a point, cutting into Alonso's lead to 10.

And this is horrible. 2 kg underweight! I bet now BMW and Mario Theissen will decide to let Robert Kubica race in Turkey. I bet Villeneuve is really in trouble now.
maja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #64
saadie
Regular User

It's fucking racing man, keeping someone behind you is part of the game, J.V. and Webber are notorious for it. It's also part of the game to be good enough to find a way around, like Alonso did early on.
and thats howthe drivers get the reputations .....
Old 08-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #65
GRiP_DRiVER
Regular User

Wow that has to be the best F1 I've watched in some time. Not the normal first half of the race is good. Then the second half sucks and you just wait for pitting.

I was in shock when Alonso's wheel fell off. Wow. Then MS got up to 2nd with his crap tires. Wow what a race.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #66
bmagni
Regular User

Best race so far, pretty entertaining, I was pretty tired but I couldn't sleep cause it kept me awake all the time...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #67
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I had circus music going through my head during the whole race. That was insane!

Raikonnen flying off the back of Liuzzi, Fisi flying off the track, Alonso losing a nut, Schumi loosing his sterring, Trulli's engine going boom...Button getting a win, Heidfeld and De la Rosa on podium...the fun never stopped This should make the next race even more frantic

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #68
nthfinity
Regular User

so BMW sauber take the DQ in stride....

Am I the only one who thinks they are hiding something; hence the full cooperation, and not pressing the matter to higher courts?
Old 08-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #69
ZfrkS62
Regular User

^ I guess so. Heidfeld passed, i don't know why Kubica failed. Unless of course he lost more weight than they thought during the race.

They do combine the driver's weight to the weight of the car don't they?

Old 08-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #70
sentra_dude

Most exciting race this season no doubt, rain always makes things interesting. I can't believe Kimi plowed into the back of that other car so completely :x ...I was hoping he'd win. Then we have Alsono's wheel nut fall off, that must reeally suck, I wonder what happened to the wheel nut guy?!

Finally we have Micheal trying waaay too hard to keep his position...what the hell was his problem. It was obvious the guy behind him was faster, and still when he was about to be passed he cut the chicane? He should have moved over after cutting the chicane, serves him right to have a broken steering rack. If he would have just accepted a slightly lower position maybe he would have actually finished the damn race. :roll:

And, GO HONDA! 8) Finally Jenson wins, and Honda gets a win!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #71
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
^ I guess so. Heidfeld passed, i don't know why Kubica failed. Unless of course he lost more weight than they thought during the race.

They do combine the driver's weight to the weight of the car don't they?
they do, now this gives schu 1 point and massa 2... the championship is getting more and more exciting !!
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #72
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Finally we have Micheal trying waaay too hard to keep his position...what the hell was his problem. It was obvious the guy behind him was faster, and still when he was about to be passed he cut the chicane? He should have moved over after cutting the chicane, serves him right to have a broken steering rack. If he would have just accepted a slightly lower position maybe he would have actually finished the damn race.
while he should have let Pedro by the first time, it's still possible he drove 2 laps with a fucked up steering system which would have been entirely possible.

It may have happened when he lost his front wing for all we know

Old 08-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #73
nickthaskater

PS. Alonso didn't have a nut fall off, he had a driveshaft failiure (confirmed by Renault).
Old 08-07-2006, 02:29 AM   #74
EnzoLover
Regular User

Nice race

Some videos
Old 08-07-2006, 04:27 AM   #75
Fleischmann
Regular User

Awesome race!! I don't think anybvody was expecting the outcome. Jensen with his first win after 133 races. Alonso ending the race before time, Schumacher with problems 3 laps before the end. And Kubica...what a great debut, too bad he was disqualified. Apparantelly the unexpected weight loss was caused by the tyres wearing out. The last ten laps were just a lottery, Kubica was still racing on semi's whilst everybody else had already changed to slicks, but with dark clouds above the track rain could have started pouring any second.

Scott Speed had a rotten bit of luck. The station broadcasted the driver talking with the team, he said "we should change our tyres in 2 laps". After changing them the car couldn't catch grip, like it was riding on a sheet of ice. So then he returned to the pits and changed to wet tyres.Two pointless pit stops.

This was not only a battle amongst the drivers, but also between tyre manufacturers and it definatelly showed.