Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #151
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Any new update Z?
I've been slacking pretty bad since i've moved. Also getting kind of pissed that everyone seems to be posting BMW news stuff outside of here, which scatters it quite a bit.

E70 X5 went into production this month and will be in showrooms for November. The bulletin i saw said they would be availible within a wek of production start, but i'm wondering if that's just for ordering since model launch is officially November.

Neiman Marcus had 50 Limited Edition M6's built and painted in a Ruby Black color, and offered them for 139,000usd EACH. They sold on it a record breaking 1 minute 32 seconds :shock:

Model launches should be fairly quiet after November until the E92 M3 screeches into showrooms. After that i don't think anything is due for replacement until 2009 MY 7 series.

Other than technical stuff that applies to me, i think that's everything...

Guys, if you could PLEASE start posting BMW related news here, that would kick ass. I realize it may look cluttered, but at this point the only discussion really seems to be centered around the last E9x to launch, which is the long awaited M3, so it should be fairly organized for now.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:50 AM   #152
ae86_16v
Regular User

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=61559

The X5. . .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:06 AM   #153
ZfrkS62
Regular User

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61559

The X5. . .
Thanks for posting these

dunno if i'm crazy about the tail lights, but the front end looks good.

This one dosn't seem as imposing as the facelift did but i'm sure once you see it in the metal it's much different.

The 4.8 is a fucking godsend in the 7 and 5, so let's see what it can do in the heavier X5

Old 10-24-2006, 02:11 AM   #154
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61559

The X5. . .
Thanks for posting these

dunno if i'm crazy about the tail lights, but the front end looks good.

This one dosn't seem as imposing as the facelift did but i'm sure once you see it in the metal it's much different.
Haha, I am just the opposite, I like the back A LOT. Very elegant yet sporty, but the front for me is too aggressive and doesn't look right.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #155
ae86_16v
Regular User

More:

http://rapidshare.com/files/845136/X...Guide.pdf.html

Old 11-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #156
ZfrkS62
Regular User

my shop foreman just got back from E70 training. Apparently it's really not much bigger than the E53 and the 3rd row seats is big enough for kids or topgeartom but that's about it.

only the 4.8 will be offered at first starting out at 55K and topping off in the 76-77K neighborhood. The diesel engine will NOT be making it's return to North America next year as originally planned due to differences in the fuel quality between the US and Europe. Apparently, once again, it's eating the engines The delay puts the re-introduction to about 2009.

They should be rolling into showrooms this month. My dealer is slated to get ours in early December.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:49 AM   #157
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Huh, I thought the E70 was supposedly really bigger. Gotta see one with my own eyes first.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:11 AM   #158
ZfrkS62
Regular User

^ Huh, I thought the E70 was supposedly really bigger. Gotta see one with my own eyes first.
yeah, i thought so too. He said it is bigger just not by as much as most people thought.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #159
ZfrkS62
Regular User

After a 3 year renovation and expansion project, BMW has a new home at the Nordschleife. For roughly 40 years, BMW has been using the race circuit as an integral part of the development process for their vehicles. The 12,440 square foot, high-tech workshop has been expanded for test and development work to be done for years to come.

Mention the name Nurburgring Nordschleife to any motorsport enthusiast or driving simulator playing teenager, and you will be greeted with responses ranging from "fantastic" to "diabolical". This legendary Formula One circuit was built over a two year period from 1925 to 1927 and compromises 73 turns; 33 Left and 40 Right and 300 meters (975 feet) of elevation change within a 20.8KM (12.9MI) ribbon of varying road surfaces that is undoubtedly the most challenging race circuit ever conceived.

Over the years, the BMW facility at Nurburgring Nordschleife has seved as the base of operations for the BMW Motorsport Team. Activities for DTM (German Touring Car Championship, STW (Super Touring Car Championship). ADAC GT Cup and various 24 Hour race entries and organizational coordination for the popular Ring Taxi.

The workshop, which formerly consisted of 4 work bays, now contains 11 work bays, wheel alignment facility and wash facility. In order to to help the staff feel at home, a leisure room has been added along with a common room. Because test data nd protocols need to be transmitted quickly and securely, techs work in an office area with 30 computer work stations connected directly to Munich and Garching. Finally, 2 exhibition and conference rooms have been created.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Looks like there's a bigger landmark along side the Green Hell

Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #160
nthfinity
Regular User

definately cool... still, i hope all this expansion, and future expansion from other marques don't ruin the ease of viewing and driving of NS...
Old 11-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #161
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
definately cool... still, i hope all this expansion, and future expansion from other marques don't ruin the ease of viewing and driving of NS...
i don't think it'll be that bad really. as long as they stay tucked away it'll be alright.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:35 PM   #162
vexor
Regular User

** Spy shots: BMW X6 **

Spy photographers have captured what appears to be the first prototype of the mysterious BMW X6 crossover. The X6 is believed to be a four-door crossover-coupe with a sloped roofline and sporty handling. BMW engineers have gone to great lengths to disguise the shape of the car's roof, but all indications are it will look something like the Volkswagen Concept A, with four doors instead of two.

Spies say they were first unsure of the identity of this vehicle, since another X5 spin-off–the V5–is said to be in the works. But the V5 is supposed to be a uniquely space-efficient vehicle in the guise of Mercedes' R-Class, and this prototype doesn't seem to fit that description.

The X6 is likely still two years away from showrooms. Given its extensive component sharing with the new X5, that time-frame could be accelerated slightly. Gallery after the jump…

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #163
davide
Regular User

^^
haha looks horrible
Old 11-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #164
yg60m
Regular User

They don't know what to invent for selling cars ... :roll:
Old 11-24-2006, 10:55 PM   #165
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i'm pretty skeptical of this. these could just be late hitting spy shots of the E70 given the timing. I really see no reason for BMW to make something like this given the E53's popularity and now the E70 has come out to take it's place. The timing of an X6 is horrible from a marketing standpoint. topping out at 77K, there's really not much of a market for a 6 series priced SAV.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.