Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default We've lost another founding member of JW

I wasn't here when this place started; but it was clear that this was like no other forum I'd ever visited. The attitudes expressed by the Core members was somthing that has beaconed so many of us later members to stay on. No matter how heated the argument; there was always progress one way, or the other in the "flames." No matter how heated it was, we would still love to go have a beer together.... the similarities among us kept us close; the differences... the separate approaches to our enthusiasm has been unique.

RC has told me he came here after the promice of what JW was compared to all the other childish, and poorly run forums out there. There is good reason why Jabba asked RC to come along for the ride. I may not know them; but I have my suspicions.

I am 100% sure that a lot of members here despise him to some degree; and I offer it is 100% unfounded. RC being the expereinced person he is, has taken the character of a devils' advocate to prod the naive into growing beyond that. In some cases it reaped its benefits over the past two years.

Anybody who has actually spoken, or met him know he is quite an important roll here.... one that is nearly impossible to replace.

This has never been a battle over "Corvette vs. European" or "USA vs. European" that so many appear to think it is. When there is a correction to be had; as somebody (so often) post false claims... RC is right there to make the rebuttle with hard edged facts. What confuses me is why the same people over and over again need to have the facts repeated... the same people!

What is beyond me is the level of personal attacks that have been hammered at a few of our core members, time and time again. It is the same people over and over again. They know who they are.

My wish isn't to spread the dirt all over the linen, but to try and remind people what this place was at one time. But this definately deserves attention; before Jabbasworld becomes lost in the thousands of forums that offer no real kinsminship.

Why do you think Dan left? Why do you think that so much of the original core doesn't logon so much? I dont know... but I sincerely wish RC to stick around, he has a lot more to offer if we are willing to use our lump of neurological mass a bit.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
T-Bird
Regular User

I strongly agree with you on this Nth everytime this place loses another core member it's like it gets a little emptier.

The fewtimes I talked to RC on Xbox Live he was a nice guy. He was great to talk to believe it or not he even liked Ferraris (some).

There were some things about him that bothered me but you know what everybody on here has their quirks and quals about another and that is what makes this place what it is.

I would really hate to see anymore people totally up and leave this place. I mean it's sad when the core members are becoming those of us that weren't here for the first years of this place.

I mean there are things that I disagree with Everso about but when I met him in person he was a great guy. He was someone you could go out and throw back a few with. It's the same with Nthfinity, hell you let me crash at your place for christs sake and bet there are many others that would do the same thing, there aren't too many places like that on the web where you feel like you know the person enough to be willing to do that. That is what I love about this place.

Yes I don't get on here as much now with my 50 hours a week at work then going to school 2 nights a week until 10pm but when I am on here it's great and it's the people like RC that made it that way.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:00 AM   #3
bmagni
Regular User

I really don't think he needed to leave, as you say I think hes an important person in the community. I understand the reason why hes leaving and I'm not gonna say its right or wrong though hes right about senseless posts, constant bashing to cars from the US and the forum not always being quite what its meant to be, a car enthusiasts forum.

I agree that RC might have been "rude", but thats just the way he is. When I first joined JW his comments were upseting, but then I came to realize hes just that way and that there wasn't reason for me to get mad or try to get back at him, its just his way of being. The few times I talked to him through Xbox Live he was always a nice guy and someone nice to chat with.
His comments might be crude, agressive or however you want to call them, but people sometimes take the shallow meaning of them and not the real meaning, thats what causes the trouble. Yeah there were sometimes that IMO he went past the line with personal attacks (not with me) but theres a way to solve that stuff other than doing the same.

In the end I hope he comes back and that we realize why he left and change this place for the better.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:07 AM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

When i first got here, i though RC was a prick. but as time went on, i started noticing there was a method to his madness.

It wasn't about the argument/debate. It was about encouraging coherent posts with facts, instead of opinion. If you were the kind of person who had to win or at least put his point across, then arguing with RC was eventually going to teach you how to do that. If nothing else, you developed a tougher skin and his remarks would either roll off your back or you saw the humor in it.

This place has changed alot in the nearly 2 years i've been here. I got here right at the tail end of the noobs asking for vids craze, and the frog hunting episode. As a whole, the community has matured past the noob flaming, and become something more serious. I realize that JW wasn't that new when i got here, but it seems there is a more mature attitude all around. Until something like this starts. But things have slowed down and there are maybe 20 members or so that are still posting compared to when i got here. I look at the avatar banner and realize that a good majority of them never show up anymore.

As T-bird mentioned, the comradory(sp?) around here is unmatched elsewhere. It seems like on other forums, memebers only meet up if they had previously known each other. here, forum meets are organized and attract members from hundreds of miles away, and good times are had by all.

I don't know what has been going on, or why egos are getting the best of people, but it's overshadowing all the positive points of this forum.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 05-05-2006, 01:48 AM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

Of course I had the same thought as you when I read RC thread about your nomination, I thought " another historic member of JW is leaving " after Dan and AL departures it really was a sad news for me
Old 05-05-2006, 01:49 AM   #6
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
I don't know what has been going on, or why egos are getting the best of people, but it's overshadowing all the positive points of this forum.
I'd like to know whats causing all this as well. I was gone for awhile (Not by choice) and things have definately changed. There seems to be far more bickering over nonsense.

Sadly, while I was gone, it seems a few people have disappeared. Most notably, Dan. It's a shame to lose someone like him, he was a cool dude. He was always there to help out, even if he didn't have to. He was an all around nice guy.

I've pretty much been here since day 1 and have no intention of leaving. But I would certainly hate to see this place degrade into just another car forum with kids argueing over nothing. JW is the best forum I visit. Not just because it pertains to cars, but because there are so many great people here.

I don't know exactly what the problem is, or even how to solve it. I just hope something can be done to stop it.
As for RC, he can dish it out with the best of them, sometimes I even found it annoying/offensive. Nonetheless, I'm in favor of him coming back. I don't really know him to well, but he seemed like a good guy overall.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:22 AM   #7
Daggernite
Regular User

Im still thinking RC may come back, I sure hope so. I dont think he left because of the corvette vs european, america vs europe antics at all. I think it all built up inside of him till he was just fed up. I could tell by the tone of the messages he was leaving, I even tried to make peace on one topic. But it got to the point where 3 of his threads was kinda ambushed, it went beyond coversation and debate and got personal.

Does anyone watch scrubs? Dr Cox is seriously like RC45. Seems rude, has snide remarks, but hes a great character , exsperienced and hes passionate about been a doctor. RC seemed rude, had snide remarks, but he was a great character, was very knowledable, and passionate about cars. His insults and hard remarks was humourous anyway. Theres only that time with RCsti I thought he went too far.

But anyway, I dont think topics like this are needed, writing about him as if hes died of something. RC will be in his corvette right now due to him now been on JW I bet. Racing "4Bangers" "pokers" "Fcars".

I bet hes at starbucks really
Old 05-05-2006, 05:38 AM   #8
black_magician
Regular User

I always thought RC was pretty funny because of the devils advocate thing. I got a kick out of the " .. its not euro, so it sucks" stuff. what a bummer to see him leave. is he gone for good? never to return?
Old 05-05-2006, 06:06 AM   #9
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

god damn it... this sucks big time.. JW will not be the same..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Old 05-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Well folks, outof respect for all y'all, escpecially Jabba - and to make sure this thing doesn't linger on forever, I will use at least offer a reply.

I am gone. The reason is 2 fold really.

First, as many of the respondants to this have indicated - JW was more than just crotch scratching yahoos fling dung at each other, it was (and I say was because it has changed as people became lazy and no longer work at keeping the society refreshed and honest) more a kinsmanship, comraderie blah blah etc.

Now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a psychology major to realize that of the 12,000 posts made 11,990 were in "character" and full of gusto and spice for a reason - again, if they were'nt does anyone think management would have allowed them? ( The last 10 or so were real.. I am telling you there are a couple mouths I would not piss into even their teeth were on fire.. )

But there is no doubt that some folks could never figure this out or perhaps come to grips with the ironic truth buried in the responses, and so took them to heart and very personally - some even holding grudges for 2 or 3 years. I hate to use demon as the demon, but this quote clearly summariezes that these misunderstandings are beyond repair"

Oh boy here we go again. You said that you'd close it so I was basically asking. But whatever, I wont post in this thread anymore as apparently, I am the bad guy of this forum.

