Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #31
yellky
Regular User

i just wonder when goldenboy's father will have to disappear from the pits..
come on dad, you cant be there every race, it makes me feel like a little kid.. other guys have girlfriends and wives.... please dad wait at home..
Old 10-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #32
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Wow, Mr. Nice Guy is now becoming aggressive against some journalists. He's more arrogant every day:

Q. (Heikki Kulta – Turun Sanomat) Lewis, do you hope that the storm comes and the race will be cancelled?

LH: No. Do you know what? I'm really surprised that you've asked me a question because all season you've not asked me one question. Whenever you get the microphone I know the question's going to Kimi. No, I think no, I just want to race. I'm going into tomorrow not thinking hey, this is the championship.
no need to post EVERYTHING bad he says. Or at least talk about someone else or somehting
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #33
blue8
Regular User

Vettel penalized:
After being handed a ten position penalty for crashing into the back of Mark Webber in Japan last Sunday and then having the penalty rescinded this weekend, Sebastian Vettel has been handed another penalty ahead of Sunday’s Chinese Grand Prix, this time for allegedly blocking a rival.

Vettel recorded the eighth fastest time in the first round of qualifying this afternoon and then went on to qualify 12th for the 56-lap event. However it emerged this evening that the rookie racer will now start 17th after being handed a five position demotion AFP France report.

Tonio Liuzzi and Vettel therefore now line-up 11th and 17th respectively for the penultimate race of the season.
Al0nso is very disappointed:
Fernando Alonso on Saturday afternoon seemed to uncork a wave of intense frustration as he spoke to journalists from his native Spain.

After oddly qualifying six-tenths behind McLaren team-mate and title leader Lewis Hamilton in Shanghai, the reigning world champion did not try hard to hide his suspicion that the Woking based team had deliberately slowed down his single seater.

"I am really interested to know where I have lost this time, because I do not think I have lost six-tenths in the other 100 laps that I have done this weekend," he said, according to the news agency EFE.

Alonso answered 'no' when specifically asked if he suspects McLaren of sabotage, but he also said he has 'no idea' if he has been weighed down with much more fuel than pole-sitter Hamilton.

He was rebuked on Friday by team boss Ron Dennis for saying he would 'not answer' a question about whether he expects equal treatment at the penultimate race of 2007.

Alonso added after qualifying: "I don't know. I am not going to make a comment about this after each session.

"If I was three or four thousandths behind, it doesn't mean anything - it could be small differences in fuel levels or small details such as that.

"But six or seven tenths... I can't remember any time that I was so far behind anybody. That was the strange thing about (today).

"If you have not had a good weekend, you say 'okay, I did not get comfortable with the car, with this corner'... but I have been fast all weekend, also in qualifying one and two.

"To be so far behind in qualifying three - I am the most surprised of all."

Alonso was asked how much optimism he will now carry to Sunday's grid.

"None. Very little. You are fourth, you have to recover so many points, hope for the rain, hope for the others to have problems and you have the luck to finish," he said.

Alonso was also critical of the 'atmosphere' he encounters at McLaren at every race, and accused Ron Dennis and his other bosses of planting negative stories about him in the German and British press.

"When I joined the team, I hoped for more. I arrived with two world championships, we have improved the car as much as we can - last year they were struggling to go into qualifying three and this year then are going to win the championship.

"The truth is that the treatment has not been very good."

Alonso seemed particularly bitter about Dennis, a day after the McLaren Team Principal said he was 'disappointed' that the Spaniard had not defended the team's principles of equality.

"Sometimes it is better to shut up than to lie," Alonso responded on Saturday. "And if he did that more often, I believe his team would be a better one.

"I believe that many of the things and the scandals that have occurred this year have been caused by him.

"I have spoken a lot with Coulthard, Montoya, with Kimi, and all of them left the team and found great happiness. There must be something.

"If something is going to improve, it has to start with them (the team). You always hear about, or I am always told about, the so-called equality of the team.

"It is impossible to have it in Formula One - there is always a better engine, a better lap to stop, always a better something or other."

Alonso is staunchly quiet about his plans for 2008, but he said he hopes to be able to prepare for next year 'soon'.

"Sometimes, by the things you hear or the actions, it seems like they also do not have any desire (to continue together). I don't have a problem; I have another ten teams that could be interested in me.

