Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #46
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

FUCK YOU NICK!!!! LOOOOOOL

Pedro 2nd !!! Spanish HELL YEAH! !!!

Awesome race dont you think???
Old 08-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #47
Regular User

Amazing race, finally Button!

What a race!
03200165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #48
Everlasting
Regular User

crazy-crazy race!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #49
Toronto
Regular User

mark it down boys the countdown to knight hood for JB is coming
Old 08-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #50
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

WHOA! Kick ass race!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #51
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
CONGRATS JASON !!!!!!
I'm sure you mean JENSON

Congrats indeed - its just the thing he needs to get himself high again, and help him push for his next victory.

I was a little sad that he took so long to get this win, and it didn't look likely if we see the lack of pace/reliability in the last part of the season.

But hats off to Jenson - he's joined an elite club with very few members and i hope this is the first of manyCongrats indeed - its just the thing he needs to get himself high again, and help him push for his next victory. 8)
Old 08-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #52
nickthaskater

Glad to see Jenson finally get that monkey off his back, I can't imagine how relieved he must be...

Absolute shitter that Schumi had some sort of failiure... Even if he'd taken fourth, it would've been something. Oh well, at least Alonso didn't increase the lead either.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #53
McLarenboy

Pff, Jenson really has to enjoy this as much as he can because never in his life is he going to win a race when all the big players are still in the run. This reminds me a bit of Rubens first wins. He won Germany and England after somebody ran on to the track and fucked the race up. Well this is sort of the same lines. Button is worth absolutely nothing when racing against Alonso, Schumi & Raikkonen. :fist:

How amazing that so many drivers made so many mistakes, seems like nobody ever really learned how to drive in the wet. Like when the teamradio came on of Speed confirming the time was right for slicks :roll:

But thé loser of the race was Michael, i mean after the thing that happened to Raikkonen at the Nurburgring last year you'd think they would pit just one last time to make the finish but no. He's definitly lost the championship here, just add two more points at the end of this season and you'll see he would have been champion

@bultaco: phahahahaah, alonso out - so in your face! It aint over till the fat lady sings...
Old 08-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #54
maja
Regular User

This was one of the best F1 races I saw.
You guys mentioned Alonso, Schumi and Kimi. But I'd like to congratulate the bigest suprises of all... KUBICA!!

This was Kubica debut on the F1 race and he finished 7th! He is 21 years old and is great.
This was a huge suprise. He made great lap times at fridays as a 3rd driver in other races at the season. This time he started in a race and he made me as excited as seeing a dream car on the street, speechless while watching it.
in the f second lap he did a spin landing in a 16th position. Then he did a pit stop and manage to climb into 10th place. Then again spined and landed on 16the place. After that he climbed to 7th overtaking Ferrari driver and Michael brother. This was a tremendous race.
I don't want to say "what if" but imagine this race with a nice worm weather. I wonder where then Kubica would finish the race

Looking forward to next races with Robert Kubica
maja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #55
sameerrao
Regular User

Crazy race I must say. Its been a long time since we had a wet race and it made a typically tight and boring circuit come alive with lots of overtaking.

The Top Ten finishers today (apart from Massa) looked like the typical finishers from 11-20 - no Raikkonen, Schumacher, Alonso, etc. If one just joined in, they would have thought Speed TV skipped a page.

I missed the first 20 minutes but the rest was mayhem. Unfortunately it was too early in the AM for popcorn but it would be been perfectly appropriate given all the drama in today's race.

I thought today was a repeat of Indy 2003 where the Bridgestone vs Michelin runners went forwards and backwards depending on the amount of water on the racetrack. If memory serves me right in 2003, the Bstones were atrocious in semi-dry conditions but came into their own as it wetted up. This race was the complete opposite rom a tire standpoint.

I think the best drive was by Alonso today - he was the fastest runner for most of the race and particularly the moments when the track was really wet. Michael was splendid too driving hard when clearly the tires were not the best rubber on the track. i think Michael should have changed tires to slicks at his last stop - it could have perhaps kept him ahead of Heidfeld if not De le Rosa. I wonder what caused his retirement?

Both these guys made their #2s look extremely ordinary today.

Fantastic drive by Button to win under difficult circumstances. He was fast and mistake free and that's how you win wet races.

De La Rosa did a great job too - I liked his remark to guys in the command center - "Dont worry guys I know what I am doing" - I guess the nervous nannies behind the pitwall must have been advising him too much on the radio

Great debut by Kubica

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #56
nickthaskater

Schumacher retired due to suspension damage, incurred when Heidfeld made a move on him in the same chicane where de la Rosa had a few gos, and Schumacher wound up hitting the back of Heidfeld's car.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #57
saadie
Regular User

lucky ass ... jesnen bottn ..
.finally hes showing that he really is a contender ... next season will be awosme ..

damn that mixup of kimi and luizzi ..... luizzi slowed down and gave kimi the way ... kimi though he wouldnt slow down lol .... funny but sad ..

nice to see renauly is back on the pase with the damn pers shit ..

all in all ... good race 8)

ohh and schumi assed up again .... he wasnt letting anyone pass . lol ..
Old 08-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #58
nickthaskater

Last time I checked, you don't 'let' someone pass you in the dying laps of the race. If he was that much slower, then the competitors have to find a way to get around him. He was racing for points and position, and he was holding his own with de la Rosa pretty well for a while. Not his fault if the competitors can't get by him. Hell, Alonso got by him pretty well.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #59
saadie
Regular User

not letting anyone pass is one thing .. blocking is another .....
Old 08-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #60
he7lius
Regular User

Well done Jenson.

Just disappointed about Kimi.
he7lius is offline   Reply With Quote