Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #61
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
blah wrote:
Suck my ass. also ur LS2 is new. so again suck my ass.

Your point? The LS2 is the "hairdressers" coupe and vert motor.. not the upcoming Z06 motor...

...besides - what's the point of the cammer anyway - if the regular 'stang can't turn worth a damn anyway - hell even the "SVT Slowbra" struggles to turn left after the 1/4 mile run - what's it gonna do through a set of S-bends... ???
hmm..... slow down for them of course and im quite sure the "hairdressers" coupe isnt for hairdressers in 6 speed configuration

the "camer" engine is availiable now for a small price of almost 15,000 $ usd....... soo, what if i put it in my jeep
I will put a $6,000 LS6 in MY jeep - and still have $9,000 for mods...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:16 PM   #62
nthfinity
Regular User

obviosly i was kidding..... with 15000$$ i woudn't likely be driving a jeep...

no doubt the camer is a good engine...... and the LS6 is proven good.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:29 PM   #63
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
obviosly i was kidding..... with 15000$$ i woudn't likely be driving a jeep...

no doubt the camer is a good engine...... and the LS6 is proven good.
Yep - you see this last issue of Hot Rod, they had the 3 Ford showcars used to diplay use for their new cammer crate motor?

An F100 (I seem to recall) Panel Vane Delivery (in UPS colours), a Mustang (again I am sure) and a V8 Focus...
Old 04-13-2004, 06:07 PM   #64
chest3r
Regular User

WOW!!!!

This car is absolutly AMAZING :shock: :shock: :shock:
The normal one was good but this is even better
Old 04-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #65
blah
Regular User

a man could do big things with a V-8 Focus
Old 04-18-2004, 03:33 AM   #66
Akmon
Regular User

This car is so cool,so powerfull,so beautifull,I just love
it
Akmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:12 AM   #67
Sm@ck
Regular User

I like it alot, I cant wait to see it on the streets! I really hope they will make it like this...

My fear is, at one point someone at Ford (some exec, or marketing man) will come along and say "what no airconditioning, no cup holders, no carpet, no radio etc..." eventually this thing will be like a corvette. Still a fast sports car, but more a "comfortable heavy sportscar" (like a Porsche 911). As opposed to being a 911 GT-3, a TVR.....
Concept cars always look sexy, but once the carmakers plan to release teh car, they become more realistic, and start cutting corners...
We will see, what I see now I definetly like.
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:30 AM   #68
blah
Regular User

i dont get ur corvette analogy/
Old 04-18-2004, 09:52 AM   #69
Sm@ck
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
I am sorry, I am not a native english speaker. What I meant to say with the analogy.

Right now the Ford concept, is like a Porsche GT-3, or BMW M3 CSL, these cars are reduced to the minimum (actually the Ford concept takes it further, no carpets, etc...). So they really have a very light sports car.

However I believe that if they will sell/produce the car, the car will end up more like a Corvette or Porsche 911. In that from teh outside the car will still look similiar, but the inside will be made a lot more comfortable, less raw. They will add more comfortable seats, and possibly aircoditoning etc. This however will make the car more heavier, and make this car less sporty, imo. It will appear to a greater crowd, but would make the car less intresting for me.
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:00 AM   #70
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sm@ck
I am sorry, I am not a native english speaker. What I meant to say with the analogy.

Right now the Ford concept, is like a Porsche GT-3, or BMW M3 CSL, these cars are reduced to the minimum (actually the Ford concept takes it further, no carpets, etc...). So they really have a very light sports car.

However I believe that if they will sell/produce the car, the car will end up more like a Corvette or Porsche 911. In that from teh outside the car will still look similiar, but the inside will be made a lot more comfortable, less raw. They will add more comfortable seats, and possibly aircoditoning etc. This however will make the car more heavier, and make this car less sporty, imo. It will appear to a greater crowd, but would make the car less intresting for me.
But that is the whole point of the Z06 and the 911 Turbo and the F360 - fantastic performance while retaining enough user friendlyness - making them usable as daily drivers[.

Remember the GT-R Mustang is a "race car version" of the street Mustang - which even in GT form is overweight and is not best handeling coupe on the road.

You have you analogy backwards - the fact that they have to take the Mustang and strip it completely bare of all usable features and modify it into a "race car" just to compete (performance wise) with the likes of the Z06 and 911 Turbo and F360 actually show how good the Z06 and 911 and 360 are in those terms.

This does not detract from the GT-R being a nice car - it is just the reality of using the Mustang as the base for "super car performance".

The last full race-spec Cobra-R in 2000 is the same story - they had to hand-build 300 cars that were essentially street legal GT race cars - just to get a Mustang that could compete with the Viper GTS and the Z06.

Make sense?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #71
bmagni
Regular User

FINALLY FORD IS DOING SOMETHING GOOD
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:03 PM   #72
Schwalbe

a man could do big things with a V-8 Focus
This is not a Focus V8, but this video shows a Focus Cosworth RWD.

http://www.lueneburg.net/vereine/fo...ossie_focus.wmv
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #73
Schwalbe

Oops sorry this is the good link:

http://www.lueneburg.net/vereine/for...ssie_focus.wmv
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote