Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-09-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
MIHALS
Regular User

Default what shoes do you wear?

another stupid question, ain't it

but today I'm just soooo happy!!! it started 6 years ago, when I used to do athletics. I was looking for some good shoes, but I never liked brands like Nike or Adidas... so I found Brooks shoes. the seller told me that this brand is basically the competitor with the other brands, but it's cheaper, cos it's not so popular. I decided to buy them... I've NEVER tried better shoes before :shock: ! they're like if you stepping on the marshmallow and those shoes lasted till today - 6 years! they're still ok, no damage, but just the shoe sole is gone and the "gel cushion" is nearly damaged. so today I bought another Brooks, even the same type, but "little bit" newer . and why am I so excited? because today I was in about 15 shoe shops and nobody knew about the Brooks. just nike or adidas, someone even knew about asics :roll: . so I went home, turned my laptop on and found the Brooks shop on the net ... I know, you have to go like :roll: ops:
here are the shoes (I just got the Blue/white/red/silver combination):
http://www.londonmarathonstore.com/a...apor6-LM05.htm

edit: ok, my shoes pic here >

and what kind of shoes do you weare???
Old 12-09-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

i stopped buying no-name shoe brands since i was eating them about a pair every 7 months or so... so my favorite pair im wearing rightn now are Adidas Response TR X (10)

very compfortable, great grip on outdoor type surfaces... dirt/snow/grass. great lateral support. and 4 months on, i have hardly any wear on the sole.

besides being compfortable... i like the stlying for being understated... when so many Nike's are soooo over the top, saying "look at my feet" :roll:

basically the same... the orange is red on mine
Old 12-09-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Adidas Superstar are my most recent shoes
Old 12-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
MIHALS
Regular User

^^^ my friend has these and is really happy with them, Evo
Old 12-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

and
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #6
elbugalee
Regular User

allways All Star

Old 12-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #7
callen
Regular User

Dada Pro Am Supreme. I am on my second pair already (I buy a new pair of shoes every year) they look good are comfortable enough I like em
Old 12-10-2005, 12:57 AM   #8
ferrari550
Regular User

right now i am swtiching between pairs. i have puma mostros and lacoste tennis shoes, they are both great. but i must say that the pumas feel amazing.!
Old 12-10-2005, 01:06 AM   #9
tigerx
Regular User

had that on pretty much all the time now, got it 3 months ago off of eBay for 40$, very uncomfortable at first, but now i LOVE it.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:17 AM   #10
ferrari550
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx

had that on pretty much all the time now, got it 3 months ago off of eBay for 40$, very uncomfortable at first, but now i LOVE it.
i got my lacoste of ebay as well actually. i was worried that they would not fit but they turned out great! Saved a lot of money.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:18 AM   #11
ferrari550
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx

i got my lacoste of ebay as well actually. i was worried that they would not fit but they turned out great! Saved a lot of money.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:28 AM   #12
oscargarza88
Regular User

i use the brown adidas Tuscany almost every day....

they are very confortable unless you are on a very long day in uneven terrain... cause they dont have alot of cushion... but dont get me wrong they are confortable..
the white diesels are my second choice... i use these whenever im wearing white....
the red ones i never use.. ive used them like twice... i got them cause my bro found them like for 35 or 30 buks which well is oretty cheap really...
they are super confortable though! most confortable shoes ive ever tried! i could wear thema ll day!
and the other ones are my tennis shoes... i use them well every time i play tenis.. they are awsome! super confortable and they are the ones that have lasted the longest... ususally i put a hole throught the sole in like 2 or 3 months... in these it took me like 6... really good...
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #13
corvette97
Regular User

red tuscany, blue tuscany, some puma and springfield shoes
Old 12-10-2005, 03:07 AM   #14
exhausted mules
Regular User

heh
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 03:09 AM   #15
gigdy
Regular User

ok so this is my bin of shoes. There are 5 pairs of skateboarding shoes, 2 pairs for running, one black and one white pair of sneakers and 3 pairs of sandles. So i have one pair of skateboarding shoes that still has the sole so that i use to skateboard to class. The other 2 are used to go to the bars or when i think they might get trashed. I need 2 pair for the bars since one has a hole in the sole and cant be worn if its wet out, but i still like them. i have one pair that is at the bottom of the ladder and i never wear them. the last pair is brand new and will be worn once the one with a sole wears out. at which point all shoes will be moved down the ladder and i will get a buy a new pair that will just sit and wait. I have one pair of running shoes that is for the gym and i like to keep nice. The other pair is if i have to do a lot of walking since sktaboarding shoes arent comfy, and i dont want to ruin my gym ones. The white sneakers are only worn without socks and with shorts. The sandal are left over from when i lived in a dorm and didnt want to go barefoot. So in conclusion i have 5 pairs that ore constantly worn. And this is why lead paint is no longer used.