This is closure from my part: In my defense, the "core member" issue was exactly what made me hold back and not reply in a rude manner everytime that guy posted crap dissing Europeans and adoring American (or insulting people who think different than him). I even took in some punches in hope he'd see he did wrong and learn on his own. I mentally pressed the "ignore" button you talk about assuming he was having a bad day and would get better next day. Well, that did not happen, so I just couldnt hold back any longer. Im not saying his posts weren't informative, just that he was rude too often to my (and others from what I read) liking. I dont want to bring back the fire, hopefully everything settles down.

Ok so, peace, I'm outs of this thread.
This brings up the second main reason:
For what ever reason people enjoy hating America... this is just a fact - no harm, who cares - it comes with the territory. Well - if you are a refugee in cambodia then maybe you have a valid beef with the GI Joes that napalmed you village, but if you are as an example, a guest getting and education here, or a german in your comfy lounge or a brit in the pub or even a greek lounging in a turkish bath you are simply "hating" because its the norm.

But again, who cares - well when your hate is driven by your misguided belief in point 1, it is not hard to see that folks mean the anger they express - and it is not in any sort of "character".

So, as an example, when the "infamous BMI video" was posted it was done with venom and anamosity - that was clear - and when the "other side" has descended to that level (as admitted to in the quote above) it is time to move on - not singling out the individual or the event, simply using it as anexample and illustration.

Not to mention the whole "Corvettes suck" - "no they don't check these numbers out" thing... so I won't mention it

I am still in awe and amazement that supposed educated people could not detect the hyperbole and realize that if I really was a stupid redneck inbread mulleted insulting cockass bithc - I would not have been allowed to stay. Of course as a human being, there are times you may get mad for real - but you get over it by just laughing it off, as this is just an intardnet forum right? - but there comes a time when you just say "ah fuckit".

Imagine for one second how you would react to someone offering to trim your toenails with a chainsaw or flick a bee from your grown with a sledge hammer... would you burst out laughing, cringe and say "I trust you - but you can't be serious" - or would you shoot the person in the face because somehow you imagine they are for real?

Some got it... others didn't and we have thus arrived where we have.

Salani gahle
Old 05-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #11
saadie
Regular User

RC you are staying
if somone likes somehting more then the other you cant make him change his liking cuz you like somehting better then what he likes and nor can he change his likeing for what somone else likes .. likeing and disslikeing should create hatered cuz no one likes that soo anyways the end is i dont like paris hilton and there is nothing anyone can do about it .. .
soo anyway .. lets just put the past behind and continue onwards :roll:
cuz you dont know how much of a loss you will be to JW is you stop comming here ...
okay . .this is the third time i dont know what i said ... :roll:
Old 05-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #12
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
...some even holding grudges for 2 or 3 years...
I know you refer to me on this one. Once again, I did not "keep anger" with me for 2 years as you so think. I did not think much of it. It was the repeated issue of being rude towards everyone when they said something wrong and all that that got me. Your way of being didnt make me ignore your posts. I read what you wrote because trash-talk followed from often witty-comments. I read the insightful comments you made and, uppon comming to the degrading part, hoped you'd change to a more docile person by controling your temper. I lost hope on the "docile" part and lived with it up untill you started aiming at me. In the same way as I give you credit for your posts and accept they were not just trash-filled, you too should think about the truth in my accusations and not change, but admit to them.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #13
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

I am gone.
Very sad, no matter how it’s looked at. I appreciated your colorful character and it became one of the expected personalities of JW. I hoped to meet you one day, as I do many of the main members (especially those within a reachable distance), and sadly, that probably won’t happen with you leaving. I can only say that I hope you leave with it being more of a break than a permanent exit. Honestly man, you will be missed.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #14
No.1
Regular User

man - this is certainly a dark time.

Arse-y-4-5 is part of what makes this site what it is. I'm not about to make a rambling post, but everybody knows that for all the shit he dealt out, and all the shit he took, he was an asset to the forums.

You win some, you lose some - not that simple :bah: I don't think RC can be replaced, and i'm sad to see him go.

But farewell, dude!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #15
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Hmmm, if I know RC well enough, I think he'll be back again, he's just in need of some attention. *kiss kiss*

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
Closed Thread