"Staying here... it is necessary to look at whether it is the best thing to do or not," he said.
It's not written here, but I think Al0nso summed it up best when he said "the championship has been decided off-track."

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #34
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Wow, Mr. Nice Guy is now becoming aggressive against some journalists. He's more arrogant every day:

Q. (Heikki Kulta – Turun Sanomat) Lewis, do you hope that the storm comes and the race will be cancelled?

LH: No. Do you know what? I'm really surprised that you've asked me a question because all season you've not asked me one question. Whenever you get the microphone I know the question's going to Kimi. No, I think no, I just want to race. I'm going into tomorrow not thinking hey, this is the championship.
I think he's just getting playful with the jounalist. I think it's highly depending on the tone.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #35
sameerrao
Regular User

I think Kimi is going to win tomorrow with a 1-2 for Ferrari but Hamilton is going to all but clinch the championship this weekend with a third or fourth. He is going to leave with a 9-10 point lead over everyone and barring a DNF is going to win it by Brazil.

Also noted the pretty self-destructive comments by Alonso

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #36
yellky
Regular User

my guess:
Rai will go for a win
Alo in top 4
Ham DNF - collision with Vet
and Vet who dare to touch the goldenboy, by the FIA decision, will be dropped 10 positions in next 80 races
Old 10-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #37
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by yellky
my guess:
Rai will go for a win
Alo in top 4
Ham DNF - collision with Vet
and Vet who dare to touch the goldenboy, by the FIA decision, will be dropped 10 positions in next 80 races
I would love that result, it will make Brazil much more interesting to watch.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #38
blue8
Regular User

Powerful typhoon heads for China
A child is rescued from a home destroyed by a mudslide in Taiwan (06.10)
Krosa battered eastern Taiwan, uprooting trees and causing floods
Mainland China is bracing itself for Typhoon Krosa as officials warn eastern coastal provinces and cities to prepare for the worst.

Almost 140,000 people have been relocated in Zhejiang and Fujian provinces, and 27,000 fishing boats recalled to port.

Holidays for emergency workers have been cancelled.

Typhoon Krosa is expected to strike southern Zhejiang and northern Fujian late on Sunday.

Strong winds, rainstorms and high tides are forecast.

China is nearing the end of a week-long national holiday, and more than 2,000 holidaymakers have been evacuated from island resorts.

Shanghai, where the Special Olympics are under way, has recalled all flood prevention workers as a precaution in case the typhoon heads further north.

Formula One motor racing drivers taking part in Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix, also in Shanghai, are braced for wet conditions.
Another wet race should be interesting, as long as it doesn't start with a 19-lap safety car period Considering this is a typhoon, chances are high that the race might be canceled if the conditions are really bad. I recall from months ago that a storm seriously damaged the grand stands at the circuit. If the race will push-through, I wonder how it will affect the strategies of the top 4. From qualifying, Hamilton seems to be on a much lighter fuel load than Raikkonen and Al0nso in particular. Would that be an advantage?

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #39
Bizi Jones
Regular User

so what's going on in China right now...is it raining/ wet race?
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:53 AM   #40
5vz-fe
Regular User

I still remember last year when Alonso claims Renault is screwing with his car at the end of the season because he's jumping to Mclaren. Yet same bitching tone happens again this year. He really should find a mirror and see what's wrong with himself.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:00 AM   #41
nthfinity
Regular User

OMGZ

Hamilton Retires!~!!!?!?!?!?!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:01 AM   #42
5vz-fe
Regular User

It's gonna be an exciting Brazil...my wish came true!!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #43
go1d1e
Regular User

Oh.. My...
go1d1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:21 AM   #44
DeMoN
Regular User

Yeah I was trying to keep awake (3 am here) and that definitely woke me up. Goddammit I just wanted this to be over and have Hamilton win. Now, 2 weeks for the conclusion.

If Lewis does not win, I hope Kimi does. God knows Kimi deserves a championship. I really want to see him smile wide for once, and Im sure he has not smiled ever because he is reserving that for when he is World Champ lol.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 AM   #45
5vz-fe
Regular User

I think Lewis has a good character. After so close of licking that Driver Championship, he still take the time to shake the hands of the mechanic, and chat with the annoying reporter that keep asking him how he fews right now. He is definitely on a different dimension than Alonso when it comes to character.