Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #16
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

awesome Erez...great to have you back! I hope you start doing PS agains...sadly I can't anymore, I'm drowning in work + class

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:51 AM   #17
No.1
Regular User

Congrats on finishing your service Erez... i know you found it hard to visit JW

Now you can concentrate on your studies etc, i'm sure you are a better man for being in the army - i'm not sure i could stick it out ops:
Old 12-01-2005, 11:55 AM   #18
BADMIHAI
Regular User

WooWoo! Finally Free! I'm glad to hear you're out, buddy. 8)
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:15 PM   #19
Zot09
Regular User

Congratulations dude!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #20
bmagni
Regular User

congrats dude, enjoy school now
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:13 PM   #21
|Nuno|
Regular User

Congrats dude, glad you're happy. 8)
Old 12-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #22
antonioledesma
Regular User

congrats Erez!!! now enjoy life
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #23
Toronto
Regular User

congrats, I know many friends that finished their service in the last couple of years. going to make the trek over to canada soon
Old 12-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #24
goodduckliness

congrats.
goodduckliness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:59 PM   #25
ARMAN
Regular User

Congrats civilian Erez!!!

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:06 PM   #26
blinkmeat
Regular User

Jeeze - good to hear you're out of that ridiculous manditory program...

Hope you didn't have to encounter anything "questionable" during your service
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:15 PM   #27
komotar
Regular User

congrat's dude 8)

and your overall impresions of the whole army thing?

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:51 PM   #28
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

and i'll start by order..

@RAMMIUS - i did a long long way in my service.. started like a lot of other people.. with a lot of motivation (that very soon went away :roll: ) and actually started at the air force in the whole pilot training.. droped out lack of motivation after 3 months.. went to a paratroopers unit.. and from there to medic traning.. (this is about the point where I lost the little rest of motivation I had left..) and from here to several places as a medic.. some sucked more some less.. (lots of problems in between.. some jail time.. :roll: )

@Lotus - you have NO idea how rusty.. so rusty I'm even a little scared to try again..

@Dan -

@saadie - why? are you joining in? hope you'll have an easy time , and thanks man

@ae86 - yeah you spouse to.. but like everything in the army (well here for sure..) if you are "connected" (i'm not sure how else to call it as it is very very hard to translate hebrew slang into english ) you can (and should) take care of you own ass as good as you can.. and the time I did I feel is more then enough.. i really dont want to be called once a year for some reserve unit.. i got myself a very nice document from the military that releases me from that

@Chaos - :shock: sad news! always LOVED your work! hope things well ease off on you so you can have some spare time.. btw- hope your doing well with the studying! and thanks

@thenumber1 - thanks man! yeah most of the time i had almost no spare time what so ever.. untill right near the end when things get a little easier
I hope I can concentrate on my studies better then in high school.. ops:
as for a better man.. I don't know.. I guess you learn from any experience.. really hard thing to sum up.. i really am trying to put it into word.. but I can't seem to do that.. one thing that comes to mind is "you win some you lose some" if you know what I mean..
anyone can stick it out there is the easy way.. when you want to and you have the motivation.. I fing everything is much easier then.. or the other way of "I don't want to do that.. but I have to.." and it is much much harder.. cause you really have to push yourself.. and I'm not sure how healthy that is.. but that's just me.. and you really can do anything you set you mind to.. it's just a matter of motivation.. with it.. it could go easier.. with out it.. i can go.. cause anyone can do anything.. just how you want it done is the question.. or if you even want it done.. ( I'm not sure if i made my point.. but i'll try better if you want me to )

@BADMIHAI - yes at long last! thanks man 8) very happy to hear from you too!! (BTW- I think your the only one with an avatar as old as mine )

@Zot09 - thanks

@bmagni - hehehe thanks I sure will do my best! (school sounds great now for some reason :roll: )

@|Nuno| - thanks so happy Icouldn't put it into words

@antonioledesma - :good: sure will do my bast man thanks!

@Toronto - (hi man ) actually I dont know if you remember... but the big plane is to move to canada (my only issue is the cold.. but I'm sure I'll get over it.. at some point.) Toronto area.. who knows.. mybe we'll be neighbors one day

@goodduckliness - thanks 2 post member 2 of many many more to come?

@Ronin005 - Thanks I wasted (so it feels) 3 (and a little bit) long long long long ass years

@goodduck - Thanks man na there isn't a topic.. but all the info is at this post (well not all.. the summary let's call it ) let's just say that the up service it kinda (not always..) up the soldier and what he want to make of it..

@ARMAN - LOL thanks a lot man like we say here.. a civilian is one rank above the main chief of staff

@blinkmeat - yeah.. all free.. thanks due to several problems I had in my service I didn't find myself doing "questionable" things (but a whole lot of things you question your self about in other ways.. many times i found myself saying "why the fuck am I doing this BS ass work" something anyone that was in any army I'm sure asked him self many time )

@komotar - to be honest.. I would have pass on it.. unless you are doing things that you really want to out of motivation.. it's BS.. and the only reasone people here do it's cause they have to and this country and people in it look in a bad eye on people that haven't serviced in the army.. up to the point even they want hire (in some places.. even that it is now againt the law..) them to work..
pfff... me looking at it now.. i would have pass all this BS if i had any idea.. and move on with my life.. and who knows.. maybe i would have been living in canada by now

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:28 AM   #29
nthfinity
Regular User

maybe i would have been living in canada by now
bah, canada is nice in the summer, and to visit... but the USA is the place to be

really, i guess i can only see myself living in just a few places in the world.. Michigan, Colorado, Alaska, Germany, Austria... beyond that, the best thats out there is there are just nice places to visit
Old 12-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #30
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erez_Avital

@thenumber1 - thanks man! yeah most of the time i had almost no spare time what so ever.. untill right near the end when things get a little easier
I hope I can concentrate on my studies better then in high school.. ops:
as for a better man.. I don't know.. I guess you learn from any experience.. really hard thing to sum up.. i really am trying to put it into word.. but I can't seem to do that.. one thing that comes to mind is "you win some you lose some" if you know what I mean..
anyone can stick it out there is the easy way.. when you want to and you have the motivation.. I fing everything is much easier then.. or the other way of "I don't want to do that.. but I have to.." and it is much much harder.. cause you really have to push yourself.. and I'm not sure how healthy that is.. but that's just me.. and you really can do anything you set you mind to.. it's just a matter of motivation.. with it.. it could go easier.. with out it.. i can go.. cause anyone can do anything.. just how you want it done is the question.. or if you even want it done.. ( I'm not sure if i made my point.. but i'll try better if you want me to )
No need to explain it... the experience is personal to you

Thanks for summing it up so nicely though