Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 03-25-2006, 03:44 AM   #16
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

my fuck its easy to get you yanks all pissy

Mission accomplished lol

Until you can get me riled up, you can't claim that victory.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

boooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiii innnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

Is that the most expensive American car or what?
No - the Veyron is... I mean that's who it's made for?? Right? Big, heavy, fast in a straight line and can't turn
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #18
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

I'd prefer a Koegneggsegg CCR over this looks good and its fast but i'd prefer a european supercar.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by RC45

No - the Veyron is... I mean that's who it's made for?? Right? Big, heavy, fast in a straight line and can't turn
LOL. the Veyron would KILL a Saleen on a tight twisty track. The Saleen is useless in this world.
Sometimes you provide some funny posts - but then others are just incorrect..

Last I heard, the Veyron could not pull off 2 back to back laps at the Nurburgring - tyres and brakes would not last long enough.

A Skoda would beat a Veyron anywhere except the freeway.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #20
hemi_fan
Regular User

LOL. the Veyron would KILL a Saleen on a tight twisty track. The Saleen is useless in this world.
Say wha!? New S7 has 1000hp, on par with veyron... i've also read that it has 60% more downforce than the older version, allowing it to theoretically drive upsidedown in tunnels at high speed They also lowered drag by 40%. The car also weighs over 1000lbs less than the veyron. My guess is they focused more on handling with this version, because its incredibly easy to increase the horsepower of this car. After all, the 1000hp version is only running 5.5psi of boost if im not mistaken.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/N...850946,00.html
Move over Bugatti Veyron - there's a new king of the road coming through - the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, already clocked at 416 km/h, with more to come!
As for testing, i dont exactly consider Sebring and Le-Mans to be parking lots...
With four Saleen customer teams entered in four series around the world, the Saleen S7R customer teams have set
29 poles and 27 fastest laps and won 19 out of 32 races this season -- quite possibly the finest inaugural race
season for any marque in history.
that was it's first season... imagine the improvements.
http://www.7extrememotorsports.com/l...saleen-s7r.htm

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

Last I heard, the Veyron could not pull off 2 back to back laps at the Nurburgring - tyres and brakes would not last long enough.

last i heard the Saleen does practice laps around Wal Mart parking lots.....not exactly a test track is it? hehe.

the Saleen is basically a misfit in the Supercar world....the only reason you're defending it is because it's american

if it was made in Italy, you'd trash it...and you know you would

The Veyron is just in a different world...not really worthy of comparing something like the Saleen to it...
so... something that is designed to be aero efficiant, and weights as much as the Bugatti's powertrain wont handle well?

now... I love the Bugatti; but the Saleen S7 is just on an entirely different playing field then the Bugatti... one that races successfully around the greatest tracks of the world... and Damn fast

the Saleen is more like a CGT then a Bugatti... thats just common sense
Old 03-25-2006, 05:02 PM   #22
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Ok but what was the time and whre exactly did you get this info from because it runs on run flat tyres which can last 50 miles if puctured so i'm they'd last more than 2 laps around nurburgring. When you buy a saleen and bugatti and live with them both then come back and tell us which is better though i'm pretty sure you'd still choose the S7 not because its better but because it's not european. I cannot understand why volkswagen would spend millions and about 5 years to create a car which is only good in a straight line i'm sure thy thought about track performance.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:24 PM   #23
nthfinity
Regular User

mclaren-

the Veyron runs a 'fast' lap of NS as if its bing chased by a 6 banger BMW

and since when do run-flats mean that you can run 50 miles while cornering at supercar-speeds? that just means that you can go 50 miles with low stress on the tires w/out separating the sidwalls from the wheel/tread.

as for the Saleen... again; world-beating performance... and all people can say is its american = no good.

that is soooo incredibly thick... incredibly narrow minded, incredibly ignorant... etcl
Old 03-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #24
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Nthfinity-

Ok fair enough if you have statisitical evidence from a primary source then the saleen is quicker and im not saying it aint no good i just prefer the veyron over it well and the ccr cgt slr enzo and zonda. Hey and im from the UK so the chances of me ever seeing an S7 are even slimmer than that of seeing a veyron.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:08 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

they veyron is the worst of the bunch period.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #26
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

we have irrafutable proof from somebody in the industry that the Veyron runs (ran) a 'fast' lap of NS in 8:30 (or 8:34)... about the same as a Z4.
Yep, I drove one at Nordschleife. I was being beaten by Vettes, Vipers Saleens and Cadilacs
Old 03-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #27
SFDMALEX
Regular User

lol man..........This Saleen can and prolly does (run neck to neck) if not beat the Enzo.

And the Veyron is a slow peice of shit.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #28
hemi_fan
Regular User

lol man..........This Saleen can and prolly does (run neck to neck) if not beat the Enzo.

Saleen's website has a number's comparison with many supercars including the Enzo. The saleen beats it in every category, even slalom with a 73mph slalom to the enzo's 72mph. Pulls 1.10g's instead of 1.01, and also much faster in a straight line.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #29
nthfinity
Regular User

Yep, I drove one at Nordschleife. I was being beaten by Vettes, Vipers Saleens and Cadilacs

wha? who? where? oh, you mean Cadillac's now i get it...

but it goes 250 mph
Old 03-25-2006, 06:29 PM   #30
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by hemi_fan

Saleen's website has a number's comparison with many supercars including the Enzo. The saleen beats it in every category, even slalom with a 73mph slalom to the enzo's 72mph. Pulls 1.10g's instead of 1.01, and also much faster in a straight line.
Well I dont really care what some figures say, they only make sense and come to use when on track Anyway I dont doubt that it would beat the Enzo.

As RC once said, omg Im quoting RC :shock: the cars today or so damn close in their performance that its really hard to tell which is ultimatly faster.

But knowing that Saleen has pretty good performance in the racing ranks, quite a few of them in FIA GT, it should be a solid performer all around.