Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Feb 02: Audi TT 3.2 V6 DSG indepth

And here is another indepth.. a "down to earth" car we could say after its cousin the mightly B7 RS4, but what a nice one anyway.
As the old members around here will know, my nickname IS NOT related to the Audi TT. I actually didn't like it at first, but with time passing it is becoming more and more sexy IMO.. mature and classy. It's nice to look at it, and it's sportier version is a good way to wave it goodbye now that the new model is "close". This car was equipped with several options and most important, the interesting DSG tranny. Also interesting the rare bordeaux for the exterior, matched by that beige leather interior. Very elegant!
So, this was another passenger only experience, but I start to become an expert in reviewing cars from the right seat . Well, first of all, the soundtrack is so much better than the 1.8T versions. I was in a couple of 180 and 225 TT and well, the sound although not terrible, is not really inspiring. this V6 is very "german", running like a swiss clock, and gently reaching the cabin without beeing too loud. It is a pleasentfull soundtrack, maybe a bit too predictable and "pure V6", but very fine nonethless. The engine pulls strong, from any revs and that DSG is indeed as good as you read. VERY smooth and blistering quick! Really difficult not to check that option after having tested it I fear
Without beeing impressive or scary, the TT V6 was a nice experience and the quattro system proved to be a good friend on slightly damp roads, providing amazing grip out of corners!

I know it's not the kind of car everybody is hoping to take in picture, but the inpdepths features are what I prefer since I started doing them and I jump on everything (well, almost ).

And I was actually kinda happy with the pics. We found a couple of interesting locations and light conditions were so different and always cool

Enjoy, and you can reach the 33 high-res pics by clicking the previews below

Old 02-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
sentra_dude

Dang TT! You are making this a regular occurrence...have you started charging for your services yet?

Really great pics TT, I think your pics have convinced me that a polarized filter is the way to go.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
MIHALS
Regular User

wow, you're getting better and better TT!!!

great pics, aspecially that paning shot could be on the cover of some mag :shock:

congrats TT!!!

but WTF is that stick between seats? aaah I see... it's called automatic gearbox - even if it's DSG
Old 02-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Thanks guys I guess I was just inspired

everso, those wheels are just winter wheels provided by the Audi dealers, nothing special and an inch smaller than its stock ones

And sure, go on and spread the word that's why I have a website

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Dang TT! You are making this a regular occurrence...have you started charging for your services yet?

Really great pics TT, I think your pics have convinced me that a polarized filter is the way to go.
Hehe, I have an upload queue for street sightings but for indepths too

Originally Posted by MIHALS
great pics, aspecially that paning shot could be on the cover of some mag :shock:

To get two correct ones I shoot like 30 of them though :bah: even with the stabilizer, it ain't easy when you lower the speed a lot.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #5
ARMAN
Regular User

Oh man!! You are taking better and better pics TT And polarizer rulez btw Very nice "fog" pics and the last one in your post is best imho

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Indeed I am always amazed to see how many detailed shots I managed to take I really hate them and need to rape myself really hard to shoot such pics, so every single one is an achievement
Old 02-02-2006, 02:08 AM   #7
yg60m
Regular User

As I already said, it is very interesting to have an opinion from someone close to us so I love these indepth threads And with TT's talent to take pics it becomes a pleasure to see Big Thanks Matteo

BTW, what about the Zonda F indepth ??
Old 02-02-2006, 04:36 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

Well, I am crossing every finger possible and should talk with the dealer the upcoming week-end to see if we can sort something out
Old 02-02-2006, 04:48 AM   #9
pzgren
Regular User

that would be amazing, a zonda indepth.... but anyway, very nice pics of the TT. i don't like the color but who cares, the car with it's 3.2l enginge is great. sadly i didn't had the chance 'til now to test the DSG. It seems that weather didn't change in your region since the RS4 indepth
Old 02-02-2006, 05:37 AM   #10
dingo
Regular User

Great stuff again TT, despite the car not being anything truly special - although I do like it in that colour I have to admit. I agree with you about taking any opportunity for an "indepth" (or whatever others call them) - its always fun having a car in your control to take whatever pics you like.

Thanks alot, I have to admit these are the first Audi TT pics I have saved on my HDD.

Originally Posted by TT
...need to rape myself really hard....
I call it masturbation.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #11
stmoritzer
Regular User

^LOL, looks like TT shoots several cars per day

stunning photography, well done TT !
I was never a fan of the AudiTT's, simply because I don't fit in one of them
thanks for the close-up pics, the interiour looks very nice
my fav pic is the one in the stadium

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:35 AM   #12
gucom
Regular User

SUPERB pics, and a great colour too
Old 02-02-2006, 07:38 AM   #13
Shinigami
Regular User

Very nice pics! I think you SHOULD take more closeup pics. It's all nice to have shots that show the entire car, but I for one also like to see detail shots, especially of the interior of a car so that I can gloss over them and check out things (and compare them with other cars).

Good work man!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #14
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by pzgren
that would be amazing, a zonda indepth.... but anyway, very nice pics of the TT. i don't like the color but who cares, the car with it's 3.2l enginge is great. sadly i didn't had the chance 'til now to test the DSG. It seems that weather didn't change in your region since the RS4 indepth
Well, actually this indepth was shoot a couple of days before the RS4's. It's thanks to these pictures that the dealer called back my friend begging him to take the RS4 for a drive so we can give them some nice pics LOL

Originally Posted by dingo

I call it masturbation.
Uhm.. so you think I shouldn't complain?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:15 AM   #15
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT

Originally Posted by dingo

I call it masturbation.
Uhm.. so you think I shouldn't complain?
It depends, do you enjoy masturbation? (please don't answer that!)

Seriously though, I find taking detail pics a pain too - just not my thing although I am trying to improve that.